Come and Get Me - Event Details *Updated (8/9/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the event details for the upcoming Come and Get Me event!

Thanos (Infinity Saga)

• Doesn’t make matches
  • Infinity Gauntlet
    • Black Passive
    • If there isn't already one on the board, create a 2-turn Gauntlet tile that charges and destroys the entire row, dealing massive damage and gaining triple AP.
    • The Gauntlet tile can't be matched and won't fall
  • Infinite Power
    • 8 Purple AP
    • Creates a Purple Countdown tile. (3-turn tile at Rounds 1-6. 4 turn tile at rounds 7 & 8)
    • While this tile is on the board, Thanos (Infinity Saga) deals 15% extra damage and no tiles may be destroyed or changed except by Thanos (Infinity Saga) (tiles may still be matched away)
  • Infinity Gems
    • Green Passive
    • Thanos cannot be Stunned nor sent Airborne
    • At the beginning of the battle, place one of each Infinity Gem on the board. Destroying the Gem gives you the following effect:
      • Time Gem: Creates a random duplicate non-Purple Infinity Gem
      • Mind Gem: Generate 30 AP of a random color
      • Reality Gem: Give a burst of healing to your entire team, restoring them to full health.
      • Power Gem: Deal a massive amount of damage to Thanos (a little more than third of his max health).
      • Space Gem: Create 2 Critical tiles
      • Soul Gem: Destroy all Green tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    sweet!!  :#
  • x_imperialism
    x_imperialism Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    DarthDeVo said:
    4* Grocket boosted for this again? Hey, I'm not complaining. It'll be nice to mostly have the weekend off. :smiley:
    and the overkill of boosted beardcap destroyer of bosses
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    My only question is when does the event start?
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    4* Grocket boosted for this again? Hey, I'm not complaining. It'll be nice to mostly have the weekend off. :smiley:
    My thoughts exactly

• mega ghost
    I also need to decide who to champ next, 4* Gamora or Valkyrie. I'm leaning towards Valkyrie as she'll be more useful in the boss battles (as bosses can never be stunned.) I could still run a boosted but unchamped Gamora alongside boosted 4* R&G elsewhere to get the strike tile bonus.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Gamora is excellent and will find her use in most situations. PvE becomes casual ifyou have her and R&G.
  • mega ghost
    marshall said:
    Gamora is excellent and will find her use in most situations. PvE becomes casual ifyou have her and R&G.
    Oh absolutely! I've been using R&G and Star-Lord for that all of this time because, until Saved Covers debuted and allowed me to exchange 5 for 1, the game simply wasn't giving me her black and I couldn't complete her. She's definitely getting champed ASAP. I was considering who would be more useful for this event in particular though, which is why I was leaning towards Valkyrie.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Yep. Made the right call on leveling Valkyrie with my ISO. And bonus awesomeness that Gamora and Grocket are powered up for this. I'll add some Nico and power through the first three rounds quickly.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has worked out quite nicely! I just last week raised Valkyrie and Gamora to 209 ready to champ once I have the iso and also boosted Iron Spider up too, I may now also take him to 209. Lots of options!
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Just champed LumberCap. Thanks shall be wrekt.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone explain to me why XFW is always boosted for boss events? I'm not complaining, just curious. Is it because his black is pretty much tailor-made to take out one person with extreme prejudice?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's the gimmick with this event again? It's boss-thanos right? The one with the infinity stones on the board?
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    What's the gimmick with this event again? It's boss-thanos right? The one with the infinity stones on the board?
    Yup. It's the one where Thanos gets bodied by his own Infinity Stones. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Can someone explain to me why XFW is always boosted for boss events? I'm not complaining, just curious. Is it because his black is pretty much tailor-made to take out one person with extreme prejudice?
    (Most of) the side nodes are set up to allow you to use any tier version of a character such as Hawkeye, Spider-Man...Wolverine....  The list is mostly determined by characters that are present in most, if not all, tiers.  This lets the maximum number of players take part in at least some of the event.  XFW is our 4* Wolverine (for now, I assume they will eventually release a second one), so he's always boosted.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby Are there any changes to how Thanos works?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    This may be an oversight, but I don't see any Red Iso in the progression rewards.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Avengers vs Ultron event included Red Iso.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Kahmon said:
    This may be an oversight, but I don't see any Red Iso in the progression rewards.
    Looks like it was accidentally left out of progression rewards for this run of the event. The team is working on including it into the event right now. Once this is done, I'll be sure to update the progression rewards to reflect this.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Apparently it's now reached the point where even the devs are blithely ignoring Supports and red-iso.