PvP Focus #2a- For PvP events - points focus - what is your target when you start?

Hilk
Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
Only if you focus on points...

PvP Focus #2a- For PvP events - points focus - what is your target when you start? 72 votes

500 or below - the basics
2%
Blindman13Coubii 2 votes
575 - want the 10 cp
20%
ZootSaxPongietph_jamesjayx_2bonny79GoBucsGomaguirenumber6StraycatMETT-T dependentReecohSt_Bernaduskk3thessBzhaiskittledaddybarrok 15 votes
650-800 - want the extra loot or 3*
1%
StevO-J 1 vote
825 - 900 - want the 4*
25%
SpoitMagicCT1888rdvargas1jreddDaredevil217The Viceroy ReturnsKGBJaedenkaalSim MayorABaker84NotBAMFShintok17JwallyrThaRoadWarriorBigSoftieFFspidyjedi84Moskole 18 votes
1000 - for the Riso
8%
Dragon_NexusrixmithSendikelmBorstockRockwell75Mujo5 6 votes
1200 - the final 15 cp
41%
KolenceTwystaColognoisseurkillercoolxKOBALTxPunter1Dartmaster01dr tinykittyloveTiggidaLystrataalaethEichenvaportrailseyerin[Deleted User]The rockettKevmcgevade420Black DukeCharlieCroker 30 votes

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    1000 - for the Riso
    1000 but less for the RISO and more for placement.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    1200 - the final 15 cp
    Top 25 in scl9 slice 1 usually has high 1300s, so I try to fight for that 3rd 3* cover if I have health packs left and havent been hit a lot.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    575 - want the 10 cp
    The 10CP is always the target. Anything else after that is a bonus. On rare occasions I've even been able to get to 900 for the four star :smile:
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    825 - 900 - want the 4*
    I always aim for 900, then depending on slice I'm in, hp in the bank and availability of points, I will decide whether to try for 1200 or not. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    What this poll doesn't really reflect the ease of getting those points  based on the event time remaing.

I can wait till the last 90 min and hit 1200 trivially, but with hitting every target under the sun and taking suppression for the full 90m

or I can start at event beginning and do it 30-50 points at a time over 2 days and 3 or 4 shields and not see a single red node, cause I've timed their ability to respond etc..

1200 both ways, but with radically different amounts of effort and spending, and opponent knowledge.

Probably should take hard number targets out, and make this poll about how many matches you can fit in x amount of time.  This probably better reflects their ability to actually compete against a certain tier of player.

Finally,  you left out the most important targets.

6.  Score sufficient points to bet T10 in Scl9, T5, in Scl8 etc..

7. Score sufficient points to be viable to play for infintity stone/ Season T5 blah blah.

Options 6 and 7 are actually super important in this poll for the simple reason, that 1200 points/15cp is considered a given to these rosters in either wins or points based comp.

So for these tiers of players,  the only goal is score sufficient points to maintain placements whether that score means 1199 after 75 wins.  Or 4k points on 2hr hops.

• NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    825 - 900 - want the 4*
    I stop as soon as I hit over 900. I have no interest in RISO, and 1200 is way too much effort. Not to mention, I don't need CP where I am in the game; I need ISO. I have more CP than I can use because I don't have the ISO to champ anyone.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    825 - 900 - want the 4*
    Agree with above, this poll is a little short-sighted in that it assumes people are only playing for progression rewards on a per-event basis. I happen to be, but only because i only have the roster/stamina to be a t50 player per event when I want to be, but the t10 in SCL9 Slice 1 is generally finishing with 2X or more the maximum progression points every event, so there is a whole other tier of people out there whose lifestyle may or may not interest you. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    1000 - for the Riso
    I used to aim for 900, but when that got easier I figured I should start hitting 1k just in case supports are ever buffed. I make the climb to 1200 maybe 30% of the time, if I think I can get there.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    1200 - the final 15 cp
    NotBAMF said:
    I stop as soon as I hit over 900. I have no interest in RISO, and 1200 is way too much effort. Not to mention, I don't need CP where I am in the game; I need ISO. I have more CP than I can use because I don't have the ISO to champ anyone.
    So I do understand what you are saying with this but the more match’s you play the more ISO you get.  This is the best way to get it.  Yes it is time consuming but if you want to champ more 4* you have to play more.  The amount of iso that is out their now compared to 1/2/3 years ago is amazing.  It has grown a lot since I started to play.  CPs and iso, I believe, are the life blood of this game to continue to grow.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    825 - 900 - want the 4*
    Now that wins based PvP guarantees me the 4* I'm always shooting for 900 points. Prior to that I was only playing for 575.

On a couple occasions I've had to grind the 40 wins (I normally get there points wise around 20-24 wins) because the teams became impossible or I was getting hit too frequently once I broke 800.

KGB
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    825 - 900 - want the 4*
    NotBAMF said:
    So I do understand what you are saying with this but the more match’s you play the more ISO you get.  This is the best way to get it.  Yes it is time consuming but if you want to champ more 4* you have to play more.  The amount of iso that is out their now compared to 1/2/3 years ago is amazing.  It has grown a lot since I started to play.  CPs and iso, I believe, are the life blood of this game to continue to grow.  
    Rockett,

I looked at his roster in his signature link. He's roughly at the same place I am (about 50% of the 4*s champed, the rest on their way and no usable 5's).

There's no way you can get to 1200 with our rosters unless you grind those wins and 75 wins is a *crazy lot* of grinding compared to 40 (or fewer if you hit 900 on points around 20 wins). If he just wants ISO he's *far* better off playing the seed teams in lightning rounds for easy wins and ISO.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    825 - 900 - want the 4*
    KGB said:

Rockett,

I looked at his roster in his signature link. He's roughly at the same place I am (about 50% of the 4*s champed, the rest on their way and no usable 5's).

There's no way you can get to 1200 with our rosters unless you grind those wins and 75 wins is a *crazy lot* of grinding compared to 40 or fewer if you hit 900 on points. If he just wants ISO he's *far* better off playing the seed teams in lightning rounds for easy wins and ISO.

KGB
    I'm not so sure it's true that there's "no way" you could get to 1200 with a roster like that. I have 25 4* champs, none better than 285 base level, no usable 5*s (well, no champion 5*s - i have a 5/1/0 DD5 who can be useful occasionaly), and I've *nearly* done it in a few events. I've definitely broken 1k a few times just for funsies. I feel like I could do it if I weren't also playing PVE and generally short on health when it comes time to climb.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    1200 - the final 15 cp
    We need an "other" option...

My personal goal is placement: T5 per event... meaning ~2k score.  If there's suppressed scores, than it might be 1300...

I try to aim for 2k per event to keep my season goal of T10 on track.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    825 - 900 - want the 4*
    Due to how win-based rewards has changed player behavior somewhat, gunning for 900 all in one run without needing a shield is completely possible if you have the right 5-Stars champed.  I've done ti in reach PVP this season so far.  The only close call was Scrapper 142, cause I think her cover is still in somewhat high demand cause she's newer and she is now a 5-Star feeder.  Will be interesting to see if Web of Spies will be easy as well, because Black Widow is newer and now also a 5-Star feeder, so her cover will be in high demand too (in addition to her being the Crash in DDQ this week.  Enough with the 4-Star Black Widow already :) !).

Luckily, I have Thanos, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, & Thor all champed.  Dr. Strange & OML can be useful sometimes too, even Silver Surfer in a quick pinch.
    It almost makes me ant to try for 1200...  But that probably needs even more time investment than I already put into this game.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    1200 - the final 15 cp
    KGB said:
    NotBAMF said:
    Rockett,

There's no way you can get to 1200 with our rosters unless you grind those wins and 75 wins is a *crazy lot* of grinding compared to 40 (or fewer if you hit 900 on points around 20 wins). If he just wants ISO he's *far* better off playing the seed teams in lightning rounds for easy wins and ISO.

KGB
    I will disagree with you on this premise.  You can get to 1200 but need help and understand how the current PVP system is set up.  There are many factors but I really don’t want to hijack this thread into another discussion on PVP so I will leave that for another day. If there is a will there is a way.  You just have to be willing to invest a little time for this to happen. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    825 - 900 - want the 4*
    I'll do 900 via points, but if I decide to go any farther than that, it's probably gonna be wins-based, just because I hate spending HP on shields.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    1000 - for the Riso
    I aim for 1000, since that seems to give me a better chance at top 25. Though not always. Been unfortunate enough to be in events where top 25 needed at least 1250 points.