Petition to improve Devil Dino Champion rewards

Options
alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So Bagman (a "limited" character) is the only 2* that gives a player a "Latest Legends" token upon completing him (max-Champ).

With the influx of Dino tokens this anniversary season, I finally Championed mine - and noticed the rewards are no better than a regular 4* character. :(

I would like to petition to have the limited "Devil Dino" final 3 rewards be increased to make him that extra special character. I think 5x the current rewards would be spectacular... making Devil Dino just a bit more special to all of us.

He's not that useful for play - even when boosted, only his Red is any good... but he is a badge of honor for those of us that got him on the first anniversary event.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to add this to my list of things I want the developers to do. I'll put it at 5,392nd.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reward structure change would be nice, but would also be upsetting to people who leveled past that.  So I don't think it's super likely.

I'd rather have them make him useful to use more than once a year...
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    Reward structure change would be nice, but would also be upsetting to people who leveled past that.  So I don't think it's super likely.

I'd rather have them make him useful to use more than once a year...
    Being useful once a year sadly still makes the dino not the worst 4* around.  Would love another rework though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    :p Each champ level should be a different 5* cover
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    they are fine.  instead of getting a cover every so often, you get them all at once.  maybe rework him to make him stronger, or boost him at some point during the year.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No offense, but considering the rarity of Dino (obtainable only during Anniversary) i dont really see the reason why should we ask for different promotion rewards.
    Instead, he should be boosted so we could use him as a regular 4*.
  • Alx85
    Alx85 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I abandoned champing thing and gamora 4* to champ dino as I had 5 covers from anniversary on the vine and didn't want to waste them... yet he's not a usable character, but gamora and thing covers will come round again... right? Feel like I was duped a little bit, some better champ rewards would have made me feel a bit better!
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He should be boosted once in a while, and he should be a feeder for a new 5* event character. Every 5 or every 10 levels instead of roughly every 20. 

Or, even better, they should just promote him to 5* and grandfather in everyone who already champed him. So I can have fun killing it for a while with a 506 Devil Dino. 
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He already gives better rewards than any other 4*.
    We get to 2 Crash of the Titans events every year that feature Dino.
    With 60+ 4* it takes over a year for the other 4* characters to cycle once.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last anniversary i got 4 covers (4/0/0); if that holds, in 28 years modifying his final 3 rewards will be relevant to my interests lol. But i agree with you, it seems mega-lame to have a character that can only be acquired once a year not be giving out stellar rewards above a standard. or be useful in regular play. I think adding him to The Hunt is a great idea
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Topic closed down in 3...2...1...
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just champed Devil Dino 2 Weeks ago with the 3 covers I got from the Shield Resupply Days 365, 366, and 367. I don't particularly mind that he is not that strong since it's a Special Character for a specific event. It is what it is. It would be nice to make him stronger, but as a 4* player would you really use him when there is such a wide variety of 4*'s available that get the job done more efficiently. I don't mind the rewards structure either. It's the same as any other 4* when it comes to getting covers for it with the only difference is you get a lot of them at once instead of sporadically through out the year.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ErikPeter said:
    He should be boosted once in a while, and he should be a feeder for a new 5* event character.
    Moon-Boy!!!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s time to do away with the special characters.  We only have 2, Dino and Howard yet we can get a Howard cover whenever his event runs. Just put them into normal rotation and be done with it.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I don't know, I'm not opposed to them existing, but if you're going to make them that hard to get, it would be nice if they were either usable or gave stellar rewards. But to be unusable, hard to get, and completely unrewarding to own is like "..."
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Howard is worth using, just he gets lost in the sea of 4s...like nearly all of them too, lol.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still think Dino should be a reward for the one PvE where he's in a node (The Hunt?) to mirror the Duck's availability.  

Speaking of Duck is consider 'Limited' but with 70+ 4*s and no latest anymore he might actually be on par or easier to achieve than your average 4*...  He's certainly a lot close then ever before.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It’s time to do away with the special characters.  We only have 2, Dino and Howard yet we can get a Howard cover whenever his event runs. Just put them into normal rotation and be done with it.  
    "We only have 2 in the 4* tier".

because Bagman and Yelena would both like to say "hi".

KGB

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    That's true, I actually think Howard is interesting; he seems to do stuff that aligns with my play style. Mine is just (5/1/3) so it's hard to really evaluate him against other 4*s in that state.