Space Season Recap

Options
The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion

Here are the recaps I did from the previous Reality, Soul and Mind Season which can be found here

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72993/reality-stone-season-recap/p1 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73541/soul-season-recap#latest

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74102/mind-season-recap#latest

This will be the 2nd season for the Win/Point hybrid based season and the first post Gambit nerf. It will be very interesting to see what the final scores were and how many player we had in SL7/8/9.  To make this simple going forward, the only thing we are looking for the following information.

SL season level:

Score:  Top 5 ending scores and if you know what bracket or flip you were in. 

EXAMPLE:

SL 9-2nd flip I think

1st:  27964 

2nd:  26878

3rd:  26697

4th:  26189

5th:  24886

Once the season is over, if you can please post your season bracket info, that would be much appreciated.  If you want to send it to me on LINE, you can do that as well.  I will update this once all the data is received.  Thanks for your help.

Space Season Recap:

SL9: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 4457 players
SL8: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 2221 players
SL7: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 2816 players

SL7-9 Total Players:  54494

-3244 from Mind Season

-4479 from Soul Season

-7228 from Reality Season

Mind Season Recap:

SL9: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 3852 players
SL8: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 1732 players
SL7: 5 brackets-Last Flip with 2154 players

SL7-9 Total Players:  57738

-1235 from Soul Season

-3984 from Reality Season

Soul Season Recap:

SL 9:  4 brackets-Last Flip with 4013 players

SL8:  4 brackets-Last Flip with 2589 players

SL7:  5 brackets-Last Flip with 2341 players

SL 7-9 Total Players 58,973

Reality Season Recap: 

SL9: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 4432 players
SL8: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 4070 players
SL7: 5 brackets-Last Flip with 3220 players 

SL 7-9 Total Players 61,722

Comments

• The rockett
    Options
    SL9-2nd flip I think 
    1st. 27204
    2nd. 23657
    3rd. 23507
    4th. 23329
    5th.  23261
  • The rockett
    Options
    Last SL8 Bracket
    2221 Players (up 489 vs last season)

1st. 12084
    2nd. 11666
    3rd. 10355
    4th. 10049
    5th. 9434
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My SL8 Bracket (2nd flip I guess)
    1. 24497
    2. 24032
    3. 23314
    4. 23017
    5. 22881
  • The rockett
    Options
    Last SL7 Bracket
    2816 Players (down 4338 vs last season and also lost this bracket flip)

1st. 8060
    2nd. 8027
    3rd. 6432
    4th. 6154
    5th. 5502
  • The rockett
    Options
    Last SL9 Bracket
    4457 Players (up 605 vs last season)

1st. 22620
    2nd. 18671
    3rd. 15669
    4th. 14449
    5th. 14129
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options

Here are the recaps I did from the previous Reality, Soul and Mind Season which can be found here

This will be the 2nd season for the Win/Point hybrid based season and the first post Gambit nerf. It will be very interesting to see what the final scores were and how many player we had in SL7/8/9.  To make this simple going forward, the only thing we are looking for the following information.

SL season level:

EXAMPLE:

SL 9-2nd flip I think

Once the season is over, if you can please post your season bracket info, that would be much appreciated.  If you want to send it to me on LINE, you can do that as well.  I will update this once all the data is received.  Thanks for your help.

Space Season Recap:

-3244 from Mind Season

-4479 from Soul Season

Mind Season Recap:

-1235 from Soul Season

Soul Season Recap:

Reality Season Recap: 

Not sure how much insight can be gained from the latest set of data other than a decrease in high level players. Since this count was started, we've gone from 61722 down to 54494, which is nearly a 12% decrease. That's probably pretty normal for a game of this age. We're winding down at a leisurely pace. 

It does look like people wised up and determined that not ranking highly in cl9 is preferable to not ranking highly in cl7 due to the progression rewards (I'm assuming). Likely most people don't even think about season when they lock in to a cl in the first event. 

What would be interesting to know is the state of the lower cl's of course. Are those ranks swelling or subsiding? Because I would assume that the developers are aware of the apathy at the highest tiers of the game, and the 12% participation loss and are writing it off, or have no idea how to fix it so they are focused elsewhere. 

What recent changes other than some 4*->5* feeders really benefit those top ranks? Win-based isn't it. Supports certainly aren't. But these things are all helpful (assumedly) to the newer players and so it's hard to say what the state of the state is at the moment without that info. 

That said, growth in the lower tiers should eventually spread and those people should start coming into cl7. If that doesn't happen in the next couple of seasons? Back to the drawing board. 

DISCLAIMER : I don't believe that this has anything to do with any other Marvel based properties. I think it's due to a stale game state with no variety. LR's are mind numbing. PVE's cycle is getting tedious without 7-days and Heroics, and the only fun thing about PvP for me is 4* PvP and we've already heard that the devs are not big fans since there's decreased engagement at lower tiers which is what they really care about. When people can't bring themselves to complete DDQ once a day it's a serious apathy problem that needs to be addressed with more than window dressing. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:

SL season level:

EXAMPLE:

SL 9-2nd flip I think

Space Season Recap:

-3244 from Mind Season

-4479 from Soul Season

Mind Season Recap:

-1235 from Soul Season

Soul Season Recap:

Reality Season Recap: 

Not sure how much insight can be gained from the latest set of data other than a decrease in high level players. Since this count was started, we've gone from 61722 down to 54494, which is nearly a 12% decrease. That's probably pretty normal for a game of this age. We're winding down at a leisurely pace. 

It does look like people wised up and determined that not ranking highly in cl9 is preferable to not ranking highly in cl7 due to the progression rewards (I'm assuming). Likely most people don't even think about season when they lock in to a cl in the first event. 

What would be interesting to know is the state of the lower cl's of course. Are those ranks swelling or subsiding? Because I would assume that the developers are aware of the apathy at the highest tiers of the game, and the 12% participation loss and are writing it off, or have no idea how to fix it so they are focused elsewhere. 

What recent changes other than some 4*->5* feeders really benefit those top ranks? Win-based isn't it. Supports certainly aren't. But these things are all helpful (assumedly) to the newer players and so it's hard to say what the state of the state is at the moment without that info. 

That said, growth in the lower tiers should eventually spread and those people should start coming into cl7. If that doesn't happen in the next couple of seasons? Back to the drawing board. 

DISCLAIMER : I don't believe that this has anything to do with any other Marvel based properties. I think it's due to a stale game state with no variety. LR's are mind numbing. PVE's cycle is getting tedious without 7-days and Heroics, and the only fun thing about PvP for me is 4* PvP and we've already heard that the devs are not big fans since there's decreased engagement at lower tiers which is what they really care about. When people can't bring themselves to complete DDQ once a day it's a serious apathy problem that needs to be addressed with more than window dressing. 
    Am I reading something wrong then? It looks to me that there has been a steady increase in players for scl 7-9 with rockets numbers.

Edit: Nevermind I see it now.
  • The rockett
    edited August 2018
    Options

We also lost a SL7 bracket here as well, which was a bit shocking to me.  What has to be remembered here is that you get locked out of SL1-6 at rank 56.  So the lose of SL7 is concerning because that means new players are not moving up.

Edit- corrected the rank lock out.  Thanks @daiches

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We also lost a SL7 bracket here as well, which was a bit shocking to me.  What has to be remembered here is that you get locked out of SL1-6 at rank 56.  So the lose of SL7 is concerning because that means new players are not moving up.

We may be losing higher CL players, but are we actually losing spenders?
    Only devs know if overall spending is up or down, and with the way things have been moving lately, they don't seem to mind losing higher CL players.

Make of that what you will.
  • ZeroKarma
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Only devs know if overall spending is up or down, and with the way things have been moving lately, they don't seem to mind losing higher CL players.

Well, spending has the consequence of generating experience, which would move you up in cl. So eventually, increased spending will generate higher level players. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you anymore how long it takes to get to cl7 anymore. Do you need champed 5's? I don't think so. Is it 4-start transitioning players? 

Also, how long will it take to see those players make the move into the higher tiers? 3 months is apparently not long enough. 6 months? 1 year? 

Anyone in the forums that has this experience? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SCL 7 took me probably 4 months of daily playing. 

So, the number of players are decreasing.

Probably, some of them headed over to Marvel Strike Force or other new Marvel games. I noticed a couple of new Marvel games out recently. 
  • The rockett
    Options
    SCL 7 took me probably 4 months of daily playing. 

So, the number of players are decreasing.

Probably, some of them headed over to Marvel Strike Force or other new Marvel games. I noticed a couple of new Marvel games out recently. 
    Thanks for this info.  I wonder if the lock out is too low at this point to not discourage players.  We will not know this since we don’t have eyes in those brackets and impossible to track. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 590 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SCL 9 (5000 players)

1. 28886
    2. 25423
    3. 23447
    4. 23350
    5. 22934
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:
    Bowgentle said:

Well, spending has the consequence of generating experience, which would move you up in cl. So eventually, increased spending will generate higher level players. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you anymore how long it takes to get to cl7 anymore. Do you need champed 5's? I don't think so. Is it 4-start transitioning players? 

Also, how long will it take to see those players make the move into the higher tiers? 3 months is apparently not long enough. 6 months? 1 year? 

After 6 weeks of playing, I reached rank 48 and qualified for SCL 7 but I didn't play it because I didn't think my roster was strong enough.  I had 7 x 3*Champs at the time.  Then when I started playing it after 9 weeks, I discovered that the max enemy level was much lower than advertised, so I regretted not playing it earlier because I missed out on 4* progression rewards. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    Bowgentle said:

After 6 weeks of playing, I reached rank 48 and qualified for SCL 7 but I didn't play it because I didn't think my roster was strong enough.  I had 7 x 3*Champs at the time.  Then when I started playing it after 9 weeks, I discovered that the max enemy level was much lower than advertised, so I regretted not playing it earlier because I missed out on 4* progression rewards. 
    We're talking PVP here.
  • ZeroKarma
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    bbigler said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    Bowgentle said:

We're talking PVP here.

Technically, aside from the rewards there won't be any difference in the experience of a player in cl4 to cl9 in PvP. It's all a matter of how well you place since the teams aren't going to be any different. 

Now, since progression gets you a 3*, 4* and a bunch of CP and win-based PvP means that is achievable if you put in enough time, I would think people would try to get into those cl's ASAP. 

What's the difference in progression rewards for cl6 versus cl7 or cl9 for that matter? Is it worth fighting for placement in a lower cl versus stepping up and focusing on progression? 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SL7 - 2nd last flip (I think that's the 3rd bracket in Rocketts list. I joined with 10 days to go in season thinking it would be last flip but apparently not since Rockett posted numbers from last flip and they aren't mine).

1. 17089
    2. 13481
    3. 13139
    4. 11719
    5. 10755

A special shout out to the winner of this bracket (who I can't name obviously) because they got their 3rd infinity stone (I peeked at their roster+supports). One stone is from a CL9 season win (L4) and the other stone is from a different CL7 season win (L2) and now another CL7 win. Clearly someone trying to complete an infinity gauntlet :)

KGB
  • bbigler
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    bbigler said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    Bowgentle said:

We're talking PVP here.
    Well, if you're talking PVP, then I started SCL 7 PVP after 6 weeks
  • bbigler
    Options
    KGB said:

A special shout out to the winner of this bracket (who I can't name obviously) because they got their 3rd infinity stone (I peeked at their roster+supports). One stone is from a CL9 season win (L4) and the other stone is from a different CL7 season win (L2) and now another CL7 win. Clearly someone trying to complete an infinity gauntlet :)
    It's probably just an old man obsessed with his rock collection
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Scl7. Top score 27,197