4* DDQ: Battle of the Home-Coming: The Flying Villain vs The Arachnid Avenger!

Vulture vs Spiderman! The battle a lot of us were predicting! Luckily for us, it was against 5* Peter Parker and not 4* Iron Spider. That could have been a hard one. 
This was easy. Go after black, go airborne, fire green, go airborne, win. 

Token got me a welcome Wiccan, one of my last under-covered 4*s. 

Comments

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Bonus points for anyone who gets the "Flying Villain" reference. ;)
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got clobbered on my first attempt. The danger with going airborne is you cede the board to Spidey. He collected his red while I was up, hit me with that when I landed, and then a black dry board kept me on the ground long enough for him to nuke me with his green.

I am unaccustomed to losing clashes with champion 4* :-P
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I rarely play clashes since I'm still transitioning to 4* land.  However, Vulture is my highest covered 4* at 4/4/2.  
    First time, I lost.  I wasn't surprised.  I've never played against 5* Peter Parker before.  I needed a test drive.  Also, the first board was practically free of black.  It's like RNG knew I wanted black and denied me.  
    Second try, I won.  I added +2 blue, green, and black boosts and then 10% boost of firepower to green & black.  The board still had poor amount of black but not as bad as first try.  However, blue was quite present and I chased after it.  After slamming him with the slicer, I was able to get enough black to go airborne.  Peter Parker was not intelligent.  He kept firing off his powers while I was airborne.  I was able to kill him off and still had 4000 health left.
    LT gave me a much needed green cover for Wiccan.  

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Bravely bold sir Vulture

Bravely flew away

No problems whatsoever, just Went Airborne and crushed the arachnid. Was expecting Archangel as the opponent, so I was pleasantly surprised.

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    This could have been a friendly reminder that I own a 3/4/3 Peter Parker that I never ever use...but what the heck does he actually do? No black tiles on the board at the beginning. So I went for green and blue. Spidey put out some web tiles. I started gaining black...and kaboom. One blue power and double green when I landed. Game over. Easy victory and I can forget about Pete until he pops up again as 5*-essential. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Took two tries with a champed Vulture. First time, was a green starved board, and I left him with green matches on my cascades, which he took all the time. I got airborne a couple times, but my Swoop tile got zapped by a match 4, and promptly bit the dust after I landed.

Second try was much easier, but Spidey still packs a wallop, had 4k health when I fired off two Swoops and went airborne for the win.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Another casual clash, but with a dash of luck. 4/4/5 lvl 273 Vulture only had to go airborne once with a green on the board and blue ready to fire. Prior to that, I lucked into a cascade of about 3 match-5s that softened Peter up for the kill.

He didn't make it to homecoming and the LT was a champ level for Youndu.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy enough for a 271 5/3/5 Vulture. 

LT was a champ level for teen jean.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Total snooze-fest for my 5/3/5 lvl 282 Vulture. Two black matches right away lined up two more black matches, so I gambled on a favorable board and grabbed them so I could just spam Circling Prey. First time got me enough green to fire One Fell Swoop, which went off without a hitch. Second one fired Hybrid Tech Slicer FTW. I made a total of 4 matches to win the whole thing.

LT got me an Iceman cover for champ lvl 281, so...yay?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second try went better, as I played more cautious. Waited until Spidey had a power ready before going airborne  hit him with my green & blue, win. I respecced to 4/4/5 to make green hit a little harder.

Token gave me a Kate Bishop champ level. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool vs MPQ Villains 4* node right?

Also yeah this Crash was a cakewalk. Barely lost any health at all!
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Anon said:

I thought it was the 5* node, but I'm not entirely sure. 4* is against Carnage, Doc Ock and Ultron, if I'm not mistaken. ;)
    But you get the bonus points none the less, in the form of a like on your post! Kudos to you!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:

I thought it was the 5* node, but I'm not entirely sure. 4* is against Carnage, Doc Ock and Ultron, if I'm not mistaken. ;)
    But you get the bonus points none the less, in the form of a like on your post! Kudos to you!
    Yeah, it's the 5* node. With Thano5, Vulture as the Flying Villain, and Daken as a Vying Fill-in.

Vulture is my highest level character, so this was pretty easy for me, despite not much black on the board and a bunch of stupid mistakes on my part, starting with not re-speccing him from 5/5/3. Glad it wasn't Iron Spidey or Archangel, they would have wrecked me, the way I was playing.

Token was a Mockingbird champ level.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try for my 272 4/5/4 Vulture. I haven't used Vulture much, so I didn't play him optimally, but I lucked out with a good board. I took some pretty heavy damage, but  green into blue sealed the deal for me. My reward was a champ level for 4* Star Lord.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My board started with blue everywhere, so that's how my champed 3/5/5 Vulture won. Never did go airborne.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won on the first try, but it was very close.  The board was very purple and red, so we both were grabbing any blue and green that fell equally, but Vulture was just stalling and denying for the most part.  Peter was able to get in some hard hits in but finally I got 11 Black, stayed airborne and finished him off with only ~500 hit points left.  Tougher than expected, but a win nonetheless.

LT gave me a yellow 4* Wasp.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I left mine at 5/5/3, lost the first match from not really knowing how Parker plays and getting a dry board. Got it on the second try by doing a better job managing the web tiles and getting airborne. I was really expecting this to be against Archangel, the character seeming designed to specifically shut down Vulture, but it is much more thematic that it was Parker.