Level 456 Loki in a week. How??

CaptainPunchy
CaptainPunchy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
In PvP today I ran across a player with a 456 Loki (Hit Skip before I thought to SS it).

Is this even possible? I know the strategy for getting a new 5* championed, but that requires a lot of luck, CP, and its "Favorite" being unlocked. But to do this, assuming they were lucky enough to get a 10% draw rate in the feeder vault, would require at least:
25*10*19 = 4750 CP, provided they have at least 3 in any color. Favorites wouldn't help here.

Or is there some other method I'm missing here? I'm open to any new strategies.

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Easily possible.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mines 452. I spent 7200 CP. I really went after Thor and B.B. Loki was a bonus, so quite easily people have a bigger one, I’m not a spender past the $2 deal.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEH was a feeder.  Some have 1 at 370 and another at 300.  That is 8 covers.  So you only needed to get 11 more from his store.  Total possible. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    All you need is patience and luck. With a developed roster and a degree of interest you can earn cp (and hp and iso) pretty fast. Day 1 of the boss event and Loki vault I dumped my hoard down to 1cp. At the moment I have 371 cp as a VIP, no buy clubs. Someone who wasn't too excited by wasp or lumbercap probably has been saving a while. 
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I think between ABBA (circa 1976) and Matt Paxton you will find your answers :wink:
  • CaptainPunchy
    CaptainPunchy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Tony_Foot said:
    Mines 452. I spent 7200 CP. I really went after Thor and B.B. Loki was a bonus, so quite easily people have a bigger one, I’m not a spender past the $2 deal.
    Thanks for the info. I guess my next big question is how did you manage to accumulate so much? Seems like it takes forever for me to gather 500.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen rosters with 2 or 3 max level MEH. that is 24 covers right there. Its not impossible
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Tony_Foot said:
    Thanks for the info. I guess my next big question is how did you manage to accumulate so much? Seems like it takes forever for me to gather 500.
    Between PvP and Story events, you should be able to manage ~200cp /wk without buying if you have a completed roster (and can hit 1200 in your PvP brackets). Between rewards and champion levels, getting a solid hoarding going is do-able if you can resist the urge to splurge.

My quick mathing: 3 x PvP = 75cp and 2 x PvE (CL9) = 115cp

EDIT: Gah! Left out the DDQ. 14cp/wk
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    if you play to progression in PVE and to 16 wins/575 points in PVP events it doesn't take as long as feels.

Assuming SCL7 play, and assuming every event is a 3- or 4-day event (as has been the case for the last little while), your weekly take should look like:

14-21 CP from node rewards (depending on whether you have the 5e)
    60 CP from progression
    20 CP from PVP
    14 CP from DDQ

That's 105-116 CP, and that ignores champion rewards; intercepts; alliance rewards from spending; potential placement rewards (which you may not be earning, but which Tony may well be); the extra 7-14 CP/week from playing at SCL8 (7 CP) or SCL9 (14 CP); or the 15 CP from 75 wins/1200 points in PVP.

An SCL8/9 player at full progression in both modes would be hauling in another 37-44 CP/week. 145-156 CP/week just from play without any of the indirect sources of CP. 500 CP, if you have the patience - and I don't - is probably attainable every 3 weeks or so. Maybe faster, depending on how often you hit placement in PVE subs/events and PVP events, how spendy your alliance is, if your intercepts are active, and if you have a broad swath of champions delivering rewards.

7200 CP is a daunting number, but is probably only about 6 months' or so worth of hoarding.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    456 isn't all that high.  19 covers total.
    If odds were perfect and fair you'd get a Loki every 21st cover.
    With saved covers 6 is more than enough to account for any bad streaks of same cover.
    19 covers at fair distribution would be 399 pulls or 9975.  A high number to be sure but people hoard that much and technically smaller than the 400 guideline for pulling from a 3 cover pool without swaps.

Add to that the fact that Loki got a feeder today, this could subtract the number of covers needed for 456 by as much as 6 (well technically infinite based on how many 470 MEH Hulks the play had, but let's assume 1 max champ is the cap).
    So if it were only 13 covers needed from the pool that would drop it to 273 (under the 300 old rule of thumb for Latest) or 6825 CP.  

Add to this the fact that their luck could have been much higher than standard distribution and they could have had Loki as a BH and it could drop much lower than that.

So all this looks like to me is a player who had been hoarding for a while deciding (s)he really wanted Loki (or Thor or BB or any combo) and busting their hoard wide open).

I've seen people get 500+ in the first week, those are harder to believe, but I know the mega-whales exist so I've stopped questioning anything strange I see in someone's roster at this point....  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just *so much hoarding*

Pretty sure Dormammu on this board got 13 Okoye covers in her special vault when she hit.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Add to this the fact that their luck could have been much higher than standard distribution and they could have had Loki as a BH and it could drop much lower than that.
    Can't BH him until he hits Tokens in a couple of weeks. All the other factors you mentioned are more than sufficient to explain it, tho.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually waited until she hit latest legends. I was hoarding for Jessica. But the day Okoye hit LL I champed her, Jessica, and got Lumbercap to 12 covers all on about 160 pulls.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Can't BH him until he hits Tokens in a couple of weeks. All the other factors you mentioned are more than sufficient to explain it, tho.
    Good call. I forgot I never chase new characters that quick. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw a 472 Loki out there in PvP land.  Advanced rosters with patient players can make it happen. 
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    spend money, get CP
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Tony_Foot said:
    How do you save so many CP? I play regularly (to 10CP in PVP and Progression in PVE) and It takes me a month to save up 1000CP. What is the secret?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    tchipley said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    How do you save so many CP? I play regularly (to 10CP in PVP and Progression in PVE) and It takes me a month to save up 1000CP. What is the secret?
    Six months of exactly that.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    tchipley said:
    Tony_Foot said:

A better roster than yours.

Champ rewards for 4s ramp up enormously past 330.