How is Scrapper 142 treating you?

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
Possibly it is just a bad boost week for me but this is genuinely the toughest PvP I have played in a very long time. 8 fights in and I have somehow lost 4 of them! IIthink also having both Gamora and Strange boosted is also the AI's idea of heaven as it is going stun crazy. Anyone else struggling?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost a few fights because I was being stingy with my healthpacks. 

Her red can double dip on those attack tiles. It helps to end fight quickly.
  • DiscoMega
    DiscoMega Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Running Jessica Jones and Medusa. Got to 900 with 1 quick shield hop. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Doesn't feel any different than usual to me. If anything, I have more time for it since alliance event takes less time than regular PVEs.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I have been loving it. I have 5* daredevil as my only champed 5. So yellow is my strongest color. I put 4* panther in as my 3rd and filling the board with specials pretty quick.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Yeah it’s a lot of fun. With Thorkoye, Valkyrie is absolutely deadly - her red multi-dips on Okoye’s passive, which is enough to pretty much destroy most teams.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feels the same for me, too. Okoye and Boosted Valkyrie are INSANE. Did 103k dmg with V's red, and it might have been more, but it downed the AI. 

Easy and quick wins, but also got slaughtered on defense. So, par for the course. 
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I'll echo earlier sentiments: Valkyrie's red boosted by Okoye is just absurd. It quintuple-dips on Okoye black, plus any strike tile damage. Had an occurrence earlier today where it did 80k damage with 10TU banked.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just me then, at least I know, lol! Thanks for the feedback. 😀
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted Valk annoys me because her powers scaled awful (minus red) . She is better when she is not boosted.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    If you can find the right character to pair, Valkyrie black is powerful - Thor obviously gets green but whoever has a big-hitting active power on their strongest colour would work as well.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Rod5 said:
    If you can find the right character to pair, Valkyrie black is powerful - Thor obviously gets green but whoever has a big-hitting active power on their strongest colour would work as well.
    Actually seems like she'd be a ton of fun to use with Loki. Keep using bounty hunter to build purple, and dagger surprise everybody to death.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm enjoying it!
    Valkyrie's bounty hunter tile is creating green for Thor to use. Daredevil and Thor are even enough in levels that DD basically heals more than they can take off me each turn.

Plus if they do manage to do a chunk of damage to him, Val creates more strike tiles to help him heal.
  • Borstock
    Boosted Valk annoys me because her powers scaled awful (minus red) . She is better when she is not boosted.
    Yeah, I just did 136k with her red + Okoye. Not sure you want her to be too much more powerful. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Yeah, I just did 136k with her red + Okoye. Not sure you want her to be too much more powerful. 
    I'm playing in the 4* tier, and  I tend to agree with @DyingLegend here.  When Valkyrie is boosted, I need to deal more damage in order to trigger Bounty Hunter, and I need to take a lot more damage for her passive to generate strike tiles.

When I've played against similar level teams that have a much lower level Valkyrie, the enemy team can fill all the yellow tiles with weak strikes before they have a chance to trigger it on my Valkyrie.  And if the AI was capable of  targeting specific characters and smart enough to use Bounty Hunter, it'd be sucking away all AP in my strongest colour faster than I could do the same to them.
  • Borstock
    Target her first. Maybe bring Nico or Medusa. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not having any problem winning.  I'm just pointing out that these powers end up firing far less often when boosted.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Just downed a 5* champed loki (93k hp left) + level 506 Thor (82k) from full health on both with 1 valkryie red, 30 tu ap, and okoye. Had Thor green ready as a backup if I needed it in case both didn't die but they did. 
  • DyingLegend
    Borstock said:
    The issue is with her yellow and black, not her red. 
  • DyingLegend
    jamesh said:
    Borstock said:
    I'm playing in the 4* tier, and  I tend to agree with @DyingLegend here.  When Valkyrie is boosted, I need to deal more damage in order to trigger Bounty Hunter, and I need to take a lot more damage for her passive to generate strike tiles.

When I've played against similar level teams that have a much lower level Valkyrie, the enemy team can fill all the yellow tiles with weak strikes before they have a chance to trigger it on my Valkyrie.  And if the AI was capable of  targeting specific characters and smart enough to use Bounty Hunter, it'd be sucking away all AP in my strongest colour faster than I could do the same to them.
    Exactly my point. I would think the higher she gets, the less damage you have to take and inflict, instead of it jumping threw the roof. Another character that suffers from the being boosted is Thing. He will never create protect tiles unless you do a ton of damage in one go. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Easy with Champed Boosted 4* Gamora, Champed 4* Grocket, and 13 cover not leveled 4* Valkyre. Eventhough Grocket is not boosted those attack tiles hit hard with Gamora's Boosted match damage and powers. Getting extra attack tiles from Valkyre helps too.