Supports Feedback

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
If you are going to have supports in this game and want your players to be interested in them, I feel some changes need to take place.

1) Players need a way to reliably obtain tokens. A progression prize. A direct CP/HP cost. Something. The current rarity and ridiculous odds of obtaining a token makes players feel like they will never obtain a Support they want at a usable rank... and they probably won't. There have already been too many Supports released for the current rarity of tokens - an entirely new form of dilution.

2) If you are going to continue tying new supports to one character (see: Hulkling, Spider-Sense) no one is going to care about them. Not unless said Support is tied to a meta-defining character. Moreover, if you tie a new Support to a new release (see: Hulkling) people will care even less, because now that we're back to the dilution model of LTs it'll be months before most players have that character covered and/or usable. It doesn't matter if that Support can be used by other characters, we players like to Min/Max and an entirely useless rank on a Support because it's not attached to its ideal mate makes us feel like we are missing out.

3) The interface needs to be better. It's too confusing and time-consuming to figure out what is attached to who and where, or how to see where is what and... my brain just exploded.

4) Red Iso rarity. Okay, you've been cautious in trickling this out. I get that. Better to start slow rather than go too big and have to pull back, making players feel like they're getting things taken away. But how long have supports been out now? In this amount of time I should have been able to earn enough riso to level up one of my Supports, but I'm not even close. I can earn enough purple iso to champ a 5-star in 2-3 weeks. I can earn enough riso to max a Support in 2-3 years. Yeah, not really excited about these things at this pace.

5) Make Supports something interesting. That rocky guy from Thor: Ragnorok? Yeah, I don't really care about him. Now, Sharon Carter I like. Rocky guy = a bit character in a movie I have no attachment to. Sharon Carter = Marvel character with a rich history. See the difference? Also, don't give me a Support that is already a character's power. The Spider-Sense Support is what I'm talking about. The 3-star version of Spider-Man already has an ability called 'Spider-Sense'. That's dumb.

Now, since this feedback may sound like a whole lotta negative, let me end on a positive note. I think Supports are a good idea. I like them. I want to use them. I'm looking forward to their future, when you have the economics figured out. I love Marvel Puzzle Quest. As long as it exists, I will continue playing it. Thank you for listening!

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Technically speaking, Hulkling isn't tied to Wiccan. He can be equipped to any hero.

That said, I agree with a lot of this.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    It's all about timing. A Beginner Token nets you up to 7000 Riso. An increment of Tokens now = decrease in Riso sellback price. Even 5* nets you 2000 iso. There are 26 supports now, not including infinity stones. I believe they are waiting to reach the right equation. The amount of HP, Iso-8, damages are all calculated with a certain formula. 

It didn't take you two to three weeks to earn enough to champ a 5 *. It's the number of days that you played that allowed you to be able to earn enough iso to champ a 5*. A 1*, 2* or even 3* players can't do that in 2 or 3 weeks. I think that's not a fair comparison. Everyone starts from scratch.

Based on what I observed, they usually introduce 3-5 new supports simultaneously for big events. Think Infinity War and Black Panther. I forsee that Wasp and Antman could be the next big event, so I'm expecting more than 1 supports.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It didn't take you two to three weeks to earn enough to champ a 5 *. It's the number of days that you played that allowed you to be able to earn enough iso to champ a 5*. A 1*, 2* or even 3* players can't do that in 2 or 3 weeks. I think that's not a fair comparison. Everyone starts from scratch.
    Yes, a 1-3* player would take longer to max out a character or support. Does that mean advanced, veteran players should be held back to the same pace?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they don't want to upset the balance in PvE or PvP so everyone starts from scratch. I think until they figure out a good figure to let the advanced players earn more riso, it's going to stay the way it is.

I'm aware that it's not implemented in PvP yet, but the impact might be big.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    Yes, a 1-3* player would take longer to max out a character or support. Does that mean advanced, veteran players should be held back to the same pace?
    Dormammu has already taken that into account by dint of him being able to get riso that's not available to a beginner player in things like PvP prizes. It's still a ridiculous slog to get enough to level a support. As an entrenched 4* player, I've been leveling my 2* Destroyer Gun (because Coulson is the man!) since literally the day supports came out. I've grabbed every scrap of riso I can get without actually buying stuff in the H4H store, and I'm finally only 1000 away from getting it to level 100. That feels too slow.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    The way to get the supports to level quickly, is from duplicates. The riso you get from events is not enough. The problem is the tokens are to rare to get. They need to make them available to purchase directly through HP or CP, as rewards for progression. Actually both options are needed. Unless you have spent $ you most likely don’t have a support past 3*. Most likely you don’t even have those.

I have maxed 1 at 250 and have another at 182/250. But the only reason I have this is because I spent $, quite a bit of it, on the supports. However, I won’t be spending any more for supports because the system doesn’t work. I understand they like the whales, (I don’t consider myself one). But if it can be done regularly without spending, then regular people are more likely to spend some every now and then, just to get ahead.