Elite pack rotation

Options
Machine
Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
edited August 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion

At the moment we have the choice of spending our mana jewels on the newest set (M19) or an older, still standard, elite pack. I like that there's a choice, instead of not wanting most of the cards from one elite pack and having to wait for another week for perhaps an elite pack for cards that you're chasing.

Is it possible to continue the options that we have right now? Offer two different elite packs; one always containing cards from the latest set and one elite pack from any other standard set and that these elite packs rotate every week?

Any other ideas?

Comments

• MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about also having legacy elite packs also available, but at a much lower cost?
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MTG_Mage said:
    How about also having legacy elite packs also available, but at a much lower cost?
    I like this idea, but would be worried that new players seeing the value of mythics for less would drop their resources on legacy cards that are very rarely useful.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ^^^ agree to both of these!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MTG_Mage said:
    I like this idea. Maybe set at 150?
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure I could be baited to spend on legacy elite packs but it's certainly tempting to complete card collections... 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    MTG_Mage said:
        150 would be too low i think, there's no obvious reason to see a diferent ratio than booster crafting's (60%)... Which would be 240 purples ... Or 250 to make it square.

• DumasAG
    Options
    Bil said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    MTG_Mage said:
        150 would be too low i think, there's no obvious reason to see a diferent ratio than booster crafting's (60%)... Which would be 240 purples ... Or 250 to make it square.

Reasoning is logical. Alternatively, they could lower the crafting cost of legacy mythics :D
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Regular legacy rotation would be nice, at lower cost even better. Also you don't need legacy cards very often, cards like omni make TG and TotP a cakewalk and help to mine even more jewels.

But I have to say: only some MP are worth considering aside from collectors pov. A lot come from MP19. 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did Octagon forgot to add DOM elite in vault today?
    ixl and rix had their turns
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Theros said:
    There's currently no policy.  And not the first time there's been only one current set elite since they have semi-randomly started offering two.

One of my questions posed elsewhere was about setting up some sort of regular non-current rotation.  It would be nice if it was more predictable.
  • DumasAG
    Options
    Theros said:
    Wonder if they'll break the DOM packs into three like it was when DOM was main set, or if they'll just lump all of DOM into one elite pack. I think I'd prefer the latter, so that we can get back into IXL/RIX elite packs significantly sooner.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why? Ix/rix leaving standard soon. Dom stay much longer. Ix got much weaker mp/myth too and rix left today.
    Bigger packs mean you have get more myth before targeting MP. Myth are craftable, MP are not yet. 
    I would be fine with legacy EP at lower cost. Until then I go for M19 and collecting jewels.