4* DDQ: Whose side are you on again? Blonde Widow vs War Machine!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/2/1 lvl 111 getting destroyed. 
  • DAZ0273
    That is fantastic Danielle, you have given me hope to try again! Well done!

I do feel this is winnable, it just seems Rhodey has hidden all the purple and also has a secret stash of blue he keeps dipping in to.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    DanielleL said:
    I was really happy I won because this is only my second crash win. I've been trying the crashes since Wolverine but my characters only had one cover so I kept losing. According to gamependium's DDQ calendar it was supposed to be Coulson this week who I have at 1/0/2 so I thought I'd have a better chance with him than I did with the last few so I was frustrated at first when it wasn't him. But I won so I'm okay with it not being him, lol.
    On one of the other threads, it was nmentioned that they were switching up the order to coincide with the 10yr MCU Anniversary and/or the IW home release.  If you look at the Heroes for Hire store, the next crash is MeH, so that sticks with this changed order.  Hopefully it switches back to the original order after the festivities are over.  

This has got to be the worst Crash... reminds me of the old one way back when, when it was a pre-reworked Mr. Fantastic vs. Dr. Doom.  Also, I think back then, you only had one day to beat the Crash, not the 5 days we have now...
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    We actually enjoyed this Crash. It encompassed stress and strategy. 3/4/3 lvl. 188 Widow. As all mentioned we denied blue and used boosts. It was definitely a cat and mouse game befitting the character. We kept making strategic matches so that invisibility tiles were away from WM's Green Gatling gun blast 3x3's, stunned to destroy AP, and kept Pink AP in reserve when tiles were matched. It was slow going, but very entertaining. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I had just gotten 13 covers to make a 3/5/5 BW, but only enough Iso to bring her up to lvl 209. I won on my first try, but once again realized how much I HATE invisibility as a power. With my BW doing tinykitty damage via powers, I shouldn't be able to just hide behind invisibility tiles and match damage my way to a win, especially since I'm matching my non-optimal colors in order to keep WM from taking out said tiles.

Cover got me another champ level for XFW, which got me an OML cover, and finally broke the abbreviation center of my brain.
  • DAZ0273
    edited August 2018
    Genuine question - what happens if Widow jumps out of the shadows/removes her invisibility tiles? I was far too terrified to attempt it!

Edit: Apart from player loses...
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    My widow is 5/2/2 level 90 and I had so much purple AP that I decided to try to jump back out, but with no special tiles on the board to remove.  She did a mind blowing 78 hp damage lol.  Luckily I had enough purple to get her invisible for the rest of the match.
  • DAZ0273
    So somebody really needs to get her a sniper rifle.
  • Waddles_Pines
    DAZ0273 said:
    Genuine question - what happens if Widow jumps out of the shadows/removes her invisibility tiles? I was far too terrified to attempt it!

Really bad designed power.  When you enfilade all it does is destroy all her invisibility tiles (not sure if it'll destroy other characters invisibility tiles... power description says her tiles, but how would it differentiate from other purple invisibility tiles (eg prof x, miles, howard)) and some enemy special tiles.  This gives you AP and damage from the tiles.  No added damage, no added tile destruction, no collecting $200 for passing "GO"....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

Really bad designed power.  When you enfilade all it does is destroy all her invisibility tiles (not sure if it'll destroy other characters invisibility tiles... power description says her tiles, but how would it differentiate from other purple invisibility tiles (eg prof x, miles, howard)) and some enemy special tiles.  This gives you AP and damage from the tiles.  No added damage, no added tile destruction, no collecting $200 for passing "GO"....
    That is because you GO straight to being killed...

I get Widow as a support character, 2* version is awesome but like you I really struggle with what this one is all about.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Well, you do get the AP for the destroyed tiles, so depending what they are you can go back to being invisible pretty quickly.

By "her" tiles, I'd imagine it means invisibility tiles that target her. Currently I believe Defilade is the only way to create these.
  • Waddles_Pines
    edited August 2018

Well, you do get the AP for the destroyed tiles, so depending what they are you can go back to being invisible pretty quickly.

By "her" tiles, I'd imagine it means invisibility tiles that target her. Currently I believe Defilade is the only way to create these.

Yeah, you do get AP back, but you're spending 10AP to get a max of 8AP back.  Sure, you can go invisible again, but at that point you've spent 20-24 purple AP.  Not much bang for that amount of AP... Even the most overcosted power (Cap yellow) gives more utility than this...

As for "her" tiles.  Yup, the description says that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ghost/Howard/Prof X/Miles purple invisibility tiles are affected by enfilade.  Seems like a coding nightmare to me...
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    That is fantastic Danielle, you have given me hope to try again! Well done!

I do feel this is winnable, it just seems Rhodey has hidden all the purple and also has a secret stash of blue he keeps dipping in to.
    DAZ0273 said:
    And...Victory!!!!! Natasha was left with 108 health in a grand stand finish but job done! Now let's never have that one again...
    Yay! It's always extra nice winning with lower coverage because it's more difficult to do. :) 
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    DanielleL said:
    I was really happy I won because this is only my second crash win. I've been trying the crashes since Wolverine but my characters only had one cover so I kept losing. According to gamependium's DDQ calendar it was supposed to be Coulson this week who I have at 1/0/2 so I thought I'd have a better chance with him than I did with the last few so I was frustrated at first when it wasn't him. But I won so I'm okay with it not being him, lol.
    On one of the other threads, it was nmentioned that they were switching up the order to coincide with the 10yr MCU Anniversary and/or the IW home release.  If you look at the Heroes for Hire store, the next crash is MeH, so that sticks with this changed order.  Hopefully it switches back to the original order after the festivities are over.  
    Yeah, I saw that. I finally got MEH earlier this week but he's only at one cover so that sucks. Yeah, hopefully it switches back and if not hopefully we figure out the new order.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, you do get AP back, but you're spending 10AP to get a max of 8AP back.  Sure, you can go invisible again, but at that point you've spent 20-24 purple AP.  Not much bang for that amount of AP... Even the most overcosted power (Cap yellow) gives more utility than this...

As for "her" tiles.  Yup, the description says that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ghost/Howard/Prof X/Miles purple invisibility tiles are affected by enfilade.  Seems like a coding nightmare to me...
    8 AP plus a potential cascade, I suppose, and you've destroyed 4 enemy specials at that point.

If Cap yellow made him invisible, I might agree with you on that second point.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I’m glad everyone is posting their success stories with under-covered/leveled Widow, ‘cause I was so far from making even a dent in my first four tries that I was ready to throw in the towel with my 0/2/2 Lv106 Widow.  Four day and change left to try, so we shall see...
    I got a yellow cover from a classic LT, so after a dozen or so tries today, she did it with a 0/2/3 Lv127 build.  I just had to wait until I got a relatively blue-free board and boost B/P +2 & +50% damage.

The LT gave a yellow Lockjaw....which seemed pitiful considering the effort it took, but what can you do?

Regardless, thanks again all for sharing your success stories so I didn't give up on this one before.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grrrrrr this is a frustrating one! My Widow is 2/1/2, and I keep getting hit with blue/green boards. On my last attempt the board started with only two purple tiles, in opposite corners!

I did manage to get him down below 3,000 HP on one attempt, so I am going to give it the old college try tomorrow during lunch.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    but once again realized how much I HATE invisibility as a power. With my BW doing tinykitty damage via powers, I shouldn't be able to just hide behind invisibility tiles and match damage my way to a win, especially since I'm matching my non-optimal colors in order to keep WM from taking out said tiles.

Tell that to players who won crashes with 1/0/0 Invisible Woman, 0/1/0 Professor X, 0/0/1 Howard, and 1/0/0 Miles Morales.