Across ixalan - Cards for Karn not available

Options
I have had some weird bugs with Karn playing Across Ixalan.  Cards that should be available to play in series such as Origins, are not available for deck building.  It seems to change from day to day.   
Tagged:

Comments

• Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ok, so here is the bug, I can only use blue cards on the across Ixalan with Karn.  I just played a bolas who had access to black, blue, red and uncolored cards.  So I know it is not consistent.  Karn seems to be deck limited.  
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    Ok, so here is the bug, I can only use blue cards on the across Ixalan with Karn.  I just played a bolas who had access to black, blue, red and uncolored cards.  So I know it is not consistent.  Karn seems to be deck limited.  
    Karn can only use cards available to the node he’s assigned. So in Across Ixalan, he can only use the color of the day (blue in this example) while other planeswalkers still have access to all their usual cards.

If node is multicolored like the recent dragon war event, he will have all the available colors. For unrestricted nodes like most PvE events, training grounds, and story mode, he can use any card. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, he is. He's always locked to the color of the node (plus colorless) since he doesn't have an own color. That's why he can use all colors on TG (no restriction on the node itself), three in the last coalition event, but only one on AcrIx
    Bolas is a three colored walker, thus having always access to those three plus colorless.. So not a bug, but a feature