Vivien's Invocation deals damage on creature base power, not current power.

Options
Enygma6
Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
I used the card Vivien's Invocation with the Awakened Amalgam (1/1 base P/T, reinforcing an existing 10/10 copy already on the battlefield, and self-buffing to 18/18).  It then did 1 point of damage to my opponent's creature.

Comments

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It does make sense to me. How it is spelled in the card?
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options

Pick one of the first 3 different creatures in your library. Move it to the battlefield. Then, it deals X damage to your opponent's first creature, where X is its power.
    The card does not specify Base Power, just Power, which I interpreted as the current Power of the card as it sits on the battlefield.  

For being an 18-cost Rare, I would expect it to deliver the current full Power value in damage.  

Rabid Bite is a 9-cost Common from the same set that has the same damage-infliction wording.

edit: Tested with Rabid Bite, using Legion Conquistador (base 3/3), creature reinforced once and buffed by Ajani Unyielding's 2nd ability (+2/+2) and Overcome (+8/+8) to an on-the-field 16/16, and it inflicted 16 points of damage on the opponent's first creature.

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On the other hand you can tutor a creature AND cheat it on the battlefield AND deal damage to a creature. Seems quite some stuff. If it drew you some cards too it would be complete.
    Joking: given the wording you're completely right
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's broken exactly the same way Ambuscade is broken.