Dealing with Medusa/Gamora/Rocket

PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
Everyone knows this team... Whether you use them or not.  Most players I talk to rather not deal with using the health packs after fighting them.  Cant blame them.

However, lets say you GOTTA fight them.  You're just a couple wins away from completing your personal goal for that PvP event...  But every node is Grockdusa!

What's your team?  Which three are YOUR go-to for eliminating them?  I'm pretty sure I'm gonna see plenty of people posting something with 5* characters, but I'm actually more curious about 4* and under picks...  You know, fighting them on that 4* tier.

Comments

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    The counter I always hear is:
    Grocket
    Captain Marvel
    Red hulk/xfd

Just make sure rhulk/xfd tanks and the countdowns will kill the other team with ease.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    I forget who originally posted this team on the forums, but I like to go with 4* Carol / 4* Deadpool / 4* Grocket
    Just make sure that you don't make any matches with Deadpool, and target their Medusa first.
    After their first turn, Deadpool should have created at least 2 of his black count downs. Those will deal heavy damage, and Carol will then boost your strikes. It's all easy going from there.  If you can keep the same teammate in front the whole match, they will certainly need a health pack, but the other two will be ready for another round right away.
  • Rio_d
    Rio_d Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Carol, OML and 4* Deadpool shred the team.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFDeadpool/Thing/Carol works pretty well. Keep XFD in back for the first hit, Thing makes a protect tile, XFD makes a countdown, Carol buffs the protect tile... now you're no longer taking match damage.

It's a slower team than Grocket/Carol/Rhulk but you'll use less health packs, because even with that team you'll need to heal Rhulk every 1-2 fights.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to mirror-match it, or replace medusa with 5* Lord who for awhile was my best covered 5* and still my highest unboosted character at 345 (i stopped sinking iso into 5*s some time ago). The general strategy is to do what you can to clear as many strikes from the board in the early turns as you can, get Medusa off the board first, followed pretty quickly by G4mora, and then 4ocket is not that bad to deal with.

But now, mostly because i can, I like to go against that team with:
    Kraven/Medusa/Lockjaw. Again, i'll try and match a few strikes out of the way since Kraven only needs 4 to work with, and there's no reason to eat a full damage match if you don't have to. then after turn 1 the strikes are all neutered down to basically nothing - you just need to watch out for Entanglement. You're better off matching it away so Kraven has something to work with and it won't do full damage. Kraven's black hits hard enough, and medusa's AP gain can help you get it moving a little faster. It's not the fastest option, but who cares if these characters (minus medusa) take some hits?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    As already stated, Red Hulk, Carol, and Rocket & Groot. I always love it when I see them in PvP because it's an easy, quick win and usually ~55 to 65 points (unless you've climbed too early or tapped everything dry.)
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Any team, just kill Medusa first
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Here are a few i used to use;

Vulture (5/3/5) /Thing (5/5/3) /Iceman (5/5/3)

Let Thing tank first hit, he makes protect tiles, then get Vulture in the air. Use first round of Vulture Ap gain to stun Medusa with Iceman, then get Vulture back up and use second round to use his blue to get rid of strike tiles. By this time Iceman should be going off with his green. Thing is mainly used for Protect tiles, but jump his red to 5 to get him stunning as well.

Rogue(5/3/4)/Kraven(5/5/3)/Peggy(3/5/5)

Rogue will tank all red/yellow/green attacks. Peggy Increase AP cost for enemy so you dont have to worry about Gamora's stun. Each Round Kraven will reduce strike tiles and deal damage. Get Power Siphon and Peggy's blue off and use Kraven's black to nuke unstunned enemy, as because Peggy increase AP gain, the enemy team should have more AP for Kraven to exploit.

Lastly;

C&D(5/5/3)/Nova(3/5/5)/HoboFist(5/5/3)

Get C&D generating yellow and healing every round. Generate a ton of yellow AP for Nova to spam. User HoboFist to fortify the CD tiles and generate green which fuels black with you can either use Hobo's black or Nova's. Normally i run Nova as a 3/5/5 and Hobo as a 5/5/3. I mainly use nova's red to put someone in the air for a few turns, like Medusa.

I mean these are just teams i was using (and still do to spice it up) but im using 5 stars now. This team cannot touch Okoye/Drax/XFDP. Just think about that one for a bit.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    Please tell me that was a joke. I have difficulty gleaning humor from print.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Grocket
    Captain Marvel
    Red hulk/xfd

Just make sure rhulk/xfd tanks and the countdowns will kill the other team with ease.
    For the X-Force Deadpool version you want anyone BUT DP to tank. Usually poor Rocket takes it for me.

You can also use 3-Hulk and again he needs to tank, but he does get very angry.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    What?  That team isn't annoying, I mean, valid anymore?
  • DyingLegend
    bbigler said:
    Dormammu said:
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    Annoying and surprisingly durable 
  • DyingLegend
    I also remember being beat by a Carnage/medusa/hawkguy. 

That teams is so frustrating
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Dormammu said:
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    The only time Mr F has been usable
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Any team with 4* Deadpool. Preferably 4* Rogue in it as well and for the 3rd anyone with a lot of health to tank. Target Medusa 1st. My 4* Deadpool does 4K+ damage every time teammates get hurt, so sometimes I even get 4 of those tiles at one time. Murders that team quickly and finish it off with Rogues Green or Deadpools Red.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    The enemy team has a bunch of strike tiles, and you want to give them attack tiles, too?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    bbigler said:
    Dormammu said:
    Eichen said:
    Mudusa, Carnage, Mr F.
    The only time Mr F has been usable
    He's pretty decent with Prof X as well, I've found.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Grocket
    Captain Marvel
    Red hulk/xfd

This right here. Just murders that team as long as you get Hulk out front.