New Supports: Mirror Image (8/13/18)

2»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, I going to get called stupid for buying support bundle with 250CP, but I'm having fun. I'm not in a rush to complete everything. 
    Stop having fun and be efficient. Grumble grumble.

On topic I will be interested to see how many of Loki's countdowns can get on the board for his specific perk to play off of. Seems like it could end up feeling like fighting JJ.
  • tiomono
    Getting bored of all these supports being built for one character. Absolutely zero interest in a support for a brand new 5* that wont be fully covered for at least a year. 
    Most of the supports are for a specific character. The 3 non loki specific perks will be perfectly fine on any villain. Nothing color specific or requiring specials of your own or anything. 

Just look at the character specific perk as an extra. I find the supports without a specific character to be lacking. It's one less perk that they could have.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I have a question for Brigby (or anyone with a Sandbox account) about the Rank 3 perk.

"The supported character deals an extra 779 damage to Heroes."

Is that extra damage only apply to powers or does it cover match damage too? Usually it says 'when supported character fires a power, do extra X damage'. So it made me wonder if it means match damage too. If it adds to match damage too that makes this support a whole lot better in my mind.

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I have a question for Brigby (or anyone with a Sandbox account) about the Rank 3 perk.

Is that extra damage only apply to powers or does it cover match damage too? Usually it says 'when supported character fires a power, do extra X damage'. So it made me wonder if it means match damage too. If it adds to match damage too that makes this support a whole lot better in my mind.

KGB

Someone with a Rank 2 Quinjet should theoretically be able to answer this, since it’s worded the same way, but against Dark Avengers. I, sadly, am missing that Support...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    On topic I will be interested to see how many of Loki's countdowns can get on the board for his specific perk to play off of. Seems like it could end up feeling like fighting JJ.
    The synergy perk affects the "Feign Death" trap tile that allows Loki to resurrect after death.  There will only be one of those on the board, even with 5 covers in black.  So if Loki doesn't ever die in the match, the perk does nothing.

If the synergy perk instead applied to matching the Shadowplay countdowns, I agree that it would be crazy.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    bluewolf said:
    KGB said:

KGB

Someone with a Rank 2 Quinjet should theoretically be able to answer this, since it’s worded the same way, but against Dark Avengers. I, sadly, am missing that Support...

Just tested with Howard the Duck with a Quinjet against Yelena.

The match damage of my blue and green matches with Howard did the additional damage (With green doing the additional from the rank 4 AND the additional from the Dark Avenger damage).

This does mean this Support represents a large(*) buff to match damage with two important restrictions:

1) It only works against Heroes. Luckily this is a vast majority of characters.

2) It does not factor into who is making the match similar to Americas Red. In other words, if another character on the team has 1 point more match damage that character will make the match (if they are still alive) rather than whoever has the support even though the support wielder would do more total damage. They need to have highest match damage before the "Damage to _____" buff in order to make the match and get the bonus.

@Brigby
    Since I answered a question directed towards you maybe you can answer one for me :D

When will the standard support tokens be updated. No one since the Children of Thanos have been added. I have been saving my tokens hoping for a chance to pull a 3* Talon Fighter. I would now also love a chance to pull a 3* version of this support. I do not expect exact dates (especially for this brand new support) but some confirmation that supports will regularly make their way into regular tokens like 4*s do would be awesome.

(*)
    EDIT:
    I originally said largest here but realized that is not correct. While 779 is bigger than what we see on Wasp Gauntlets (398) the 779 is added only once per tile match. A match of 3 blue with the Gauntlets would add 398 to EACH tile so it would be a bigger buff. Obviously the Mirror Image offers a bigger total buff if you make multiple matches of different colors as the gauntlets only buff blue and the gauntlets have no impact on powers but saying it was the largest match damage buff was incorrect.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall, this support seems pretty weak, especially the low proc rate for the rank 1 perk (at max rank even!) is disappointing. The Loki perk also seems hardly useful.

akboyce said:
    2) It does not factor into who is making the match similar to Americas Red. In other words, if another character on the team has 1 point more match damage that character will make the match (if they are still alive) rather than whoever has the support even though the support wielder would do more total damage. They need to have highest match damage before the "Damage to _____" buff in order to make the match and get the bonus.
    Kinda makes sense, otherwise you could make some character tank EVERYTHING. (Can you say 'Hi Rogue!'? :smiley: )
  • tiomono
    jamesh said:
    tiomono said:
    The synergy perk affects the "Feign Death" trap tile that allows Loki to resurrect after death.  There will only be one of those on the board, even with 5 covers in black.  So if Loki doesn't ever die in the match, the perk does nothing.

If the synergy perk instead applied to matching the Shadowplay countdowns, I agree that it would be crazy.
    Ah. I totally spaced out on that one. That is pretty underwhelming.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    The real issue is how many heroes do you fight in pve? This looks like its shifted more towards when supports are unlocked for pvo
  • bluewolf
    The real issue is how many heroes do you fight in pve? This looks like its shifted more towards when supports are unlocked for pvo
    The Hydra Henchmen support similarly does extra damage to Avengers at Rank 3.  That’s one of the original Supports.  PVP is supposedly coming....not sure if we at least have to wait a couple more months until the Infinity Stones have each had a season.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    jamesh said:
    tiomono said:

Ah. I totally spaced out on that one. That is pretty underwhelming.
    IMO, more of the character-specific perks should be on the underwhelming side. Otherwise the supports really are way too targeted for a single character. Here, you can put it on any villain you want, and if you put it on 5* Loki, you get a little perk. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Please remove the 25 and 50 riso rewards from the vault.  25 riso is barely enough to bring a support to level 3. 
  • bluewolf
    The vaults are so unappealing to me, I wonder if they only exist to make the 4800 HP deal look good. I bought a 10 pack from one of these vaults (the Wasp Gauntlet one) because I really wanted those to help my DD tank blue.  Got nothing Support related from that pack (maybe some small amount of riso).  Then got the Support for free later. 

I know there are no guarantees, but that one purchase may be the one I most wish I could take back.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    bluewolf said:
    The vaults are so unappealing to me, I wonder if they only exist to make the 4800 HP deal look good. I bought a 10 pack from one of these vaults (the Wasp Gauntlet one) because I really wanted those to help my DD tank blue.  Got nothing Support related from that pack (maybe some small amount of riso).  Then got the Support for free later. 

I know there are no guarantees, but that one purchase may be the one I most wish I could take back.
    It may be just my tinykitty rng and being generally broke, but I prefer the vaults to  4800hp for 1 cover plus riso and tokens. That's exorbitant to be given how many 4*s I gain a week vs how much hp I earn.

They've generally given me 2-3 tokens for the one 10pk I am willing to buy though mostly I don't open them,  having pulled too many useless children of Thanos previously. Even if I just get junk it feels like I burned less resources on this gamble.