Change to Return of the God Pharao event to legacy before its next run

Pleaase change to Return of the God Pharao event to legacy before its next run in ten days. The event decks are full of legacy cards (the opponents are said legacy cards!) so I think it would be logical to make the entire event a legacy coalition event. We had something like this before when Avacyn's Madness was run twice or so.

Comments

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I completely agree with this. It is nice to have events changing while the standard is evolving, but there should be a limit and this limit, as @joerginger said, should be when the opponent uses legacy card the event should be legacy too
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    It's going to be hard to convince players that their time is worth the effort if the rewards are mostly useless.

Running RotgP is a bit played out, but it does feel like a new-ish event now that the objectives have changed as well as our available card pool.  I don't mind refurbishing the event to keep it in the coalition rotation, but I think the overwhelming consensus is that coalition events need to provide rewards in alignment with the current standard set(s).  

Another option might be to sub-out packs and replace with substantially more jewels, gems and orbs so that the players can then purchase an equivalent number of standard packs/cards.  Personally, I don't need more Ixalan or Dominaria block cards, so I'd prefer to receive my "packs" in the form of gems anyway... so I can take a shot at cards I do not yet own but can play in future standard events. 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    They ran Avacyn's Madness as legacy with great rewards, no reason they couldn't do that here too. It's only really legacy PvP that's ridiculously unfair to those without certain cards, PvE can be dealt with by way of clever deck-building even with surprisingly limited collections. I first started beating RotGP node three pretty consistently with a Kiora deck with Cowl Prowler as the only rare+ for the first two battles, and Sarkhan with burn spells and Shadows of the Past to take on Bolas. I got Ob Nixilis as soon as possible to improve my often hour+ time against Bolas, but I could do it with the first two non-Origins Planeswalkers I purchased.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    DBJones said:
    They ran Avacyn's Madness as legacy with great rewards, no reason they couldn't do that here too. It's only really legacy PvP that's ridiculously unfair to those without certain cards, PvE can be dealt with by way of clever deck-building even with surprisingly limited collections. I first started beating RotGP node three pretty consistently with a Kiora deck with Cowl Prowler as the only rare+ for the first two battles, and Sarkhan with burn spells and Shadows of the Past to take on Bolas. I got Ob Nixilis as soon as possible to improve my often hour+ time against Bolas, but I could do it with the first two non-Origins Planeswalkers I purchased.
    As long as I'm not getting legacy cards as rewards, I don't care.  They don't help me in any event that is worth playing (exception to TotP). I am missing 70-80 legacy cards (not counting MP), and there are about 10 that I'd use in a legacy event if I played them ever.  I know that's just my opinion... but legacy is broke.  It's not fun to run into HUF deploy, or a kiora infinite looper, etc multiple times in an event.  Kudos to Octagon for fixing that mess.