MPQ Sneak Peek: August Edition *Updated (8/27/18)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(8/07/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and added details about 5-Star Loki.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this the first time the featured PvE 5 & 4 essentials have been the same character?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is this the first time the featured PvE 5 & 4 essentials have been the same character?

Might well be, the Essentials are usually just chugging along their respective lists.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Something is off.  I have 5* Widow listed as the essential only 2 months ago in Honor Among Thieves (6/17).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Yasuru said:
    Something is off.  I have 5* Widow listed as the essential only 2 months ago in Honor Among Thieves (6/17).
    I'm pretty sure this is another episode of ignore the order and do what we want for promotions sakes. 4* Widow is also out of order.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    BW5 already after just 2 months? (usual should take over half a year to turn around..) Is this to push gambit for a week, till after his special sale is over?

i really hope this is a copy/paste error though...

My bw5 really blows at 3/1/0 as my worst covered 5* by far, so I probably wouldnt use her beside her essential node, but locking the boosted 5 out from any node seems like either an error (i hope) or a bad idea to be thematic (i fear), or perhaps there was no thought behind this unfortunate decision (i expect)..

either way, still got time to make adjustments............
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing 5* BW is on purpose for thematic reason.
    Locking the boosted 5 out of the 4* node probably is a "whoops, we haaven't thought about that!"

And we all know there won't be adjustments.
  • Brigby
    Yes. It appears that Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) was included as the essential 5-Star as a tie-in to the MCU 10 year anniversary.

Having said that though, I'm afraid I'm a bit confused as to what you mean @Bowgentle about the boosted 5-Star being locked out of the 4-Star node. (5-Star not being allowed in 4-Star node seems intentional) Are you still talking about Thick as Thieves, or about Come and Get Me?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Yes. It appears that Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) was included as the essential 5-Star as a tie-in to the MCU 10 year anniversary.

Having said that though, I'm afraid I'm a bit confused as to what you mean @Bowgentle about the boosted 5-Star being locked out of the 4-Star node. (5-Star not being allowed in 4-Star node seems intentional) Are you still talking about Thick as Thieves, or about Come and Get Me?

It means the same character is featured as boosted 4* and 5*.  So when using BW on the 4* essential node, you won't be able to use the boosted 5* as its also BW so locked out.  Normally you can bring your boosted 5* along to other nodes to give a helping hand.

• Brigby
    Punter1 said:
    Brigby said:

It means the same character is featured as boosted 4* and 5*.  So when using BW on the 4* essential node, you won't be able to use the boosted 5* as its also BW so locked out.  Normally you can bring your boosted 5* along to other nodes to give a helping hand.

Ahh I see. Technically Loki is also buffed for the event, although I know it would still take some time for players to acquire him first.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Punter1 said:
    Brigby said:

Ahh I see. Technically Loki is also buffed for the event, although I know it would still take some time for players to acquire him first.
    Im honestly a little shocked this wasnt clear even after it was mentioned...

Saying Loki is also buffed, when event starts during his release, is pretty much a cop out. Just a handful of players will have him even rostered, let alone having him playable. Not being able to use the 5 essential on 4* node is little more than just “meh, not important”.

I applaude anything you wish to do special for movie tie-ins or an anniversary like this, but this seems very little thought through... And why not use First Avenger, who is due about a week after. Would even be more thematic id say.. Or Panther, who is due in couple weeks. Less thematic, but would make whole lot more sense than bringing Widow around already...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEH has appeared a lot of times this year for PvEs. Is this a norm?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEH will very probably feed a 5* next week. He was skipped earlier when in the feeder slot.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Punter1 said

It means the same character is featured as boosted 4* and 5*.  So when using BW on the 4* essential node, you won't be able to use the boosted 5* as its also BW so locked out.

This does seem odd. If it had been the 3* and 4* essentials that were doubled up it would break the loaner node and no-one would be able to play the event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Punter1 said:
    Brigby said:

It's not really a matter of having a fivestar to bring into the node. A high level fivestar that's also boosted has very high match damage, so it's nice to bring it along just to speed up the fights (they often end long Before you have a chance to fire any Powers). Very few people will have a high level Loki when Thick as Thieves run.
  • Bowgentle
    edited August 2018

Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:
    Punter1 said:
    Brigby said:

It's not really a matter of having a fivestar to bring into the node. A high level fivestar that's also boosted has very high match damage, so it's nice to bring it along just to speed up the fights (they often end long Before you have a chance to fire any Powers). Very few people will have a high level Loki when Thick as Thieves run.
    Plus Loki isn't an essential so the 5* variant isn't locked out of anything.

This is a pretty bad precedent @Brigby, you may want to alert the devs so that they can avoid that in the future (or maybe change it for this event, if it's not too late).

There should be checks that prevent that.

• Bowgentle
    Thank you :)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Yes. There are some adjustments and alterations being made to events, in order to celebrate the MCU 10 Year Anniversary. 

We've got a plethora of other stuff coming later on this month, and we'll be sure to announce details once it gets closer.
    Image result for the real mvp meme