13»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    Dormammu said:
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    Please tell me that was a joke. I have difficulty gleaning humor from print.
    Try it.  I lived in 4* land with this team for months.  It's almost impossible to die with this team.  They ain't fast, but damn if they ain't resilient.
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    The enemy team has a bunch of strike tiles, and you want to give them attack tiles, too?
    And it pretty much full heals every time one of them is matched (Medusa + Mr.F both heal on special tile match).  The secret to the team is to NOT use the standard load-outs on most of the chars.
    Carnage should be 5-5-3. Medusa at 5-4-4 (Maximize her healing, be able to steal all special tiles), and Mr. F at 5-5-3 (max his stun, protects, and heal).

Except both are burst healers, so they do nothing to conserve health packs.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    abmoraz said:
    Dormammu said:
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    Try it.  I lived in 4* land with this team for months.  It's almost impossible to die with this team.  They ain't fast, but damn if they ain't resilient.
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    The enemy team has a bunch of strike tiles, and you want to give them attack tiles, too?
    And it pretty much full heals every time one of them is matched (Medusa + Mr.F both heal on special tile match).  The secret to the team is to NOT use the standard load-outs on most of the chars.
    Carnage should be 5-5-3. Medusa at 5-4-4 (Maximize her healing, be able to steal all special tiles), and Mr. F at 5-5-3 (max his stun, protects, and heal).

So you'll take a bit of damage at the start of the match.  Once you get going, all the damage will be within the burst heal zone, so you should be able to survive many matches without healing back up to full.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Drax
    XFDP
    Grocket
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Medusa/Gamora/Thing (or substitute Iceman for Gamora if you like).  Take one hit, immediately neutralize Grocket's boosted strikes, then focus on stunning and killing Medusa, win.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find it funny that the vast majority of the counter strategies require you to have 1 or 2 of the characters you are trying to beat. 

Wasn't mirror matching as a counter a big no no in most players eyes? I thought the general feeling was if a match needs you to mirror then that character is not balanced and needs changed.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    I find it funny that the vast majority of the counter strategies require you to have 1 or 2 of the characters you are trying to beat. 

Wasn't mirror matching as a counter a big no no in most players eyes? I thought the general feeling was if a match needs you to mirror then that character is not balanced and needs changed.

I think the reason for that in this case, is Medusa , Gamora and Grocket were really easy to get at a point in time, so a lot of people have them. Thing, Iceman and other old school 4*s at a point you couldnt get any of them. 

Medusa is also very good in certain situations, she doesnt need a nerf or anything she is fine as she is. Technically she just an indirect nerf with the fortified tile change.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    It was already mentioned once in this thread, but my go-to anti Grockamoradusa team is:

C4rol
    3*Hulk
    Dak3n

They're so fast and effective that I go looking for Grockamoradusa teams and am almost disappointed when I can't find any more when climbing in Simulator.

The best case scenario is making a green match on the first turn, which will put Hulk in front and Daken will drop two strikes for Carol to buff when your hulk gets hit. After the first turn, Hulk will be taking multiple hits each time the enemy makes a match, so his black passive will fire multiple times, spamming the board with green tiles; Daken puts more strikes on the board for each green match; Carol keeps buffing, etc.

You will want Hulk to take every hit, so you'll only need one health pack after a match. I typically target Gamora first because her blue poses the greatest threat to the success of this method.

Seriously, try them out. Unfortunately, they're abysmal on defense, because Grockamoradusa teams can counter by targeting Carol and Daken before Hulk. Thankfully, however, these three are crazy fast on offense.

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    It was already mentioned once in this thread, but my go-to anti Grockamoradusa team is:

C4rol
    3*Hulk
    Dak3n

They're so fast and effective that I go looking for Grockamoradusa teams and am almost disappointed when I can't find any more when climbing in Simulator.

The best case scenario is making a green match on the first turn, which will put Hulk in front and Daken will drop two strikes for Carol to buff when your hulk gets hit. After the first turn, Hulk will be taking multiple hits each time the enemy makes a match, so his black passive will fire multiple times, spamming the board with green tiles; Daken puts more strikes on the board for each green match; Carol keeps buffing, etc.

You will want Hulk to take every hit, so you'll only need one health pack after a match. I typically target Gamora first because her blue poses the greatest threat to the success of this method.

Seriously, try them out. Unfortunately, they're abysmal on defense, because Grockamoradusa teams can counter by targeting Carol and Daken before Hulk. Thankfully, however, these three are crazy fast on offense.

ooooh....

OOOOOOH........

As I don't have XFDP, Thing or some of the others yet, this might work nicely.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

Most counter teams have only one of the big three. I rank Grocket and Medusa as top 5 characters in the tier and Gamora top 15. Obviously when trying to construct a counter team to THE undisputed best 4* team, you are going to use at least one (if not more) top tier characters to beat it. 

And having one character the same is not at all a mirror match. The most used character is Grocket who is usually paired with Carol and a CD spammer (Deadpool, Hulk, Red Hulk, etc). In this instance, the tile buffing strategy being employed is vastly different from how Grocket is being used on the Meta team. 

The second most most used is Medusa. The idea being you use the opponents strikes to fuel your own AP gen which is again different than how the opponent is using Medusa (to heal and tack on passive damage to Grocket’s strikes).  Hardly a “mirror match”. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    abmoraz said:
    Dormammu said:
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.

And?  as long as they aren't dead, they don't need to be full.  I've done entire Simulators in a single day with just the base 10 health packs with that team back when I was in 4* land.  Even with burst healing, they are still nearly impossible to kill.  You almost have to try and lose by firing off Carnage's red before getting 10AP, refusing to use Mr.F's blue (that Medusa has so graciously farmed the AP for).  They take 1, maybe 2, RARELY 3 hits before you (or the enemy) has started matching your own tiles and burst healing you up to the point where any damage you are taking is going against the temporary Hit Points and not the core Hit Points.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogue.  Make sure she is up front and she will reduce the damage down to a level that can be managed.  You can also use Kraven to weaken those tiles pretty fast or use someone who can steal them for you.  Always focus on taking out Medusa first of course.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Warbringa said:
    Rogue.  Make sure she is up front and she will reduce the damage down to a level that can be managed.  You can also use Kraven to weaken those tiles pretty fast or use someone who can steal them for you.  Always focus on taking out Medusa first of course.
    Rogue’s not necessarily a good choice here. Her passive doesn’t work on attack tile damage (though it may work on medusa’s cd) so she can end up getting quite badly beaten up before you can get rid of enough strikes. You may even be better off bringing Kraven (which is not something I ever expected to type) his effect is more predictable here. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    I know it's venturing up into 4/5-star land but I've been using Okoye (my only 5* champion) with 4* Deadpool and Drax. I hit Gamora first (to remove the possibility of being stunned from a lucky cascade) then Medusa, leaving Rabbit for last as he's the smallest threat. (That's not a size-joke. Okay, maybe it is.) ;)

If you can grab Team-Up AP on your first and/or second most matches won't last more than a couple of turns, and if they do run longer (on account of Medusa's heals) it just gives you the chance to get some Yellow AP to heal Okoye, and that's a true heal, to boot.

But before I championed Okoye, I actively hunted Gamorphadusa teams with my RHulk Bomb team. Just make sure Red Hulk tanks and most matches are over within 2-3 turns. I even won some matches without getting a second turn because the AI would get a "lucky" cascade on its first turn.