MPQ Sneak Peek: August Edition *Updated (8/27/18)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Valkryie coming up as a reward in both pvp and pve. Gotta be Thor if she turns into a feeder yeah?
    I've almost got her to 300 (would already be there if they didn't undo vaulting) so if I'm lucky I can score 2 covers out of this.
    Actually, considering the last 5* release immediately received covers from a Champion update, that leads to a decent possibility that Totally Not Dazzler will get covers from Valkyrie right away. It would be nice if that’s the way ahead, removing just a little of the RNG that makes putting them into 5* essential status right away so irritating.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I'm going to predict we are going to see a larger celebration of the digital and physical release of Infinity war compared to the cinema release.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Pessi said:
    I'm going to predict we are going to see a larger celebration of the digital and physical release of Infinity war compared to the cinema release.

Yeah, and that's why the Loki 5-star hint makes sense to me. Infinity War DVDs release in two weeks time, and we're slated another character release by then. 
  • MarvelMatch
    MarvelMatch Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Help me out here, progression rewards. You get these when you move higher in tables, right? This is very confusing!
    Correct (well sort of, I am not entirely certain if you are saying higher in the placement tables or points total).
    You get the progression rewards as your points increase, while the placement rewards are for where you finish the event in comparison to all the other people in your event group.
    Thanks for this. Sorry I wasn't clear on what I meant. I knew what placement rewards are but the progression rewards were confusing me
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Who are the next round of Behemoth Burrito line-ups?
    AgVenom DDQ cycle started today, but still no Burrito preview? I know today's, obviously, but trying to plan ahead for the rest. 

Am I missing it somewhere?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(8/06/18) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies and Weekly Buffs.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

With heroes for hire in game showing black widow (infinity war) as coming up next, could we get an explanation as to why we're going out of order (an event?) and whether we will return to the normal order afterwards? It helps in deciding where to place the ISO if the solo battles occur as expected.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    WEEKLY BUFFS
    • (8/9/18 - 8/16/18) *New Update*
    • 4-Star: Ant-Man, Black Panther (King of Wakanda), Black Widow (Infinity War), Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2), Valkyrie
    • 3-Star: Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange), Quicksilver, Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted), Scarlet Witch, Vision
    • 2-Star: Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    • 1-Star: Hawkeye (Classic), Spider-Man (Original)
    CHANGELOG

*(7/30/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs.
    *(8/06/18) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies and Weekly Buffs.
    @Brigby can we expect more changes in weekly 4* buffs order?  This is markedly different than the pattern that's been established in the past:   https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/43012/weekly-buffed-characters-updated-7-24-18/p1 .  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect both the buff list and DDQ Crash changes are linked to the home release of Avengers: Infinity War.

There were enough complaints about the lack of celebration of the theatrical release, so are we really going to complain when they break routine for the home release?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m not sure anyone is really complaining (maybe a little?), but the patterns are changing and people are curious, at least.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Weren't Ant-Man and Valkyrie JUST boosted? Like a week ago or something?
  • jtsings
    edited August 2018
    So are we really going to complain when they break routine for the home release?
      No complaints really, just curiosity on whether the pattern is getting a complete redo.  But if your hunch is correct, that they are doing this because of the home video release, I'm fine with that and it would explain why they shook up the boost list a bit this week.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    jtsings said:
    So are we really going to complain when they break routine for the home release?
      No complaints really, just curiosity on whether the pattern is getting a complete redo.  But if your hunch is correct, that they are doing this because of the home video release, I'm fine with that and it would explain why they shook up the boost list a bit this week.
    I agree.  I wasn't complaining, but I do want to update the wiki before there's too much moaning about the "chaos" from going out of order.  If I knew, for example, that the next five Crashes would be made up of characters that have received the marvel studios 10 year covers, and that afterwards we'd be going back to the normal schedule, that would help.  If, instead, I knew that the normal schedule was going to stay in place but that there were going to be special additional offers in the HFH store, that would also clarify things.  Just hoping to get information.
  • jtsings
    Thank you so much for the response Brigby.   I look forward to all the fun things that will come along with the 10 year celebration :smile:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    cool! Ant-Man release was a lot of fun, I'm sure this will be as well!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep antman release was superb. Hopefully we see more like that  :)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    With heroes for hire in game showing black widow (infinity war) as coming up next, could we get an explanation as to why we're going out of order (an event?) and whether we will return to the normal order afterwards? It helps in deciding where to place the ISO if the solo battles occur as expected.
     (* crosses fingers *) Please be a rerun of Clash of the Mad Titans; Please be a rerun of Clash of the Mad Titans...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect it'll be a re-re-tooled Wakanda event coming out of soft retirement; maybe with a robot arm.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    (10XISOtocelebrate10years)
    What? Did I say something? No, no, you must be mistaken.
    Seriously though, a ten day special season with ten times ISO through it would have been amazing. Even a ten day log in bonus on top of the daily resupply. Include 10K ISO, 10 CP, and a heroic 10-pack. We’ll see though. I’m just being way too much of a dreamer here probably.