MPQ Sneak Peek: August Edition *Updated (8/27/18)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(8/09/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wild speculation time.

Deadpool daily has not been updated.
    In game the hero for hire does not show who the next 4* is.

Could we be seeing something special for the daily with the 10 year celebration?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to be someone from IW. Iron Spidey?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Wild speculation time.

Could we be seeing something special for the daily with the 10 year celebration?
    There is a quirk where the game stops showing the preview if there is only one active H4H offer, so I wouldn't read much into this: it has happened during previous boss events when there is no 5* H4H offer active.  I would be surprised if it doesn't tick over to Black Widow next.

It'd be nice if they did something special with DDQ, but I suspect that they would have mentioned it in the 10 year celebration thread if that was the case.  I suspect we'll probably get another out-of-order Crash character after Black Widow though.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Wild speculation time.

This almost always happens during boss runs. For whatever reason, the coding for Heroes for Hire will only show a preview when there are 2 current offers. Once the offer for the 5* essential for the finished Story expires, the preview vanishes if the only current store is for the current Crash essential.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    Wild speculation time.

Please be Crash of the Mad Titan, Please be Crash of the Mad Titan, Please be Crash of the Mad Titan, etc.
    I'm hoping for this also.  They mentioned in Discord they planned on rerunning Crash of the Mad Titan for the IW release event, but it had to be cut due to time constraints when the movie got unexpectedly moved up by a week.  So if some work had been done before that I could totally see a rerun of it for the 10 years / IW DvD release.  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    tiomono said:
    Wild speculation time.

This almost always happens during boss runs. For whatever reason, the coding for Heroes for Hire will only show a preview when there are 2 current offers. Once the offer for the 5* essential for the finished Story expires, the preview vanishes if the only current store is for the current Crash essential.
    "Almost" is not solid. Brigby has not updated this topic yet. He added versus events yesterday and made no mention of DDQ, so I am hoping something that breaks the "almost always" will happen.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Bowgentle said:

Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:
    Punter1 said:
    Brigby said:
    Yes. It appears that Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) was included as the essential 5-Star as a tie-in to the MCU 10 year anniversary.

Having said that though, I'm afraid I'm a bit confused as to what you mean Bowgentle about the boosted 5-Star being locked out of the 4-Star node. (5-Star not being allowed in 4-Star node seems intentional) Are you still talking about Thick as Thieves, or about Come and Get Me?

It means the same character is featured as boosted 4* and 5*.  So when using BW on the 4* essential node, you won't be able to use the boosted 5* as its also BW so locked out.  Normally you can bring your boosted 5* along to other nodes to give a helping hand.

Ahh I see. Technically Loki is also buffed for the event, although I know it would still take some time for players to acquire him first.

It's not really a matter of having a fivestar to bring into the node. A high level fivestar that's also boosted has very high match damage, so it's nice to bring it along just to speed up the fights (they often end long Before you have a chance to fire any Powers). Very few people will have a high level Loki when Thick as Thieves run.
    Plus Loki isn't an essential so the 5* variant isn't locked out of anything.

This is a pretty bad precedent Brigby, you may want to alert the devs so that they can avoid that in the future (or maybe change it for this event, if it's not too late).

There should be checks that prevent that.

Oh that's odd. Apologies for the confusion, and the seemingly dismissive nature of my comment. I don't know why my second sentence wasn't saved prior to posting.

My second sentence was informing players that I would bring it up with the team to discuss if anything can be adjusted, prior to the event running. 

There is a bug with posting and drafts; essentially, the forum auto-saves a draft for you (that's good!), and when you add more content and then hit submit, it occasionally uses the contents of your draft instead of your post (that's bad!).

I'm not sure if it's a timing issue (timestamp on post and draft are the same minute, maybe?), but it occurs frequently enough to be aggravating. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to be someone from IW. Iron Spidey?
    It was showing 4* Black Widow in the preview for most of the week while there was a 5* essential cover available.

In fact, it was displaying her before they made the announcement of all the First 10 Years events because I thought it was really weird they were running her so soon and way out of order. Then they made the announcement and it all made sense in hindsight. 

I would imagine there's a good possibility Iron Spider will be the Crash after Widow, though. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    Wild speculation time.

Please be Crash of the Mad Titan, Please be Crash of the Mad Titan, Please be Crash of the Mad Titan, etc.
    I'm hoping for this also.  They mentioned in Discord they planned on rerunning Crash of the Mad Titan for the IW release event, but it had to be cut due to time constraints when the movie got unexpectedly moved up by a week.  So if some work had been done before that I could totally see a rerun of it for the 10 years / IW DvD release.  
    The only thing that would make this better, is if Crash of the Mad Titans gave LTs to the Lokithorbolt store (not gonna happen).
    I'd rather get regular LTs.
    Zero interest in making my Thor bigger.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did Crash of the Mad Titan predate the HfH/preview?  I also think it was separate from the standard Crash which may have run concurrently. I can’t imagine either way that it will run as a surprise starting tomorrow and give tokens to the Loki store, which closes Monday.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Still no announcement what happens in Deadpool tomorrow? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Is there anything special announced for Deadpool? I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

Edit: I get what you mean now. Maybe they are keeping Crash of the Mad Titan as a surprise.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I am hoping they still plan to offer Crash of the Mad Titan, perhaps starting next week when a new character release isn’t ongoing.  Or maybe for the next release.

Edit:  I just realized the DPD section wasn’t updated before the new cycle started. Medusa has nothing to do with Infinity War....but at least 2BE spams protects.
  • Bowgentle
    Preview is up, both Black Widows are essential.
    Shame this wasn't fixed.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Shame this wasn't fixed.
    Is it really that big of an issue?

It's inconvenient, sure, but I don't see it as something that requires a "fix."
  • Bowgentle
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Shame this wasn't fixed.

It sets a bad precedent and it would have taken about 5 minutes to replace the essential.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Shame this wasn't fixed.

It sets a bad precedent and it would have taken about 5 minutes to replace the essential.
    Agreed.

Still, it caps out at "minor inconvenience." It's not some broken game mechanic that requires fixing. It's the kind of thing most people aren't even going to notice in the first place. Like, even if it only takes 5 minutes to fix, is it worth spending 5 minutes on? Personally, I'd rather have two Black Widows featured in the same event for the 10-year celebration, because I literally can't remember the last time this was an issue. Just this once isn't going to ruin anyone's day. It won't even be notable.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Shame this wasn't fixed.

Agreed.

Still, it caps out at "minor inconvenience." It's not some broken game mechanic that requires fixing. It's the kind of thing most people aren't even going to notice in the first place. Like, even if it only takes 5 minutes to fix, is it worth spending 5 minutes on? Personally, I'd rather have two Black Widows featured in the same event for the 10-year celebration, because I literally can't remember the last time this was an issue. Just this once isn't going to ruin anyone's day. It won't even be notable.
    Yes, it would have been worth the 5 minutes.

Those that dont have a champed or even decent levelled bw5 wont notice this, those that do will 100% notice.

Just because it never was an issue before, is because, they never had same toon essentials before. That could be coincidence, but those odds would be pretty small i think. Probably, that was by design, mainly to not cause problems on loaner nodes, for the 2/3/4* essentials. 

I do not know your roster, but either you dont play competitive pve or you dont have much 5* champed, if you think this shouldnt be avoided, or would even be notable..

Either way, I would like to know why you even rather have both Widows featured than not. I can not think of 1 reason to be honest, since they cancel eachother out... (not to mention, there are quite a few more worthy of the special anniversary essential role anyway, or at least share it..)

Anywho, it shouldnt even take 10 seconds (4 essentials, are all unique, yes? Ok, conitinue) to avoid this kinda issue in the future. Let’s hope the devs will be able to put in that effort..