I'm out.

13»

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Biggest possible burn out factor for me, besides the five star tier transition being unduly hard, is simply the lack of new content.

Vets can only play the same pves, LRs, BEs, and PvPs so long before they get to a point where the game is more habit than fun. 4 star PvP is good, but it's just a small consession when compared to the mountain of same ole same ole week-in and week-out.

And with the removal of so many pves over the past two years, the overly recycled content quickly becomes apparent to even new players.
    Yea, but the real game is about collecting and leveling your characters. The loot system is the main draw. And the problem vets run into is that aspect gets stale. Your first 4* champ is exciting. Your 60th is not. Maybe my first 5* support will be exciting, but that side of the game is so money gated right now I don't see it happening.

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:
    Biggest possible burn out factor for me, besides the five star tier transition being unduly hard, is simply the lack of new content.

Vets can only play the same pves, LRs, BEs, and PvPs so long before they get to a point where the game is more habit than fun. 4 star PvP is good, but it's just a small consession when compared to the mountain of same ole same ole week-in and week-out.

And with the removal of so many pves over the past two years, the overly recycled content quickly becomes apparent to even new players.
    Yea, but the real game is about collecting and leveling your characters. The loot system is the main draw. And the problem vets run into is that aspect gets stale. Your first 4* champ is exciting. Your 60th is not. Maybe my first 5* support will be exciting, but that side of the game is so money gated right now I don't see it happening.

Not that I disagree completely, but with so many characters, even that has no real appeal once you realize that collecting characters is just spitting in the wind past the 2 star tier.

Don't see the loot system as a draw either when tokens don't match your in-game status. 

And yeah, supports are just a joke and non-factor entirely no matter your level of gameplay.

• Straycat
    smkspy said:
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:

Not that I disagree completely, but with so many characters, even that has no real appeal once you realize that collecting characters is just spitting in the wind past the 2 star tier.

Don't see the loot system as a draw either when tokens don't match your in-game status. 

And yeah, supports are just a joke and non-factor entirely no matter your level of gameplay.

You played this long, what kept you in? For me it was definitely the collecting. It’s just a little more fun when you discover a 1/1/5 3* Luke Cage can punch so much harder than your 2*s, and your 0/5/1 winter soldier can kick butt better than your 3*s.
    Long term burnout is inevitable for all “games as service”. So the long term incentives (characters, supports) do more than the short term (new pve)
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    smkspy said:
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:

Not that I disagree completely, but with so many characters, even that has no real appeal once you realize that collecting characters is just spitting in the wind past the 2 star tier.#1

Don't see the loot system as a draw either when tokens don't match your in-game status.#2

So I agree with @Straycat but you have good points.

#1 I'd just say it's past the 3* tier. 2* and 3*s both come plenty fast...

#2 I don't understand your point, sorry...? I'm mid-4* tier so maybe I'm not where it would make sense, perhaps.

Supports don't need my commentary, as a relative newcomer (just 2-years or so into it, lol...).

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    @Straycat,

Champing helped and vaulting help, which made me able to compete, but having new content for a movie here and there really kept my interests. Not having a true IW pve is just sad.

@Yepyep,

Yeah, I'll amend my state that hitting the 3* tier is still do able. My second point, I'm completely past the 4 🌟 tier and firmly into the 5 🌟 tier, yet I still get 10 standard tokens every pve sub. Everyone one of those should Elite tokens. Least they can do to keep vets when the 4-5 transition is based on lottery.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    My thought is that there needs to be way more beyond just PVP, PVE and the occasional Boss Event.  I know that Marvel Strike Force isn't everyone's cup of tea but they have at least four different ways to play going on at once and sometimes there are seven at the same time.  There just needs to be more variety but it seems to work for MPQ that they just have the two and sometimes a third way to play.
  • Straycat
    My thought is that there needs to be way more beyond just PVP, PVE and the occasional Boss Event.  I know that Marvel Strike Force isn't everyone's cup of tea but they have at least four different ways to play going on at once and sometimes there are seven at the same time.  There just needs to be more variety but it seems to work for MPQ that they just have the two and sometimes a third way to play.
    Yes and no. More game modes means more grinding. It works in strike force because of its energy system. You spend your energy and you have to close the game. In MPQ, we play until we reach max rewards, even if we don't want to. We just can't leave rewards on the table.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    they really need to make a classic legends token. let's be honest, if you're chasing the newest 5*, you're probably not opening classics anymore. 
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    I see a lot of people complaining about how hard it is to progress in 5* land and they are right. I've come to the point that I don't care. I don't care if I get more 5* covers, I don't care if I ever finish any of them with a 13th cover and I don't care if I ever champ any of them any more. Because there isn't anything I want to do with them anymore. I'm done with Dark Avengers, I'm done with PvE, I don't care about DDQ and I only barely enjoy PvP. We are at a point that we should get a classic legend token every time we max champ a 2* but the rewards are the same mediocre trash we've been getting since inception but I don't care. At least give us a **** gauntlet or something.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    **As this thread has deviated from the OP's retirement, I'm going to go ahead and close it. If you'd like to discuss aspects of the game you like and/or dislike, feel free to start a thread about it if one does not already exist.**
This discussion has been closed.