need help with mono white gideon, battle forged deck ideas

Options
the only planeswalker i got that isnt the 50 mana crystal is tezeret the schemer so im pretty much completed the story mode with blue/black but trying to grab up all the mana crystals from using all 5 colors. having difficulty finding something that works well with gideon atm tho.

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    could try cheap creatures that have firststrike with/or
    cartouche of solidarity. rhet-crop spearmaster, glory
    bound initiate, enshrouding mists, forsake the wordly,
    adorned pouncer, gideon's defeat, oketra's avenger

HH
  • BARBELITH
    BARBELITH Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanx. I initially was trying lifelink but first strike with Gideon's abilities makes more sense. Atm I'm farming xp to get him lvl 60 so it's more of a cake walk.
  • ard021
    ard021 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm guessing you don't have a whole lot of higher-rarity cards, based on your situation. What do you have for rare or higher white and colorless cards so we can have a better idea of what you're working with?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    White has good options at low rarity. Two common cards that are staples at any rarity are Cartouche of Ambition and Squire's Devotion. Those two cards + his first ability will create a nice lifelink wall that will be difficult for a lot of creatures to get through. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    http://imgur.com/rxcxrgm

This deck is all commons and will probably get you through a lot if your Gideon's at a high enough level.

Edit: Just tried it out in story mode. Never had any trouble in any of the battles I used it in,  including the final level. @bken1234, perhaps you can point to this deck as a suggestion for newer players? 
  • Arsinik
    Arsinik Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My current Gideon deck is this: 

Creatures:
    Paladin of the Bloodstained
    Inspiring Cleric
    Arvad the Cursed
    Ajani's Pridemate
    Legion Conquistador

Spells:
    Call to Feast
    Alchemist's Vial

Supports:
    Veteran's Sidearm
    Powerstone Shard
    Zhalfirin Void

Utilize lifelink and life gaining plus Ajani's Pridemate and Gideon's abilities for damage and staying alive, AV mostly for card draw.
  • Shaaw
    Shaaw Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Gideon is actually one of my strongest. I pair first strike written defender options and even deathtouch to keep their board clear and mine pumping out damage like mad. My current build is... 

Creatures:
    Arvad the cursed
    Danitha capashen paragon
    Kwende pride of femeref
    Dauntless bodyguard

Spells:
    Call the cavalry
    Isolate

Supports:
    Radiant destiny
    Dub
    Seal away
    Thran temporal gateway

The ideal scenario is to have Arvad out with Gideons 3rd giving him defender and regeneration. He already comes with deathtouch and life link. Radiant destiny /Dub to give him first strike and Dauntless bodyguard to protect against removal and other first strikes. You can use Gideons 1st if he needs flying.

Seal away and Isolate help against prevent damage or recurring Creatures with the exile/disabling. Call the cavalry can help get Radiant destinys city's blessing ability active. Thran can help get cards pumping out quick.

Its overall a very good build that I've been using a while even before I had the mythics. You can sub in pretty much any of the white knights with first strike. I even routinely modify it to do the pauper challenges it just reduces the resiliency a little.

EDIT: This theme can work as soon as you can give your creatures vigilance with the number one ability, and just ramps up. 

It is really strong against other creature based decks. It is weak against decks with lots of creature removal and exiling effects. The exile gets past prevent damage from bodyguard. Nicol bolas event boss destroys this deck. 

If you gave a deck that likes to use opposing supports, white has plenty of low rarity support removal options. Isolate can also help with that.
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    History of Benalia would be good here