Deadpool Daily, automation/simplification for advanced enough players?

herm1978
herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
I guess I may not be the first one to suggest the following but here goes:

Could we possibly get some kind of automation or something for the DD when at a sufficiently high SCL, right now it feels like a chore to complete it. Partly because it is so easy and partly because I've done it so many times (I'm on my fifth year). 

Not doing it seems just stupid since the reward/time feels pretty good but some simplification for time served cant be wrong, right?

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Big Enchilada, Behemoth Burrito and Crash of the Titans should be the only nodes that high SCL players should have to play.  The left side with the 2* and 1* are a waste of time.

TBE I like because it's the one node where you can experiment with new teams.  There's no other node in the game where there are zero ramifications with just goofing off trying new stuff.  

Behemoth Burrito, fine as is, only thing I would change is if you don't have one of the chars, you could still do it, but 2 or 1 vs 3.  

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, I've been finding myself even forgetting to finish the easy nodes some days. Just too boring after so long, but I just don't see it ever being automated. Might as well ask for the easy pve nodes to be same going with that automation logic.

Maybe unlock 3* Thanos as a playable character for players with ultra high SRs?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler said:
    If you have kids between the ages of 6 and 12, then I would subcontract out the work to them.  They'll have fun with it and you'll still get the rewards.  Win-Win.  I've been doing that lately.
    Bingo.  Great for car rides.  I trust all non-essential nodes to my 8 year old with the Grockdusa team :smiley:
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just skip the 1 and 2 star nodes now. I still get both ISO progression rewards and the 3* cover, which is all I really care about anyway.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Jarvind said:
    I just skip the 1 and 2 star nodes now. I still get both ISO progression rewards and the 3* cover, which is all I really care about anyway.
    But you miss out on two of the three Taco Tokens, which possibly give out better rewards than Iso and a 3* cover.
    I also feel the DDQ more as a chore than a fun activity, but three minutes for 2 Taco Tokens is well worth the time invested. Also, 1700 Iso extra is always nice. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Because I'm always turning over my 2*s as soon as they hit max-champ, and I keep a partially leveled but fully covered 1* spider-man to solo that node, those nodes tend to take a lot longer for me than the rest as well; I suppose I could spare 9700 iso to top off Sp1der-Man and keep a max-champ 2* or two around specifically for saving that time, but I was strapped for roster space for so long that the idea of adding duplicates is still hard to swallow lol.
  • Steel_Colt
    Because I'm always turning over my 2*s as soon as they hit max-champ, and I keep a partially leveled but fully covered 1* spider-man to solo that node, those nodes tend to take a lot longer for me than the rest as well; I suppose I could spare 9700 iso to top off Sp1der-Man and keep a max-champ 2* or two around specifically for saving that time, but I was strapped for roster space for so long that the idea of adding duplicates is still hard to swallow lol.
    You don't turn over all of your 2*s at the same time right? Having one or two champed 2*s, even when not max champed, is usually more than enough to beat the 2* DDQ nodes.
    And do you have another 1* besides the partially leveled Spidey? You could complete your team with that 1* as well if necessary. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind said:
    But you miss out on two of the three Taco Tokens, which possibly give out better rewards than Iso and a 3* cover.
    I also feel the DDQ more as a chore than a fun activity, but three minutes for 2 Taco Tokens is well worth the time invested. Also, 1700 Iso extra is always nice. 
    And thats the point. Either skip the nodes because they are boring and tedious, or do them for the rewards.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I do them for the rewards.  I used not like getting ISO but since I am starting 4* levels I will take them.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

You don't turn over all of your 2*s at the same time right? Having one or two champed 2*s, even when not max champed, is usually more than enough to beat the 2* DDQ nodes.
    And do you have another 1* besides the partially leveled Spidey? You could complete your team with that 1* as well if necessary. 
    Generally i'll sell one as soon as i have a single cover to replace them for required nodes. Right before cover saves went live, I was on a run of trying to save 4* covers, so I am still recovering from a particularly aggressive harvesting season where I was left with a lvl 113 Bagman and 13 lvl 15 2*s at various states of cover - it was as bad as it sounds lol. Now that the pressure is off with my vine, I am throwing all my iso back into re-champing efforts, have 6 more to go. And Sp1der-Man is lvl 40/50, so he is plenty able to complete the node, you just have to chase his colors and use powers because match damage isn't as good as it could be.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    If anything, 1* Juggs is the way to go as far as speed on that 1* required node.  Move the enemy tile moving character to the back, collect six red AP and Juggs headbutts the moving character out of the match, use match damage and green AP board shake to kill the last two goons.

With regards to the 2*s, I cycle through several teams that get the job done very quickly, who I use just depends on who I have champed and who I don't. 

Fast 2* combos:
    Hawkeye, Storm, Mags (focus on purple AP to fuel Storm blue AOE and Hawkeye passive, also fuels Mags red to one shot the enemy tile mover in the last round of wave nodes).
    Wolv/Ares, Daken, OBW  (very fast green/blue/purple/red collection)
    Ares, Daken, Captain Marvel

Torch and Thor see occasional use in place of other green/red users if the rest aren't champed. Bullseye, Cap, Moonstone, Bagman see almost no use and usually go from 94-144 without any play.
  • Steel_Colt

Generally i'll sell one as soon as i have a single cover to replace them for required nodes. Right before cover saves went live, I was on a run of trying to save 4* covers, so I am still recovering from a particularly aggressive harvesting season where I was left with a lvl 113 Bagman and 13 lvl 15 2*s at various states of cover - it was as bad as it sounds lol. Now that the pressure is off with my vine, I am throwing all my iso back into re-champing efforts, have 6 more to go. And Sp1der-Man is lvl 40/50, so he is plenty able to complete the node, you just have to chase his colors and use powers because match damage isn't as good as it could be.
    I completely feel you, I was in exactly the same situation about a month ago. Harvesting all my 2*s without investing Iso in the new crops. I believe I had one level 130 Moonstone left, with the rest at level 15 with 13 covers or less. 
    IM35 Iron Man actually needed to come in and dish out some pain to save the day. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    How about instead of automating them after a certain point taking away the restrictions on the 2* ones and let you use anyone.  I rotate through characters as I champ/sell them and when the less offensive ones are in the forefront those nodes can really drag.
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    How about a restructuring of the rewards? For practical purposes, the rewards are built to assume that you either complete all nodes, or you complete them in more or less ascending order. If all rewards were shifted onto progression for the event, and the individual nodes didn't have rewards (other than say the required 3star on TBE), you could tweak a few of the numbers on, say, Behemoth Burrito to ensure that players with sufficient rosters to trivialize the 3 entry-level nodes anyway could just skip them due to the point total.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    I think it would be fun if you reach a certain level then you can use Deadpool in the one and two star nodes.  I'm imagining a champed 4 Deadpool just pounding on them.

Kinda supports the whole breaking the 4th wall.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Even better, SCL whatever or higher have access to a secret 5 star Deadpool that they can use in his nodes.