Story-boosted characters?

I don’t know if this has been discussed before, but I was thinking it would be nice to have the original characters from a given story (the ones who show up in the “comics” before & after a fight) also be boosted, as it is THEIR story.
Are any players interested in this? Devs?
This would mean that, for instance, during the Strange Sights event, each area would not only boost Strange, but also, depending on which path the player selects, Iron Fist & Cage, or Daredevil & Elektra, or Mr. Fantastic. (And maybe the version that is in the comic gets a normal boost, with the option to boost other variants of the same character a small amount...?)
Thoughts?

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    ObiWanPEZ said:
    I don’t know if this has been discussed before, but I was thinking it would be nice to have the original characters from a given story (the ones who show up in the “comics” before & after a fight) also be boosted, as it is THEIR story.
    Are any players interested in this? Devs?
    This would mean that, for instance, during the Strange Sights event, each area would not only boost Strange, but also, depending on which path the player selects, Iron Fist & Cage, or Daredevil & Elektra, or Mr. Fantastic. (And maybe the version that is in the comic gets a normal boost, with the option to boost other variants of the same character a small amount...?)
    Thoughts?
    A bit like how Heroics were run, with each sub having Reinforcements who were boosted for the given sub. I have always thought that events like Prodigal Sun and Deadpool vs MPQ should have Sentry and Deadpool respectively boosted, especially since certain missions required them.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I like this idea a lot. I also like the way that the Wakanda PVE had the Black Panther nodes that gave the large ISO rewards.And I'd really appreciate having boosted 5* Daredevil and OML for Hearts of Darkness!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care if the talking heads are boosted, I never pay attention to those anyway. But it always annoys me when the main character of an event isn't boosted, like the aforementioned Dr. Strange in Strange Sights. And every version of Spider-Man should always be boosted for things like Sinister Six and Venom Bomb.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I, too, really like this idea a lot.  At the very minimum, Howard should be boosted in Webbed Wonder, since it's literally the only time per year which he would be boosted unless they actually run a Duck Season again...which is unlikely.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I've long thought that something similar would be cool. I always like to see stronger ties between a game's narrative and its mechanics.
  • MarvelMatch
    MarvelMatch Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I was thinking this as well but what if they could do this for SHIELD training too? I've had to miss out on some serious fun because I don't have the required characters. Very interesting idea
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they could do with simply increasing the number of buffed characters: with the increase in the number of 4* characters it is taking longer and longer for each specific character to come up again.

I'm not sure having event-long buffs for story-linked characters is that great an idea.  Either (a) the characters will be mediocre and you'll ignore them, or (b) they'll be great and you'll ignore the weekly buffed characters.
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I was thinking this as well but what if they could do this for SHIELD training too? I've had to miss out on some serious fun because I don't have the required characters. Very interesting idea
    What I suggested was to boost the characters in the narrative. SHIELD Training has no narrative, and you wouldn’t get any characters for free or on loan. I just meant those you had who were also in the comic beforehand (PC-controlled) would be boosted some, and maybe also Cap (IW) would be boosted a minor amount, when Cap (Steve) was in the comic.