**** Black Widow (Infinity War) ****

Comments

• Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

for CW Black Widow, if an enemy is stunned, she destroys 3 AP from a random color. So if 2 enemies are stunned, she destroys 3 AP from 2 random colors, and 3 from 3 random color if they’re all stunned?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Annoying that 1-turn stuns wear off right before the AP steal triggers, I must say.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that her PVP is back around, at first it started to feel like maybe i was wrong about Bl4ck Widow and she was pretty good, but then I realized what was really going on is that boosted G4mora and Valkyrie were just a top-tier opponent, and Widow was just there to occasionally do something annoying/be a liability on my roster. This Widow is like a jumped-up version of the 2* - purely support. I suppose there' s a place for that, it just doesn't suit my play style. I'm happy for all the covers we've been getting, but i'm in no rush to sink iso into her.
  • Gold_Dragon
    It took you that long to realize she was a support character?

no wonder people don’t know how to make teams and use their roster. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i scrambled for iso to champ her while her pvp is still active, but after I got to 575 I rather champ ghost.
    I really thought she was good with stun and ap shenanigans, but she just feels unbelievable slow.
  • ThaRoadWarrior

No, it's just that what she does is already being done in more useful-to-me ways by other support characters (stun-done better by G4mora, AP discount done better by Shuri, burst heal done better by Medusa, tile removal-done better by any number of characters); I was kind of hoping she was going to be good for something and she really kind of isn't - at least not how I play/with who I have champed.
  • Jaedenkaal

No, it's just that what she does is already being done in more useful-to-me ways by other support characters (stun-done better by G4mora, AP discount done better by Shuri, burst heal done better by Medusa, tile removal-done better by any number of characters); I was kind of hoping she was going to be good for something and she really kind of isn't - at least not how I play/with who I have champed.
    Actually, she and Gamora should play fairly well together; they stun on different colors, and both have passives that trigger when someone is stunned. I don't have enough covers to test this, but on paper it seems pretty good. Only missing Green... Sandman, for yet another cheap (ish) stun, perhaps.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    She doesn't get in G4mora's way, but for my roster that team would be better served to have Vulture in the middle as an accelerant for both G4mora and Sandman. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    She doesn't get in G4mora's way, but for my roster that team would be better served to have Vulture in the middle as an accelerant for both G4mora and Sandman. 
    It also occurs to me that Defilade might be a decent way to trigger The Deadliest Woman
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Actually, she and Gamora should play fairly well together; they stun on different colors, and both have passives that trigger when someone is stunned. I don't have enough covers to test this, but on paper it seems pretty good. Only missing Green... Sandman, for yet another cheap (ish) stun, perhaps.

If you are in fivestar land, Daredevil for another stun-activated passive. It's Lovely.

I happen to Think Blonde Widow is pretty fun since I love using her AP discount and then just whale on the opponent, but she is not particularly good on her own. I suppose her black is decent, but that is about it.

Also, it's Worth nothing that Defilade's Invisibility tiles Count as friendly tiles for the purposes of Gamora's Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy... It's probably the best use of Defilade I have found so far.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I prefer Shuri for the AP discount since it also comes with an AP tax on opponents and stuns on green with board shake and more damage than widow’s black. Also you get that bonus damage from matching fortifications, and she also removes enemy (fortified) specials. I guess my point is that there are support characters with teeth as well as support stuff, so I prefer those to Widow generally
  • Gold_Dragon
    Shuri doesn’t remove (fortified) specials on purpose. She randomly board shakes and if the green hits a fort, you get the stun. 

Meanwhile for the same same amount of AP with her CD on the field, with Widow,you INTENTIONALLY destroy the enemy specials. Oh, and you gain the AP from the enemy specials you destroy. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2018
    Shuri actually does remove fortified specials when you cast red for 8 red AP (5 covers). this is actually a very practical way to get rid of Photonic Barrage countdowns in a pinch. For 7+10 purple AP, widow can destroy 4 enemy specials, so I guess that's a good trade-off. Shuri's AP coupon/tax doesn't care who lays down the fortified tiles either, just that there are 6 of them out, so it isn't tied to a countdown that's going to expire (widow, 4* lord) or to her own health percentage (Peggy).

Also, on the topic of the black stun, I've noticed that Widow's stun doesn't re-up the number of turns on a currently stunned target the way other stuns do. Mine has 5 covers on black, so it should apply a 3-turn stun. G4mora will add turns to an already stunned target with less than 3 turns left on the stun, but Widow just does the damage.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, on the topic of the black stun, I've noticed that Widow's stun doesn't re-up the number of turns on a currently stunned target the way other stuns do. Mine has 5 covers on black, so it should apply a 3-turn stun. G4mora will add turns to an already stunned target with less than 3 turns left on the stun, but Widow just does the damage.
    Thanks, I posted that on the bugs forum, but with no responses I thought it was just me...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Oh snap, did you? I just made one also - the lights out post I saw was about text overflowing the banner or something so I wasn't sure anybody had seen it.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it was below the text thread.  Thanks for the Shuri tip about her red at 5 covers.  Never noticed that because I run her with Big Bro Panther and there's just way too much going on on the screen for me to notice :)
    Blonde Widow stun not extending on multiple fires

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Shuri and G4mora are both so commonly run with specific pairs it’s easy to forget they are value adds to loads of teams.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Can all 3 powers be send as team up? I mean purple wont be much help but black and yellow can be usefull. Thnx
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    Can all 3 powers be send as team up? I mean purple wont be much help but black and yellow can be usefull. Thnx

I have only ever seen yellow as a teamup. I would guess that Black may be off-limits since it has a passive aspect and Purple is off-limits because it has two parts (plus Black Widow is not actually there to become invisible).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Other powers that do stuff to the specific character they belong to do the primary effect but kind of just don't do anything else. For instance: Ragnarok's Lightning Rod power will just charge tiles but since the heal explicitly says it heal's ragnaraok, nobody gets any burst health. I wouldn't think Lights Out would be any different than sending somebody Dr Strang3's blue power, but I too have only seen Brush Pass as a team up.