Paladia-mors node damage count mistaken

Options
Bil
Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
   So, i was playing on the paladia-mors node trying to complete the 12 damage on creatures.

I've got a 15/10 creature with berserker and trample and oponent has a 12/12 creature. I hit the beast for 12 damage and deal 3 damage to oponent (Enemy creature dies which confirms it received 12 damage). Now i check my battle requirements and i see 3 damage accounted for my secundary instead of 12.( It seems to consider the damage from trample instead of the creature damage ).
   I had to face this same behaviour several times during that same game and had to exile my own creatures to avoid an early kill.

I couldn't say where it comes from as previous fights on the node seemed to work properly.

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, Trample damage is counted weirdly for this objective. The damage dealt to your opponent is counted instead of what was dealt to the creature. Someone posted about it when the same objective was in one of those Journey PvE events.
  • Shibata
    Shibata Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I came here to post the same thing, as I almost missed the objective because of it.  I didn't know what was happening, but now I realize it was counting the trample damage instead.  
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It has happened to me too. This node is not counting  the damage made to creatures as it should.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its a result of the game not really knowing how to handle trample damage.  
    I've been getting around it by making sure I have a use of my planeswalker's first ability ready, and then using that to get the kill.  Then it counts damage equal to your creature's power correctly.