Use my stash of CP's on Loki store or hold off ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
I was planning on hoarding LL/CPs to get around 300 pulls in the LL store, try to cover the 3 5*s at the time. I'm at 3117 CPs and 120 LL tokens, so getting close to the 300 pulls. I planned to keep hoarding until either 5 Wasp left or 5 Cap leaves and see which 5 would rotate in.

Then this Loki store appeared, now I can't decide if I should blow my CPs on this store. The 5s BB and Thor I only have 2 covers for each, so trying to decide if I should use my CPs on this store or not. I'd have about 140 pulls, not sure if that would allow me to cover either of BB/Thor/Loki or if I'd just be wasting my hard earned stash and be better to keep hoarding for my original plan of using the LL/CPs in the LL store. 

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you were asking about the latest pool, I'd say go ahead and have fun, since you'd have a few more weeks to add more pulls, but this store will disappear in 2 days, so you'd need some serious tinykitty luck to get real benefit from it. At 15% odds with 140 pulls you may or may not get 21 5*s, 7 covers of each on average. 

It's tempting, because both Thor and Bolt are great characters and Loki at least decent with complementary colours,  but the people you see in threads dumping cp in it either are already established 5* players who don't really need the help and just want to try to complete or embiggen their thors/bolts, or confirmed 4* players who don't care about getting into 5* land. 
  • LukusDaniel
    LukusDaniel Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I cashed in most of my CP for 104 pulls, which netted me 17 5*. My BB went from 3 to 7 covers, 5 covers for Loki and champed my 8 cover Thor. This was a 1:6 pull rate. I don’t think your 140 pulls would cover either BB or Thor.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say "no" tc.  If you had more covers for BB and Thor then I would tell you to drop all your company to cover them.  Two of the best 5*s in the game.

But you need 11 covers for each (more with poor distribution).  So I just don't see how you can get close to that many covers with *just* 3k cp. 

So your optimal play is probably to pull for a single Loki cover and then keep hoarding.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would just hoard for a couple more weeks and go for Okoye, Loki combo.  You will have over 250 pulls by then and you can probably get 2 5* champed.  Pulling for B.B. and Thor with only 125 pulls will give you 18-19 5* split between 2 characters so you would end up with all 3 on your roster and none champed.  With 250 pulls you would get 37-38 5* and 2.8 champed.
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    If these are characters you want eventually i’d say go for it and build them as much as you can while they have this special store. I covered bolt purely from classics, medusa champ rewards, and bonus heroes (luck also, I know) so it is doable to cover 5’s that are no longer in latest, moreso now since both already have feeders. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    in your situation no.  with only 2 covers in BB and Thor, the store won't really help you finish them off.

If you were in the 8 cover + range,  I'd say its worth it.  but it so much ground to cover..  Its probably not the ideal time to try for a thor.