Are we done with 3* characters?

Jesus Jones
Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
I think the last one was Angel, was that really the LAST one?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was it Angel or Electra? I can't remember.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Angel with 5* Arch angel

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    Was it Angel or Electra? I can't remember.
    Angel was the last one.. it dropped with Archangel 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think we're done with them, no. Wasn't there a big gap of time before Dr. Strange came along and whatever 3-star came before him? We're bound to have another one.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't remember the devs saying that Angel is the last 3 star. So, the possibility is there that Angel might not be the last 3 star. There are probably a few more years of MPQ and it's impossible to guarantee that Angel is the last 3 star.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope it was the last one. Add little to the tier or the game now. There’s more than enough 3 stars to keep new players busy and I’m sure they don’t need more roster slot demand.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sure hope so. I've been done with the tier for ages and I have to imagine it goes pretty fast for a new player now too.

Plus I always found the 5*/3* releases to be kind of annoying. "Here's another incredibly difficult to attain character, plus their cheesy weakling counterpart that you'll have to dump ISO into to keep your champ farm complete."
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    TBH I don’t mind 3*.  Easy to champ.  Feeders 4*.  It annoys me about the roster slots.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    When did they stop vaulting 3* characters?  Back when tokens were only giving half the 3* characters, new characters helped keep the list fresh and stopped people from "finishing" the tier.  With no latest/vintage distinction, perhaps they don't consider new 3* characters worth it?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    When did they stop vaulting 3* characters?  Back when tokens were only giving half the 3* characters, new characters helped keep the list fresh and stopped people from "finishing" the tier.  With no latest/vintage distinction, perhaps they don't consider new 3* characters worth it?
    Almost certain that Gambit and Angel were after 3* vaulting was ended. I think Elektra too, but I'm not as sure.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have all 47 threestars maxchamped now. I certainly wouldn't mind a 48th threestar, I don't really know what to do with my 3* bonus heroes now.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adding 3* characters  is a good thing for players in that tier and below because it gives them the feeling that the game has new content for them at that level. Also, having additional 3* for PvP is probably also good if we are not going to get 4* Pvp outside of special events.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Almost certain that Gambit and Angel were after 3* vaulting was ended. I think Elektra too, but I'm not as sure.
    Daredevil/Elektra came out late August 2017, I believe Vaulting changed to the 12 latest/Rest are Vintage system early August 2017.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was a little shocked that Angel came out as a double-feeder in his champ rewards. 3lektra made sense to a point, but it was a pretty wasted opportunity to get some of the other 4*s on that list.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    As we get to utilize cover saving more in the age of mega dilution, I could see them adding more 3*s. The sheer amount of 3*s rewarded per event make it easy to cover them. As more of the playerbase ends up with max champ 3*s, and unchamped dupes with tons of saved covers, they might decide we need more places to spend resources.
    If we are making guesses, I would say 3/5 Mysterio for the next spiderman movie. Could do a classic version and movie version. Thats about a year away tho. I dunno
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I've champed every 3-star, plus a dupe for each one except latest 3 (Elektra, Gambit, Angel). I'm not eager to add another one to the list, but if they have a solid impact on the game I can't complain. I use Strange, Thanos, and Hawkeye pretty frequently, even with a deep 4-star roster. They're easy enough to cover, and at this point saving 127K ISO is but a trifle. I would just prefer that they make them into feeders for some of these newer 4s, if pack odds are going to stay the same way they are. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I have all 47 threestars maxchamped now. I certainly wouldn't mind a 48th threestar, I don't really know what to do with my 3* bonus heroes now.
    Personally I just leave all my 3s unfavorited. You just get random covers when you get a BH that way.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sure hope so.
    I also hope we're gonna be done with 4*s soon.
    #SixStarsOverdue
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Much rather seem them rework some 3s to be mini-4s and make them more usable...  OR...  just make heroic tokens 3* or high, no 2s.  That way, you can max out your 3s faster, and when boosted, get them in there.

I'm sorry, but the 3/4 pull rate in Heroics is terrible.  My season 10 pack was 2x3, rest 2s.  That's just disgusting.

I'm looking forward to using my 266 strang3 for boosted for the first time :smile: