Loki (God of Mischief) (8/7/18)

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    babinro said:

Black: Poor
    I want to make this clear...this is a GREAT revive mechanic.  It has some definite potential for players who don't have a robust 5* roster and to a lesser degree as a PvP defensive pest. Characters with 'true healing' type effects are valuable and Loki will hopefully be no different.   
    So why is it Poor?   PvP and PvE are based around speed and damage dealing.  This is a 100% defensive skill that only has a CHANCE to trigger.  In reality its less reliable than Phx's revive because the AI won't try to deliberately match this tile to prolong pvp.  It'll just happen by accident.

One note, the enemy doesn't need to match the trap tile to trigger it, you can match it as well. This greatly increases the likelihood of it getting matched.
    He was speaking of using him on a defense team.
    If he said that somewhere then I missed it, in which case yes, it will be reliant on the AI matching it. Still, that evaluation would only taking into account an aspect of play in PvP and not the full context of the game.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    So can loki black passive be used once only? Or Loki can keep reviving as many as possible?
  • Lukeslad
    Lukeslad Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    So we have a 5-star version of the most annoying character in Marvel, but still only a 3-star Wanda? I find it kinda unfair.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    CCW1208 said:
    So can loki black passive be used once only? Or Loki can keep reviving as many as possible?
    There's no language about the power changing after it activates like with Phoenix, so presumably it can fire multiple times.  I guess it balances out in that the enemy AI won't be actively trying to match the trap, and all the usual negatives of powers triggered by matching trap tiles apply (e.g. being overwritten by enemy special tiles, destroyed without being matched, placed in inaccessible parts of the board).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Was thinking it would be fun to run Loki with Hawkeye. Then I realized that fortifying the Shadowplay countdowns may not be the best idea - it certainly didn't work well for Xpool.

Oh well, still looks fun and I will probably spend what CP I have hoarded on the vault. Don't mind more Thor or Bolt covers at all...

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:

Was thinking it would be fun to run Loki with Hawkeye. Then I realized that fortifying the Shadowplay countdowns may not be the best idea - it certainly didn't work well for Xpool.

Oh well, still looks fun and I will probably spend what CP I have hoarded on the vault. Don't mind more Thor or Bolt covers at all...

A fortified CD, such as Loki's, will still work when matched. You get double the use out of them.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Loki and Okeye = Lokeye!

@Brigby Do the shadow play tiles absorb damage like Elektra's Dance of Death tiles?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    [..]

Recruit Loki!

Right to Rule - Special Legendary Store
    • Starts: Thu, August 9th, 12:00pm EDT
    • Ends: Sun, August 13th, 12:00am EDT
    • 15% chance to get Loki (God of Mischief), Thor (Gladiator), and Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
    • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Oof. Looks like I'll be spending some CP.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    LukusDaniel said:
    Do I blow a CP horde on Loki’s store for Thor/BB or LL for Okoye?

edit:
    Okoye 4/3/2
    Thor 4/1/2
    BB 1/0/1
    FWIT
    I'm struggling with the same question but opposite distribution.  
    Okoye 2/01/1
    Thor L453
    BB 5/2/5 (1 saved)

Hopefully AI can luck out to an early BB pull for the needed cover and the question answers itself.
    CCW1208 said:
    He's faked his death at least twice already in the movies, so doing multiple would be fitting.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    as mentioned before, these revive abilities are nice, but you might only use them in 1 of 20 matches you use the characters. you're basically making a 5* with 2 abilities which makes them less useful.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    LukusDaniel said:

edit:
    Okoye 4/3/2
    Thor 4/1/2
    BB 1/0/1
    FWIT
    Okoye 2/01/1
    Thor L453
    BB 5/2/5 (1 saved)

Hopefully AI can luck out to an early BB pull for the needed cover and the question answers itself.
    CCW1208 said:
    He's faked his death at least twice already in the movies, so doing multiple would be fitting.
    Okoye only truly shines with Thor and even then she needs to be at least 6 levels below Thor or higher to do so. 

Meanwhile Thor enables a variety of teams since he's an AP generator especially if you can get any other 5's to protect him by tanking colors over him.   Thor is the current best character in the game.   Okoye without Thor is at best mid-tier with plenty of better characters than her.

Lukas - Go for Thor, no question.   Your Okoye still has time to grow afterward and can be completed by feeders in the worst case scenario.

Broll - Strongly recommend you don't put another level into Thor and put any additional covers for him into a dupe.  Whether or not you go all out for Okoye largely depends on how much you have hoarded and how many pulls you can get before she leaves because she needs a lot of work.   BB is pretty good but you can just finish him by championing sandman and waiting a while.   If you have a shot at Okoye with your resources then go for it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    as mentioned before, these revive abilities are nice, but you might only use them in 1 of 20 matches you use the characters. you're basically making a 5* with 2 abilities which makes them less useful.
    I don’t even think it is 1 in 20 matches.  I think the ability should be more like XFW.  Loki places a fortified CD and goes airborne (or even stunned or downed) when it resolves he gains 65% of his health back and re-enters the fight.  This way it is an active poser but still takes him out of the fight like he is faking his death.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    It would be cool if his trap tile revived him and also caused damage; I could picture him faking his death and stabbing the enemy as they get close to see if he's really down. Seems odd that it would only generate 3 green AP. Damage seems like it would be a better incentive to allow him to go down. But what do I know?!?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro said:
    broll said:
    LukusDaniel said:

edit:
    Okoye 4/3/2
    Thor 4/1/2
    BB 1/0/1
    FWIT
    Okoye 2/01/1
    Thor L453
    BB 5/2/5 (1 saved)

CCW1208 said:
    Okoye only truly shines with Thor and even then she needs to be at least 6 levels below Thor or higher to do so. 

Meanwhile Thor enables a variety of teams since he's an AP generator especially if you can get any other 5's to protect him by tanking colors over him.   Thor is the current best character in the game.   Okoye without Thor is at best mid-tier with plenty of better characters than her.

Lukas - Go for Thor, no question.   Your Okoye still has time to grow afterward and can be completed by feeders in the worst case scenario.

Broll - Strongly recommend you don't put another level into Thor and put any additional covers for him into a dupe.  Whether or not you go all out for Okoye largely depends on how much you have hoarded and how many pulls you can get before she leaves because she needs a lot of work.   BB is pretty good but you can just finish him by championing sandman and waiting a while.   If you have a shot at Okoye with your resources then go for it.
    Medusa feeds Black Bolt, not Sandman. Sandman feeds Green Goblin. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    Quebbster said:

A fortified CD, such as Loki's, will still work when matched. You get double the use out of them.

Fortifying means the countdown will not Count as "destroyed" when matched, so it will be very very difficult for Loki to spam more countdowns when Hawkeye keeps fortifying them. As I alluded to above, I made the mistake of pairing Hawkeye with X-force Deadpool in one of the Ultron runs. Ultron would destroy the bottom row, but since Deadpool's Countdown for What countdowns were fortified it would just remove the fortification and not deal damage. Then Hawkeye would refortify them so Ultron couldn't wreck them the next turn either.

Only upside was that it did slow down the bombs too...

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Quebbster said:
    Thanos said:
    Quebbster said:

Fortifying means the countdown will not Count as "destroyed" when matched, so it will be very very difficult for Loki to spam more countdowns when Hawkeye keeps fortifying them. As I alluded to above, I made the mistake of pairing Hawkeye with X-force Deadpool in one of the Ultron runs. Ultron would destroy the bottom row, but since Deadpool's Countdown for What countdowns were fortified it would just remove the fortification and not deal damage. Then Hawkeye would refortify them so Ultron couldn't wreck them the next turn either.

Only upside was that it did slow down the bombs too...

No, you missed the damage. That’s not how deadpool countdown behaves when fortified. 

Edit: actually the countdowns May have used to trigger damage on match and destroy. One of the updates may have changed it to only on match now so destroying it by other means won’t trigger the damage
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    His purple attacks random enemies? It says unsuspecting enemies, but doesn't specifically say it will hit random enemies or not.
    I like it, looks fun, new, and kinda strong. I don't know about you guys, but I do sometimes try to use my revive mechanics in pve. At least since the most recent essential 5*s were Phoenix and IW Cap.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    So do you all like Loki or Cap better? I’m sure this will be it’s own thread as Cap gets closer to leaving. My Cap is an abysmal 0/5/4. My Okoye also has a rough build at 1/5/4. But I have 270 pulls right now so should be able to finish her. The question is do I go Cap/Wasp/Okoye or Loki/Wasp/Okoye?
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    He looks really good to me I will have to see how the purple power works in practice but all those countdowns matched with colson, hawkeye, or capt marvel I can see him jumping into the top 5 characters easily.  
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    So do you all like Loki or Cap better? I’m sure this will be it’s own thread as Cap gets closer to leaving. My Cap is an abysmal 0/5/4. My Okoye also has a rough build at 1/5/4. But I have 270 pulls right now so should be able to finish her. The question is do I go Cap/Wasp/Okoye or Loki/Wasp/Okoye?

Like you said, it's a bit early to tell but I'm cautiously voting Loki. Cap's red can be great, no doubt, but it's his only damage dealing power. Also, there's lots of good/decent red users in the tier already. Loki presents another purple/green user (i.e. DD, Thanos), but his purple will certainly put him at the top 3 purple damage abilities among 5*s with DD & Gambit. 

It think the answer will depend more on your roster than anything. Which of the two would have better color/ability spread, compared with your other 5* characters?