4* DDQ: Friends from Work! Raging Fire vs Smouldering Fire aka Puny God 2.0

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
@Steel_Colt, do help to come up with a more creative title for this.

lv286 3/5/5 Hulk saw off GladiaThor with minimum fuss. Forgot to add the crit boosts, but ended up not needing them. Denied Green, Red, and Yellow whenever I could, while focussing on Purple. Thor managed to get an Asgardian Tactics off, but Hulk laughed and Powerbombed Thor from Sakaar to Asgard. The main strategy is to try and whittle down Thor’s health and then Powerbomb him once or twice, so that his passive never triggers.

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5, 195 here. I took two blue/purple AP in with me to get my purple faster. I needn't have worried; the board was loaded with it. His match damage took me down maybe 40% of my health by the time I double gamma bombed him to bits.

I pulled a Spider Gwen red with the token, which I had to save as she already has 5 of those. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    3/5/2, lv 130. Win on 3rd try with +100% damage for MEH Hulk, +2 Blue and Purple AP, +30% Green and Black Damage. I manage to damage Thor till he is around 10500++ damage before I manage to obtain 14 AP to fire Gamma Bomb which surprisingly OHKO him due to all of the 5 critical tiles created making matches( I not sure whether do the any of the 5 critical tiles matches created anymore critical tiles). (at lv 130, Gamma bomb base damage is 5188).

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3 Lvl285. I used +2 purple AP, because why not. Played super carelessly the first time, and just barely lost. Focused better the second time, and Powerbombed him through the floor.

Token was a Saved Kate Bishop black.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    5/5/3 lvl 278, got it on the first try without any boosts. My gladiathor only has a 1/0/2 build, so I don't know his deal all that well, I just know he is a problem at half health. I just waited till I had enough purple and yellow to fire each off once (gamma powerbomb first). It was close, i got there with just under 1k health, but the LT got me a red Drax (1/2/5). I'm very curious how do-able this one is with an under-covered Main Event. Seems like Gamma Powerbomb is the key, because you don't want to be hanging around with a low-hp Thor for too long nibbling.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gamma Powerbomb for the win. Quite literally. Token to the hoard.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Suprising my L290 3/5/5 lost his first match.  I got both his yellow and purple off and had Cap down to ~500 HP.  I wasn't blocking or even paying attention to Thor's AP and he got red and green back to back in one turn and knocked me out.

Rematch went much better.  I got his purple off and it triggered a cascade that killed him pretty early.

+1 to hoard bring my hoard for when LumberCap leaves to 129 pulls.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not rename it "Friends From Work?"
    I like this. I also like Ragnarok Rematch!

Anyway, 1 Powerbomb did the trick. Token to the hoard.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    @BlackBoltRocks
    Why not rename it "Friends From Work?"

Ah yeah, that totally slipped my mind haha
    I was also playing with something like this is my mind. Also maybe something with puny God, as the scene where Thor got smacked around and Loki got all excited with "Now you know what it feels like!" really got a chuckle out of me.

About the match itself, my Hulk was fully covered but still at level 70. But the cover configuration was the worst possible. Only three covers in Powerbomb. 
    Leveled Hulk to 150 first, to keep some Iso in reserve for other characters that might need levels soon. Got close a few times, but in the end I just needed the Grandmaster with his shock collar remote to bail me out. But alas, he didn't, so the big, green, raging fire machine got pummeled. 

Checked the HfH store and saw that Bucky is next, who I have champed and is therefor in no need of Iso. Decided to harvest one of my two star crops and champed Hulk. Respec'd to 3/5/5 and powerbombed the short-haired Gladiator into oblivion. Take that Grandmaster, I don't need your help after all!

Token to the hoard. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/5/3 lvl 188. Took me one try to realize one fast powerbomb only made things worse. Next try was much easier, by the time I saved up for two, one did the trick.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    @BlackBoltRocks Title suggestion.
    4* DDQ: Friends from Work: Raging Fire vs Puny God 2.0!
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    1/4/3 Lvl 125. +2 Blue and Purple AP, +100% Match Damage, +50% Green and Black Damage
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    My 3/5/5 lvl 283 MEH won on his first try, but it was an ugly fight. I tried focusing on purple and yellow, but I didn't get my last 3 purple until I'd been beaten down from 19k HP to 6k, and that was with a few rounds of The Crowd Goes Wild shoring up my health. Still, once I Powerbombed, it was all over.

Token got me a LumberCap (yay) purple cover (ehhh), which was the seventh for my 1/5/2 (tinykitty!).
  • WebTangler
    WebTangler Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    L292 MEHulk, 4/5/4.  Bruce had a few issues with this one:  the board was light on purple for most of the match, and my best hope had been to get the Gamma Powerbomb up before Thor went to half-health and turned into the real black hole of AP generation.  As it was, not only was he starting on the destroy/fire/death cycle before I hit the crucial number, but I had Grand Entrance do its usual amount of destructive work to some early chances.  If it wasn't for getting a little health back from the crowd, I would have lost:  MEHulk was under 25% of his health when the Powerbomb finally went off.

Token to the micro-hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    L273 MEHulk - it took me 2 attempts, as the first Powerbomb didnt do enough damage to take him out and then Thor started firing all the powers.

LT was an Okoye yellow. Cool cool cool.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Third try for my 4/3/4 Hulk. On the first try he was level 152, and I managed to get Thor down to 656 before he killed me.

On my second try, I boosted to 188. I got slaughtered - I barely got him under 10k. When the enemy Thor has 13 green, 10 red, and 9 yellow on the start of turn three, you know it's not going to be a good time.

Third try I managed to do the deed! I was a bit confused by Hulk's yellow - it kept dealing different amounts of damage (instead of the 360 the description says), so not sure what happened there. My reward was a purple LumberCap, bringing him up to a 1/1/3. Not bad!
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    My 290 MEH got smacked the eff down in round 1.Thor got that smoldering fire going and got the tile lodged in a corner and had a gang of untouchable protects.

Next round he wasn’t so lucky as I only denied yellow and smoked him with 11k hit points left.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 level 286 with 4* Lucky support at 168 for additional 1.0 crit multiplier.

Just went after purples and powerbombed him into the ground.

Token to the hoard
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I leveled my 4/4/3 Hulk to 150 for my first try and got slaughtered.

So I upped him to 180 for the 2nd try and got about 2/3 of the way there before being killed.

Finally I leveled him to 209 (magic number for Shield Training) and this time we were evening matched health wise. I got 14 purple early but held off Gamma Bomb (4 crits) because I didn't want Thor at less than half health. Denied Red/Green as best I could and got to mid 20's on purple before he had me below 3K health and he was still at 8k or so. Let loose the Gamma Bomb and got a nice cascade giving me enough purple for a 2nd cast and down went Thor.

Token to the hoard.

KGB