Indestructible supports change

Laeuftbeidir
Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
My two cents - the indestructible supports are not healthy for the game play. The idea to add effects is interesting, but the implementation far from being impressive (although the color change makes them a bit less annoying)

Why don't you just add the effects as an icon, similar to the city's blessing?

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like them and the colour change helps a lot but there can definitely still be problems.

Cards that interact with supports need to ignore them better, there such a wide range of bugs.

One thing though, with the colour change, you need to make it IMPOSSIBLE for them to turn into a colour that will cause a match. At most there are 4 different colour gems around them, this makes (at a minimum) 2 safe colours to turn them to stop ongoing cascades. (It's not just about the AI, I've deliberately used the colour changing sometimes. You can't guarantee what you get, but you can leave the possibility for extra swaps in a way you can't with other things.)
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    I don't like they interact with the board state and other cards. Some see it as a feature but it just feels like sloppy implementation.
    Sure, my tsn in white flourished this event. You get tsn out, you get tokens each turn since you also have the indestructible support always on. It overpowers an already powerful card. 
    You may say "but hey how many such cards are out there?" it doesn't matter... Why add this complexity to the design of any present and future cards anyway?!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like that the rules for the node are visible on the board. Even checking objectives mid game is bad, this particular setup works better.

I do agree about the issues though. How about they gain the rule text "This Rules node does not count as a support."
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    That would only make things confusing, because it would appear on the board as a support. Honestly, I don't see why it's so difficult to setup something on the interface some global effects for each player... Sure, it takes development effort, sure it's not going to be done instantly, but Oktagon has already come up with some really nice UI stuff, so they definitely have impressive skills in this direction  B)