Across Ravnica

Options
FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
So what's going to happen to Across Ixalan when Ixalan shifts to legacy?  ToTP already does Dominaria packs...are we going to see an Across Ravnica?

Bringing this topic up preemptively so we hopefully it'll get to the developers attention and they'll have something ready when Ravnica hits, so we won't see months of Across Ixalan when Ixalan is legacy or even worse...they just remove the event entirely without replacement.

Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Guilds of Ravnica

Daily event choosing one color, 4 nodes, each node represents a guild with a special node giving special powers based on the theme of that guild. So on GoA: White, you have to use white walkers, and the nodes represent Orzhov, Azorius, Selesnya, and Boros.

Not sure how you'd implement an all-colors day.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Then why not have five nodes one for each guild? I know there are ten, so I suppose two events...
    Or even juicier... Guild alliances depicted in triple colored nodes... 😋
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A new daily with each day a 2 colour node the first 5 guilds in GoR then the other 5 when RA hits
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea for them to lock colors used rather than just PW color.  In other words, if you were playing the Boros event for the day, you could use any PW with white or red.  However, you could only play white, red, and colorless cards.  You couldn't play any blue, green, or black even if you were using a PW with those affiliations.   (IE, NB1 could be used but would effectively be a mono-red walker for the event)

They already do this somewhat in the Dominaria Journey events.  They also already do it with Karn.  They should just expand it to other dual/tri colored PWs.  

This would both make playing the actual guild more attractive (get both colors) and make mono-walkers more competitive.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With a miriad of multicolored cards probably opening tons of opportunities doesn't sound so restrictive actually. Love the idea. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Then why not have five nodes one for each guild? I know there are ten, so I suppose two events...
    Or even juicier... Guild alliances depicted in triple colored nodes... 😋
    Only 5 guilds in Guilds of Ravnica, the other 5 will be in the following set. So 5 nodes would make sense.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    I think it would be a good idea for them to lock colors used rather than just PW color.  In other words, if you were playing the Boros event for the day, you could use any PW with white or red.  However, you could only play white, red, and colorless cards.  You couldn't play any blue, green, or black even if you were using a PW with those affiliations.   (IE, NB1 could be used but would effectively be a mono-red walker for the event)

They already do this somewhat in the Dominaria Journey events.  They also already do it with Karn.  They should just expand it to other dual/tri colored PWs.  

This would both make playing the actual guild more attractive (get both colors) and make mono-walkers more competitive.
    Splendid idea. They could do a firesale on deckslots to make it even better  :)

The only downside I see is that you would either need to build decks each day unless you have mono PWs for them with decks for the event ready.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    babar3355 said:

Splendid idea. They could do a firesale on deckslots to make it even better  :)

The only downside I see is that you would either need to build decks each day unless you have mono PWs for them with decks for the event ready.
    Even mono color planeswalkers wouldn't nessicarrily be okay in this suggestion. If I'm running (as an example) Poison Tip Archer in my Nissa deck, and want to register her on the Selesnya node, I still couldn't use that card under this suggestion because it's black as well as green.

That said, I do like this idea of restricting cards to only cards that fit in the color identity of the node.