5th Anniversary Wishlist

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
It's only a few months off now, and sure there's plenty the seems to be happening before then... but what do you want to see?

My "simple" wish is for a 5* Deadpool that comes to the game and brings a new refresh of the DDQ that includes 4* covers and/or more CP/LLs per day/week. I'd also like to see a re-working of DP v MPQ, ideally adding at least 1 more sub and bringing it in line with other events that can be run for 3 or 4 days.

What do you want to see for MPQ's 5th birthday?

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    System Reboot
    Heroic pve
    Guantlet
    An actual roadmap of feeder releases.
    actual consistent communication beyond the 1-2x a year they actually engage.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    6* Characters!

Support to go away.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't mind another anniversary character (Dazzler? Great Lake Avengers?).

An extra DDQ node giving 4* would definitely be appreciated, though I'd prefer some totally new content, especially something that would make use of your complete roster: I remember a discussion about sending out your characters on missions to bring back rewards.
    Maybe send a few 2* to get a Standard token, 3* for an Elite, 4* for a Heroic, 5* for an LT, but you can only send buffed characters, so you'd have to decide how many you need to play and how many you can miss for a day.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Double ISO. Good vaults with less 2*'s in them. Free login Bonuses. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'd love that mission system; it was great in Tiny Fallout to send people out to grind for stuff between play sessions.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we get a Dazzler before the end of the year. That's not based off anything other than my gut, but I think this is the year. If so, @Dragon_Nexus should be pleased. If not, worst anniversary ever.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    a replay this node button.
    supports that aren't gained by randomness. 
    another shield simulator for PvP or PvE that is rated by rarity so I have a reason to care about my 2s, 3s, and 4s again

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    A change to the PVE structure so that I don't have to play at certain times of the day in order to do well at it.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Add indicators of which colors a hero has powers in to the hero selection screen, so if you're trying to build a team with heroes you don't use as much, you can easily see who has what to more easily cover all 6 colors.  This also would help if you have a 2-man team you like, and know you just need someone good in Purple, for example.

Overhaul DDQ.  Provide a tier that offers up 4* heroes.   Make the whole thing scale better.  So if your roster meets certain criteria, you're getting more 3* and the occasional 4* out of the Tacos, not 1-2*'s.  Yes, scale the difficulty too, so that we're still not fighting the 1* node when our rosters are in the 4-5* range.

More red ISO if you really want to make supports a usable/worthwhile thing.  

Better PVP matching, so that having a few 5*'s with 1-3 covers on them doesn't completely screw you in terms of who you're getting matched with.  People shouldn't routinely be getting matched with heroes 100 levels higher than their most usable characters.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Boss Rush that isn't insanely hard and gives out a 5* cover for completion.
    Gauntlet with difficulty option similar to normal pve - hardest level gives out a 5* for completion
    5* stores announced with 3 rotating classic characters available each week at 25cp per pull and 15% pull rate.
    Classic legendary pulls have odds boosted to 20% 5* pull rate

So yeah...hoping 5*'s will be made more available all around. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Alfje17 said:
    I wouldn't mind another anniversary character (Dazzler? Great Lake Avengers?).
    Maybe stick with creatures.  Doop?  Lockheed? or dare I dream Peter Porker the Amazing Spider-Ham!!!!.  Maybe the Skottie Young-ish Kid Wolvie from Exiles... I hope not Dazzler.  That would ruin the in-joke...
    NotBAMF said:
    A card would be nice. Would it kill them to stop at the dollar store and just pick me up a nice card?
    At least they give us some tokens.  At my job, HR sends an anniversary card that literally just says "happy anniversary" and all the HR staff signs it.  Someone suggested a $5 Sbux card just as a token of appreciation and that was shot down.  Meanwhile the "signatures" are there because then HR can expense a catered lunch for themselves.  I wish I was making this up....

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of a new Deadpool and an overhaul of DDQ and/or DPvsMPQ.

I want them to give Supports a full release, since we're currently still in a sort of "beta" phase. Add in another wave of supports like the beginning (not the tie-ins we've had for new releases or events, but a variety of things, AIM Troops, Cerebro, Jarvis, Shield Backup, the Danger Room, Oscorp Tower, the Baxter Building or Fantasticar, maybe even some Infinity Stone level toys like a Cosmic Cube or Ultimate Nullifier or Power Cosmic?). Add tokens to the game normally. Regular Beginner tokens (one every event, more in placement, more in the DDQ overhaul suggested above, etc), the possibility to earn Advanced/Master tokens. Enough tokens, the Red ISO from dupes will cover the shortage of that resource. Maybe a bonus token (Master level?) as thanks for everyone who helped "beta test" them so far (hell, go ahead and give people a head's up to use them so the people who have objected to using them thus far don't miss out either), enough free Red ISO to get one support to level 50, an optional Respec if you've tinkered and want to un-level a Support and put that Red ISO somewhere else, the works. Add in a way to acquire Infinity Stones (even if they're stupid rare in RNG, that's better than no chance for anyone who is reasonable about knowing they can't win PVP seasons). Add in some specific supports as well (Fight for Wakanda should give a guaranteed Wakandan support, if the event comes back, for example), the way we fight for placement for specific covers now, apply that to Supports as well, so if you want a specific support, you can work hard in events to try and earn one, and not be wholly stuck hoping RNG is in your favor.

I'd like to see the typical Anniversary stuff, special Anniversary season, boatloads of Anniversary tokens, Dino covers and PVP, Class of PVP, that kind of thing. A new event would be nice. I'd be down for a revived Boss Rush that's a little more balanced like Sinister Six. I'd be extra excited for something new (Civil War style event, call it Avengers vs X-Men, two boss nodes on each side like Sinister Six, throw in Boss versions of 5* characters so we can fight Cap, IM, Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Hulk, Gambit, Wolverine, Phoenix, Archangel, etc, maybe add in some boss versions of other characters so we can add Professor X and Magneto to the list? Sinister Six has boss versions of 4* characters, after all).

But I'd really like new regular events for the rotation. I'd even be excited if they announced the old 7-day events were being broken into 4/3 day "Part 1/Part 2" splits, because that'd give us 8 new events out of existing content. I think I would be happy if they found a way to bring back 7-day events, Heroics, the Gauntlet, Boss Rush, Crash of the Mad Titan, the events like Growth Industry we haven't seen recently (Amadeus Inferno and the Coulson event). Taking retired content and retooling it for re-release sounds more exciting than a single new thing, at the moment, because it would mean more variety for a prolonged period of time.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    My personal wish list: Less flashy things so I can actually play the game (insert pouty face here)

My product dev wish list:

• Ring around nodes that indicates how many clears have been done of how many available.

• Re-structure the game so that newbies have a "build path" that limits the number of characters they can "get", allowing them to get some solidly covered and leveled characters quickly. Gradually releasing more as they rank up via Shield Rank.

• SCL to actually mean something about the levels of opponents you will be facing in PVP.

• A hard look at time required to do full clears of PVE nodes on a daily basis. With an eye towards not requiring players to dedicate 90+ minutes a day to the game in one solid chunk in order to succeed/place reasonably well.

@fight4thedream's match achievement win conditions (more puzzle not just fuel up and blast away).

• Something on the PVE side, if PVP is just not your thing, that lets you go in and play a match or two randomly throughout the day either for kicks or for some minor benefit.

DDQ is not enough to fulfill that - it's a daily quest and it's finished in 10 minutes and under. I'm thinking something more along the lines of a Danger Room that has challenges you can vary among. Like required to play with specified team combos and allow each character to fire a power. Be able to pick who you want to fight against so you can try out different teams against them as practice runs for that one node with the Royal Family, or the Gambit/Rogue combo in Simulator. Try out a loaner fully leveled version of a new character, pairing them with characters you already have to see how hard you want to work on that one. Stuff like that.

• A commitment to developing a minimum of 2 new PVE storylines a year. Preferably 4. PVE storylines are the stalest thing in the game.

• There was something here, but my packaging file just flashed done saving and I forgot it. Maybe I'll remember later. Oh. Wait. I found it:

Personal & Product Dev wish list: NO DARK AVENGERS IN ANY NEW DEVELOPMENT. None. Niente. Nein. Non. Oxi. Nada. Nope. Nope. Nope.

• Morlocks