1 or 2 5*s champed

Options
Minox
Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
I have a champed OML (459) from when he was good. He is my only champed 5*.
I also have around 40-50 champed 4*s.

I will soon have a max cover Okoye. From playing against her, she looks really solid and much better than OML.
I’ve heard that 2 champed 5* completely changes your MMR.
So should I level Okoye and sell OML or keep both?

I also have a maxed covered Ghost Rider (if that changes anything), though he looks worst than Okoye.

Tldr: sell my bad 5* champ for a good one or go up to 2 5* MMR?

thanks for the help!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How high do you usually go in PvP? What slice do you usually play?

Ghost Rider is a bit underappreciated, he's not that bad and could probably work pretty well paired with Okoye - his green boosted by her passive could deal a lot of damage. They both have solid Health pools and match damage, so it could probably take you to 900 Points without too much trouble, at least in the more populated slices where there's plenty of high Point targets.

• Minox
    Options
    I play in slice 1 and get to 900 points.
    So you guys aren’t borhered by the 2 5* MMR? I thought it opened you up to a world of pain!
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champing a second 5* will make a noticeable difference to your MMR. It'll mean most of the opponents you're offered will be two champed 5*s and the required character. Mostly low-end champed 5*s - something like 450-455 - but still two of them. So it depends on how much you're willing to live with that and fight through them with what you've got. If you've got the iso to champ both Okoye and Ghost Rider that might make things more interesting. OML is a pretty soft target these days.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not a 5* player myself,but I would have expected Gho5t Rider to work well with Okoye given all his long-term nibble damage he does. Is there an appreciable difference between 2 5* MMR and 3 5* MMR?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing that stinks is that Okoye and OML won't make good teammates. Okoye needs to tank as much as possible so she's not dropping team-up AP at the beginning of every turn. Since OML carries the same colors he might tank some tiles and inhibit Okoye too much.

Not that is matters that much, but with two champed 5-stars you're opponents will have the same and you'll have to get creative pairing 4-stars with your fives. Luckily, some of Okoye's best teams are with 4-stars allowing her to tank all colors. She's really good with Medusa if you just need a PvP duo and she's awesome with XFD & Drax when you can bring three.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess it helps that their colors are aligned in the same order as well.
  • Minox
    Options
    Good stuff guys, thanks for the feedback.
    Guess everyone agrees to keep OML so he stays.
    I’ll try champing both GR and Okoye at the same time and see what happens.

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unless your OML is pretty high level, Okoye should still tank all colors over him. Her base match damage is fairly ridiculous at 450:
    Black 740
    Yellow 658
    Red 576
    TU 372 (744 with 5 black)

Your real problem with this pair: you really need active or passive powers (that do damage) in order for her black to work, and OML doesn't really have those until you accrue a lot of AP.  At least their actives are on opposite powers, but you're going to hate relying on your required characters to be your damage dealers.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Robbie with Okoye could be perfectly usable, his red would double dip with Okoye’s black, and she’d tank black too. 

OML, well he’s just not very relevant any more sadly.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As others said - don't bother with just Okoye. As good as she is (and she is great) she needs a decent partner. She can blow any power up but it has to happen. With OML it won't. So wait till you have iso for her and Ghost Rider and consider your situation again. You will have to play the pair in PvP all the time but Okoye can carry you to 900 points (but is very vulnerable defensively).