The First 10 Years Celebration! *Updated (8/8/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

It's 2018. This is the year that Marvel reached its 10 year anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This past decade has brought to the big screen some of the most spectacular and breath-taking cinematic experiences to ever depict the Marvel Universe.

Please join us as we celebrate this momentous occasion week by week in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Week 1

Login Gifts

• Feature Films - Vault Token
    • Start: August 9th, 2018, 12:00pm EDT
    • End: August 16th, 2018, 12:00pm EDT *New Update*

Store Offers

• Feature Films - Limited Vault
  • End: August 16th, 2018, 12:00pm EDT *New Update*
  • 41 Items
    • 2x Random Covers of Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) or Black Widow (Infinity War)
    • 2x Beginner Support Tokens
    • 5x Random 3-Stars
    • 12x Random 2-Stars
    • 5x Elite Tokens
    • 1x 5,000 Iso-8
    • 3x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 2x 500 Red Iso-8

Champion Reward Update

• Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)'s Champion Rewards are being updated to include Thor (Gladiator) covers.
    • Start: Daily patch on Wednesday, August 8th
    • Thor (Gladiator) covers will be rewarded at the following Champion Levels:
      • 280: greentilepng God of Thunder
      • 300: redtilepng Asgardian Tactics
      • 320: yellowtilepng Smoldering Fire
      • 340: greentilepng God of Thunder
      • 350: redtilepng Asgardian Tactics
      • 360: yellowtilepng Smoldering Fire
  • Black Widow (Infinity War)'s Champion Rewards are being updated to include Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) covers.
    • Start: Daily patch on Friday, August 10th
    • Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) covers will be rewarded at the following Champion Levels:
      • 280: purpletilepng Tell Me Everything
      • 300: redtilepng Acrobatic Takedown
      • 320: blacktilepng Red In My Ledger
      • 340: purpletilepng Tell Me Everything
      • 350: redtilepng Acrobatic Takedown
      • 360: blacktilepng Red In My Ledger

Events

• Come and Get Me - Alliance Event
    • End: August 13th, 2018, 12:00am EDT
    • Features: Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)
    • Rewards: Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) in Progression Rewards
    • Rewards: Black Widow (Infinity War) in Round Rewards
  • Scrapper 142 - Versus Tournament
    • Start: August 9th, 2018, 8:00pm EDT
    • End: August 13th, 2018, 3:00am EDT
    • Features: Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)
    • Rewards: Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) in Progression Rewards
    • Rewards: Black Widow (Infinity War) in Placement Rewards
  • Thick as Thieves - Story Event
    • Start: August 12th, 2018, 7:00am EDT
    • End: August 17th, 2018, 2:00am EDT
    • Features: Black Widow (Infinity War) and Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
    • Rewards: Black Widow (Infinity War) in Progression Rewards
    • Rewards: The Hulk (The Main Event) in Placement Rewards
  • Web of Spies - Versus Tournament
    • Start: August 12th, 2018, 8:00am EDT
    • End: August 15th, 2018, 3:00pm EDT
    • Features: Black Widow (Infinity War)
    • Rewards: Black Widow (Infinity War) in Progression Rewards
    • Rewards: Vulture (Adrian Toomes) in Placement Rewards

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Wow. 9/41 free tokens. And two 5* feeders. I'm sure some won't be happy that the devs didn't give 5* Loki feeder and some conspiracy theory would be brewing soon though. 

Thanks for the free tokens.

Edit: your date for Natasha should be 8th August.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is great to have 2 feeders at once.  I know how this will sound but this is another 2 new 4* that are feeders.  Yes they make sense, MEH/Thora could have fed Thor or Fury to BW since 3* BW feeds Fury, but I just hope they do show love for the older 4* as feeders. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two feeders, featured in a boss and the following PVE, two PVPs to go with them, and a vault with loads of free tokens.

And this is Week 1 of the 10-Years Celebration?

Sweetness. Excited to get more covers for Natasha and to be able to finish Thor (even if I slowly acquire those covers over the course of a few months, and don't get any when these changes go live), looking forward to what makes up Week 2!
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby is the update for Black Widow supposed to read Wednesday August 8th (instead of 10th) as well?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited August 2018
    Brigby is the update for Black Widow supposed to read Wednesday August 8th (instead of 10th) as well?
    Woops. I believe that's supposed to say Friday, August 10th. I've gone ahead and corrected that in the post.

Wow. 9/41 free tokens. 

-snip-
    Sorry for the confusion. Those dates show the range of time in which a player will need to log in by, in order to receive one Feature Film vault token. 

I've added an additional line to clarify this.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Wow. 9/41 free tokens. And two 5* feeders. I'm sure some won't be happy that the devs didn't give 5* Loki feeder and some conspiracy theory would be brewing soon though. 

Thanks for the free tokens.

Edit: your date for Natasha should be 8th August.

I'm not sure that it reads that way.  To me it says that if you log in within that date range you'll get a token.  Like the LT we got for using Gambit last season.

Perhaps @Brigby can confirm which way it is. :edit: And he has, in a going back in time and editing an earlier post kind of way.

• HoundofShadow
    Oh. It's still good.  :D I should slow down my speed to read next time.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby are you at liberty to say how many total weeks there are going to be for this celebration? Only asking because this clearly states 'Week 1' at the top.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    So each week is 9 days? Also, i appreciate the new feeders but heck, my 4* widow isn't even at 13 covers yet. I'm postulating that they're updating the newer 4*'s so they don't have to give out too many free 5* covers.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I'm loving all of this. Especially getting lots of Blonde Widow covers to finish her off. 

And I'm sure some people will inevitably complain "but Valkyrie and BW are so new, I won't get many feeders from them!" I don't care. Every feeder we get is one closer to having feeders for all the 5's, so it's all good in my book. 

And if this is just week 1, all I need for this to be perfect is for Iron Spidey to get featured in week 2 so I can wrap him up as well. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I hope they would run it till end Sept and then it would be MPQ anniversary by then.  B)
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Brigby are you at liberty to say how many total weeks there are going to be for this celebration? Only asking because this clearly states 'Week 1' at the top.
    More than 1. Less than Infinity

....War.

I see what you did there.

If I guess it right first try will you confirm it?

I'm going with 10 weeks (wishful thinking here)
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    My 5G/4R/3Y Gladiator Thor is happy to be getting a Feeder, and I'm VERY THANKFUL for the existence of Saved Covers.  That being said, I won't lie, I'm a little bummed it's not Thoress (which I have at L299).  Shrug.  C'est la vie.  Heh.  I just marked my L273 Valkyrie as my Favorite 4*.  I figure chances are I'll get 27 more Val covers before I ever get a Red or Yellow GThor cover.

Thanks for the updates!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Brigby are you at liberty to say how many total weeks there are going to be for this celebration? Only asking because this clearly states 'Week 1' at the top.
    More than 1. Less than Infinity

....War.

I see what you did there.

If I guess it right first try will you confirm it?

I'm going with 10 weeks (wishful thinking here)
    10 makes sense with it being the mcu anniversary, and that should bring us into October, which I think is MPQ anniversary.  

My wishful thinking is that it'll be a big enough number so they start numbering it using Infinity Stones*  ;)

(* Seasons used to be noted in Roman numerals (it got to some big number, maybe 50ish?!?) before they started naming the seasons after the Infinity Stones.)
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Whats with ignoring classic/older 4* being chosen as feeders who honestly would make much more sense? Thoress should feed 5* Thor ..... that is just obvious and would grant us some more covers for a 5* who’s already dissappeared into the deep dark abyss of classics.

The current trend of choosing very new 4* as feeders when many of us don’t have them covered well / champed feels pretty lousy & deliberate. At this point it’s obvous we all really enjoy the 5* feeder feature but why so cheap and stingy with the tactics of rolling them out like this?

I can only guess they don’t want us to have a generous amount of 5* feeder covers or they simply don’t have the customer service staff available to deal with issues/tickets  right now. I am grateful for this feature but let’s show some love to older 4* as well and I think 5* feeders  should be rolled out with more frequency too. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thoress should feed 5* Thor ..... that is just obvious
    Not really, since they're not thematically linked other than sharing a name. Gladiator Thor is from the MCU speciically. A completely different Earth to Thoress. As a result it makes more sense to link him with something else also from the MCU and Thor Ragnarok specifically.

So give it time and likely ME Hulk will give Loki covers. Maybe.

I can only guess they don’t want us to have a generous amount of 5* feeder covers or they simply don’t have the customer service staff available to deal with issues/tickets  right now.
    Not sure what you mean by that. If you're suggesting cstomer service are expected to swap useless 5* covers or something, you're wrong there. Since saved covers came along that whole thing is obsolete.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Know what would make these four feeder updates even better? Changing, at the very least, 3 star widow to give 4 star Widow covers.

Cause ya know, the whole supposed "theme" idea.

FWIW: The Thoress argument is valid. It's not like we don't already have a legacy 4 character feeding a MCU five...