About the best Passive Power in the game.

Rogue4Lyfe
Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
There are 76 characters in the game that have at least 1 Power (or 1 form of Power) is Passive.

Which character has the best Passive power in the game? And why?

Comment below, thanks

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Chavez, Punch Everyone. Nuff' said.
    Or maybe Jessica's Damning Evidence. Love'm both really.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    before the recent change, gambit had the best passive because he made (all?) pricey enemy powers ineffective.

after the recent change, okoye has the best passive because she makes many friendy power/passive combos effective
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Thor passive AP generation. It already generated more than Gambit pre-nerf (but no important AP kill) The difference being it has more of a set-up. And in return deals a *tinykitty* of free damage and doesn't restrict color use. 

**Removed profanity - Ducky
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    I gotta say it...  Medusa's passives are insane.  She has to be the best "passive" player in the game IMHO.  Her yellow is insane. 

Could argue that Medusa is nothing without the likes of Groot, Carn, Blade, Antman and some others.  But I think there is enough tile creators out there to play off of, and it works off the enemy too.

Obviously argue Chavez and Thor of course.  I just think Medusa's is super easy to get going and has huge benefits.
  • Mortalo
    Mortalo Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Doctor Strange and Flames of the Faltine is very strong for PvE. That's the best 3* passive for sure, it becomes less impressive when boosted champed 4*s come to play, but still Strange is your best friend for a long time.

Ok, it's time to be really serious, Thanos and Court Death. And yes, it's black @OJSP ;) The best colour in the game.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I'm partial to 5* Daredevil's purple. Paired with other powers, or even just a good cascade and you can see some ridiculous damage.
    Also really love Prof X's blue. Damage plus AP gain is great as already been mentioned with Thor's half health and Jessica Jones damning evidence.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    1a.  Thanos Death
    1b.  Thor 1/2 Health. 
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Okoye's passive just makes everything better if you can keep her in front. Love her. 10/10.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it may be hard to judge which passive is "best" since it depends on the situation, but I think these are the most useful passives:

Hood - Dormammu's Aid: when played properly, you can completely stop the enemy from activating powers.  You simply match the least frequent color and let the enemy match the most frequent, and then let Hood pick their pocket every turn.  It works better than people realize and if Hood wasn't so fragile, he would get more play.  Combine him with strong protect tiles and another AP stealer and you could beat any team.  On defense, he's weak though. 

Strange - Flames of the Faltine: everyone knows this is awesome.  It kills goons easily and slows down your opp in PVP until they can 1-shot him or stun.  You can't ignore this passive, it hurts too much. 

Peggy - Legendary Presence: similiar to the above powers, it slows down your opponents.  And speed is the name of this game.  Again, the solution is to 1-shot or stun her; you can't afford to ignore her. 

Star Lord - Everyone with Me: this is really only good against goons, but man it can create some awesome combos.  I used to wipe wave nodes very quickly with him, 3*Fist and 3*Panther.  Playing against him is annoying too since ignoring his passive will be to your detriment. 

Thanos - Court Death: again, everyone knows how useful this is despite the friendly damage.  Quick wins despite the cost.  Of course, a half damaged 5Thor is a good thing. 

Honestly, I could go on and on, there are many, many good passives - free strikes, extra damage, free criticals, free tile buffing, free AP generation, free protection, free damage retaliation, free true healing, etc.  The best one depends on what you're trying to do. 
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I think it depends on tier you are in.

3* toss up between Strange and Thanos

4* America 

4* I have vultures ap gain in second place 

5* toss up. I am biased towards okoye because she can make anyone do insane damage, but Thanos, Thor, JJ all are up there. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I don't know if I prefer Legendary Presence to Vibranium Tech or not; they go hand in hand on a team though. Legendary Presence has the advantage of starting strong, but it goes away when you need it most (when Peggy has low health and you're trying to salvage a match), whereas Vibranium Tech is dependent on other powers fortifying tiles for you. it takes longer to get moving, but has the advantage that it makes your powers cheaper while taxing the enemy, and will run as long as Shuri is alive. Using both characters on the same team has the effect of starting good, and then finishing even better.
  • bbigler
    I don't know if I prefer Legendary Presence to Vibranium Tech or not; they go hand in hand on a team though. Legendary Presence has the advantage of starting strong, but it goes away when you need it most (when Peggy has low health and you're trying to salvage a match), whereas Vibranium Tech is dependent on other powers fortifying tiles for you. it takes longer to get moving, but has the advantage that it makes your powers cheaper while taxing the enemy, and will run as long as Shuri is alive. Using both characters on the same team has the effect of starting good, and then finishing even better.
    It was extremely rare for my Peggy to go below the health threshold during the match - so Legendary presence always worked.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    No particular order

1. Flames of Faltine - Changed the PVE game. 'Nuff said. 
    2. Court Death - See above
    3. Energy Manipulation - Passive AP collection from opponent matches. Just wow. Maybe even some AOE too. 
    4. Call The Cavalry - Personal favorite of the "when cd reaches 0" effects. Doesn't require any special tiles. 
    5. The Resolute Queen - Absolute game-changer when it comes to dealing with special tiles.  

Honorable Mention: Power of The Demiurge - You might not be generating any crazy damage, but with the way you're cranking up your AP reserves, it's definitely the next step. Needless to say, Wiccan and American annihilate everything in sight as a pair. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Besides the great ones already mentioned,  4*Blades Bloodlust is also fantastic. 

Oh and Mockingbirds Opportunist.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Fear Not, Mi Gente! is probably the most universally useful passive.  Once it gets going, the random crit tiles tend to maintain the necessary AP reserves to maintain the punching.

Although Opportunist is probably my personal favorite, given how ridiculously often the AI tends to cascade into match-4 and 5 moves.  Paired with Jean Grey it's like all the fun of Thanos with none of the drawbacks.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

2* mention for Hawkeye Speed Shot 

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you replaced all of 5* Wasp's abilities with only Hood's passive, I'd play her.
  • bbigler
    scottee said:
    If you replaced all of 5* Wasp's abilities with only Hood's passive, I'd play her.
    Yeah, AP stealing is both defense and offense acceleration.