Can anyone tell me the reason 3* Thor gives out Red Hulk instead of 4* Thor?

tchipley
tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
I just got mine to level 266 and noticed the change.

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    God of Thunder gives Thunderbolt Ross. I always thought they were just been cheeky.

I don't think there's been a change though. I think it was always Rulk.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    My guess is She-Thor came out after they assigned the feeder. Just like how 3* Gamora still feeds 4* Star Lord because they were released in the same batch. This is just one of many examples of mixed match feeders. 

I'm sure they know they need to address it but it's probably low on their priority list. Then again they might just be doing it on purpose to troll us. I'm looking at you Jubilee.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    My guess is She-Thor came out after they assigned the feeder. Just like how 3* Gamora still feeds 4* Star Lord because they were released in the same batch. This is just one of many examples of mixed match feeders. 

I'm sure they know they need to address it but it's probably low on their priority list. Then again they might just be doing it on purpose to troll us. I'm looking at you Jubilee.
    4* Thor was released at the first anniversary, Rulk over a year later.

Championing came out when both had been released for years.
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Cool. Thanks for the answers. This thread can be closed. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    God of Thunder gives Thunderbolt Ross. I always thought they were just been cheeky.

I figured it was because of this

That and Thor and Jane Foster didn't see eye-to-eye for a long time...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:

I figured it was because of this

<image snip>

That and Thor and Jane Foster didn't see eye-to-eye for a long time...
    Yeah, I always thought it was a clever nod to how different the two Thors are. As much as 4* Thor IS Thor, she isn't the 2*/3*/5* character, either. (shame we missed a chance for a timely 4* Odinson that couldn't be used with the 2*/3*/5* but COULD be used with Jane because he doesn't have Mjolnir, I always thought that would have been fun for the game) 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    3* Thor has always been a feeder for 4* Red Hulk. Most of the Feeders from 3* to 4* don't make any sense. You haven't noticed that. Just look at 3* Rocket and Groot and 3* Gamora. Even though they have 4* counter parts they don't get fed by them.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I further wonder why Mohawk Storm DOES feed Jane Foster Thor and not a 4* X-person
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I further wonder why Mohawk Storm DOES feed Jane Foster Thor and not a 4* X-person
    Maybe this comic?

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Really? Lightning Godess and Lightning Godess? Not seeing it?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I mean, not when you have Thor->Thor just sitting there giving out Hulks instead. If the whole deck were getting shuffled, I'd have Mystique giving out her son Nightcrawler and let Storm give out Iceman.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Really? Lighting Godess and Lightning Godess? Not seeing it?
    Lightning Goddess and Thunder Goddess.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well they did team up for a couple of panels...

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Maybe this comic?

Easier than that. You don't even have to go into What If... During the totally canon X-Men: Asgardian Wars storyline, Storm got the hammer and became the Goddess of Thunder. 

Arthur Adams' work never looked better before or since.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I would buy a book called The Totally-Canon X-Men

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    They really need to do a complete overhaul of the 3 to 4 star feeder awards. You have 2 3s feeding one 4 and you have tons of 4s with no feeders at all. 
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

There is one, but due to a number of retcons and controversial decisions by the writers, the book is no longer canon...
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I believe during the Q&A with Demiurge from awhile back had the answer to the "Why don't they update champion rewards more often" question:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70968/q-a-with-demiurge-will-answers-from-demiurge-will-begin-on-p-2/p7

"Felessa said:
    First, @Demiurge_Will , thank you for some answers, it's really good to have this kind of communication.Now this is my question as well: Why are we are having champion rewards updates only for 4*s (to give now 5*s), while the 3*s tier is still so outdated, with the same 4* been given twice (like SL/Gamora) in some cases?
    Our thinking here is that we don't want to pull the rug out from under someone who's been working towards a particular reward by changing who's rewarded before they get there. We've updated the characters that are in champion rewards before, and may do so again, but want to do it rarely for that reason. "
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I would buy a book called The Totally-Shot-from-a-Cannon X-Men.