I'm out.

Jarvind
Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
Loaded up the game this morning and saw the Loki store had Thor covers available. My Thor only has a few covers (2/2/1) and I figure he'd be at least useful for PVE with a few more, so I decided to spend my modest 700 CP stash and try for a cover or two.

Now, I knew that I might not get any. But hey, maybe I'd get new Loki rostered or a couple champ levels for Bolt. Could be worse.

Except none of that happened. In 700 CP I got zero five-star pulls. And you know what? I didn't even care.

It took a couple months to get that tiny stash built up because I've been so checked out on the 5-star game - basically my only source has been the Burrito node, 575 in PVP, and the odd champ reward, because that's all I can force myself to play. Even the breaking of Gambit's stranglehold on the game hasn't done much to pull me back in. Supports seemed like they might breathe some new life into the game, but we all know what a colossal letdown they've been.

So being royally boned by the notoriously-awful 5* progression mechanic didn't even faze me. It just made me realize the only reason I'm still playing is force of habit. 

So it's quitting time. Thanks for the likes and insightfuls. Hell, thanks for the warnings too, mods. It's been fun.

Comments

• fewa
    fewa Posts: 74 Match Maker
    It's sad to see you go. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your analysis of 4 star tier. Thank you for your contribution to the community and best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Odds of no 5-stars in 28 attempts ~ .0106

Sorry to see you go, enjoy your new found free time.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally understandable, I've been at the tipping point myself many times and the next time might be the final push needed. Thanks for all of your work with the 4* ranking guide, it was especially helpful to me when I first entered the tier.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    We’ve all gotten those odds, I’d wager. Or come really close.

A streak breaker is long, long overdue.

My last tally showed that out of 1740 pulls, I have a 12.7% rate.  
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I pulled 38, and only after 30 pulls of 4*s I got 5 5*s in a row (4 + BH). So I feel your pain.

That sucks big time. We know that tables are fixed, so there should be a way to spread out the 5* odds according to the 1:7 stat, and not at a sample size of 1000 pulls ;)
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish you good fortune in the wars to come

This game has been breaking veterans left and right, I'm starting to hit my breaking point as well. 

Good luck buddy
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sad to see you go but wish you all the best, Jarvind.
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Good luck Jarvind. A brave but sensible decision if the fun has gone. Thanks for your guide which has been very useful and an interesting read.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I’d have been lost entering 4* land without your guide. Thank you again.

-JaGo
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Puts my 0/8 pulls in perspective!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    yeah, when it's not fun anymore it seems like it could be a good time to quit.... apparently.  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is just such a kick in the pants when you have this.  I have 28 straight 4* in the Loki vault and no BH either.  Such a let down.  Good luck.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry it came to this for you. Best of luck whereever you go or whatever you do with your time. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    As others have said, you were a lifesaver when going into 4* land.  I am now sort of in 5* land and tiring of the game myself.  Might be following you out the door soon myself.  Thanks again!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Jarvind - Hold up a few weeks - maybe the anniversary will cheer you up (more likely it will confirm the decision). If not - enjoy your next addiction ;)
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I feel this frustration, hard. I haven't completed a DDQ even since Jessica Jones left latest. I looked at my 4/2/4 Jessica, knew I'd never complete her and all the wind left my sails. Then Shield Training came along for Emma and I didn't get to earn her cover because the devs screwed us over by making Iron Spider required. I didn't even earn Emma from progression because I realized I didn't care. I don't care about anymore new characters that don't change the PvP meta and I don't care about new characters the fight the Dark Avengers in PvE. The game is stale stale stale.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, lesson learned for special stores, I went 0/24 on 5*'s this time around. It's very frustrating.

This is why pre-determined pulls are a very bad choice just to curb an exploit.

Never again special stores, never again.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are worth it if you have enough pulls for 300 or more and you really need to finish or get the other two as I did. Other than that why bother. Meh will feed Loki and you get your free cover that way  ;)

If you don’t get one wait for them to enter LT and or BH then. You an still easily get new releases without the required 5* I’ve done it for months and months.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can get lucky or it can go bad.  2/58 for Thanos release and CS wouldn’t help, not that I expected it. Just sucks and deflating when you hit these bad streaks. 
This discussion has been closed.