Molten Vortex repeated triggers

Options
madwren
madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
Molten Vortex is occasionally triggering multiple times. For example, I had Koth make two red matches and manage to trigger 6 instances of 4 damage off of it. This has happened with multiple planeswalkers and scenarios; Battle Log confirms that it isn't just my missing a red match being made.

Good thing we have a damage objective coming up today!

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I use Molten Vortex in a few deck and have noticed this too. What I have seen it triggers multiple times when matched with another support. If it's a treasure, then the treasue will give double mana to the owner also.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Koth's Strength of the Mountain likewise does this. Matching any support in the gems triggers match effects x2. Match 3 supports, it'll trigger 6 times.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've seen this too.... funny I've also seen an uptick in decks running the card....
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wereotter said:
    I've seen this too.... funny I've also seen an uptick in decks running the card....
    It's not that easy to exploit so I think it has more to do with the increase in better gemchangers to make it more useful.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    wereotter said:
    It's not that easy to exploit so I think it has more to do with the increase in better gemchangers to make it more useful.
    My comment was more about how I seem to see more and more of the player base building to exploit cards when they break.
  • Feiticiera
    Feiticiera Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just got steamrolled in RTO against Koth when they were using Molten Vortex.  Took > 50 damage in one turn and killed me the next turn taking my 24 remaining health.  It also seemed to cascade hangarback walker as they summoned 9 thopters in one turn.  Pretty disappointing.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I confirm this. The whole support, token-support, treasures thing seems buggy right now