New Supports: Stepford Cuckoos (7/31/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Perk List

Perk 1

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • When the supported character fires a power, there's a 34.00% chance to steal 3 random AP.

Perk 3

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • The supported character's Purple match damage is increased by 398.

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • The supported character's Critical tile multiplier is increased by 2.7.

Emma Frost Synergy Perk

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • Enemy powers deal 298 less damage to Emma for each Fortified friendly tile on the board (max of 6 tiles).

Store Offers

General

• Stepford Cuckoos (Telepathic Teens) will be visible in the Support screen at 7:00 AM EDT on Tuesday July 31st
  • New vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM EDT later that day (See Below)
  • All special offers last for two days.

Supports: Stepford Cuckoos Store

• Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
    • Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)
    • Hulkling (Young Avengers)
    • Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)
    • Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space)
    • Carol's Communicator (Super Beeper)
    • The Carol Corps (Banshee Squadron)
    • Chewie (Flerken Feline)
    • Stepford Cuckoos (Telepathic Teens)
  • Stepford Cuckoos (Telepathic Teens) is available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.
  • Only visible if you have a token for the store.

Stepford Cuckoos Vault

• A 120 item vault
    • 1x Supports: Stepford Cuckoos Master Token
    • 5x Supports: Stepford Cuckoos Advanced Tokens
    • 9x Supports: Stepford Cuckoos Beginner Tokens
    • 1x 4-Star Cover
    • 14x 3-Star Covers
    • 63x 2-Stars Covers
    • 1x 300 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 200 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 150 Red Iso-8
    • 2x 50 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 25 Red Iso-8
    • 2x 5,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 1,500 Iso-8
    • 8x 1,000 Iso-8

Iceman Heroes for Hire

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 1x Purple Iceman cover
    • 2x Supports: Stepford Cuckoos Advanced Tokens
    • 3x Supports: Stepford Cuckoos Beginner Tokens
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8

Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) Heroes for Hire

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 1x Blue Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) cover
    • 1x Supports: Stepford Cuckoos Master Token
    • 3x Supports: Stepford Cuckoos Advanced Tokens
    • 5,000 Red Iso-8

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feels like a dud support, to be honest. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Redundant post is redundant. You could have just said it feels like a support. The dud is assumed when you say supports. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    So, in 5* land we can use this *cough*wonderful*cough* perk with neutered Gambit or AA, and that's it.

Welp, no reason to chase this one. One day I just hope to get 5 BP champed so I can use my Rank 4 Astral Plane with him, since I can't use it with JJ or Okoye.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Bzhai said:
    Why was this synergy perk not passive on Diamond Form? I created a support suggestion thread that hyper specific supports like this that complete otherwise unfinished characters need to be specifically granted as a champ reward on the character they apply to. Not a token either, but specifically the proper support.
    My thoughts exactly. This is very bad design, character wise and for the long-term longevity of the game. 

Intentionally gutting new characters to entice players to buy Supports is not working. You guys need to rethink this system and offer something that is worth spending our $$$ on. 
    Could not agree more.  This new trend is obnoxious as hell, and if it continues I finally will quit.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    nah, im40 is a support. hood is a support.
    this is a troll.
    can't we just call them "trolls"?
    "jokes"?
    "lols"? 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, I'm a little disappointed that they've all got the same hair colour.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    RIP Esme and Sophie....
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    They don't even leave these 'special' support vaults up long enough. They're only there for a couple of days, which limits how many single-pull daily deals you can have compared to most vaults.

The mishandling on this 'feature' continues with very little effort to fix it.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    broll said:
    Borstock said:
    Redundant post is redundant. You could have just said it feels like a support. The dud is assumed when you say supports. 
    Y'know, Broll, you can keep making this redundant post every time someone says the word 'support', but I think we get it. You don't think much of supports. But as they continue to become a bigger and bigger part of the game, you become part of a smaller and smaller minority. I didn't think much of them either, until I got one that's pretty useful. It's just a rank 2 support, nothing overly flashy, but its been pretty darn fun for me in PvE.

You don't need them all. You don't even need one at rank 5. Try opening your mind to the possibilities.
    Amen brother, I can admit I was wrong. Yeah there’s riso issues and availability but on the whole I now really like them. I’d rather we can never cover them all or level them all so there’s going to be diversity in who I face rather than everyone running the same support.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    They don't even leave these 'special' support vaults up long enough. They're only there for a couple of days, which limits how many single-pull daily deals you can have compared to most vaults.

The mishandling on this 'feature' continues with very little effort to fix it.
    Presumably the people actually chasing these supports are not that sensitive to the daily deal price.  If someone is buying out the vault multiple times chasing a rank 5 support, then a few extra days for discounted pulls is going to be lost in the noise.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    The debut of this er... support has us more inclined to think that these "Supports" are being used to serve as soft patches to fix  bad design / rush released characters. Or, as stated by the insightful thoughts above, are by design to gut specific characters till the support is acquired by purchase. 

Either way...the character remains gutted since supports cannot be incorporated in PVP. So "Lady Gaga" Frost remains with Cubic zirconia skin.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Dormammu said:
    broll said:
    Borstock said:
    Y'know, Broll, you can keep making this redundant post every time someone says the word 'support', but I think we get it. You don't think much of supports. But as they continue to become a bigger and bigger part of the game, you become part of a smaller and smaller minority. I didn't think much of them either, until I got one that's pretty useful. It's just a rank 2 support, nothing overly flashy, but its been pretty darn fun for me in PvE.

You don't need them all. You don't even need one at rank 5. Try opening your mind to the possibilities.
    I call shenanigans. Nothing wrong with letting them know we are not happy with something that could impact large portions of the playerbase.  

I posted a response to tonyfoot in the unofficial thread a day or two ago, on mobile so i dont have the inclination to post it, feel free to look it up and add a rebuttal there.  

Let me ask you this, when rocket was posting every pve about tapping, a situation that directly affected dozens of people, and dozens more indirectly, where you giving him the same amount of grief?  Lack of availability of supports and riso impact everyone, top to bottom.  

If you dont want to see his posts, look it up, set him to "ignore" and move on.

Edit:  in case you dont look up my other post, this is the most telling part of your response;  "I didn't think much of them either, until I got one that's pretty useful."

So, since we haven't been lucky enough to get a usable support, we should just shut up about how the chances to get them suck?

Out if curiosity, what support did you get that is so much fun for you?  Please enlighten, in case i am honestly doing something wrong
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I call shenanigans. Nothing wrong with letting them know we are not happy with something that could impact large portions of the playerbase.
    Is that what Broll's post was? Or the same post he made in two other threads yesterday? Letting the developers know what he thinks? Okay, though... if I may... there is a Suggestions & Feedback forum he may want to try. It may result in less ABUSE flags on his posts.
    Let me ask you this, when rocket was posting every pve about tapping, a situation that directly affected dozens of people, and dozens more indirectly, where you giving him the same amount of grief?
    First of all, what does that situation have to do with this one? If I didn't have an opinion on tapping, does that mean I can't have an opinion on this one? As for 'grief', I'm going to disagree with you there. I thought my comment was civil. I like Broll. I upvote his comments regularly. But he's getting a bit silly with his nonconstructive comments against supports in every thread that mentions them and I shared my opinion with him.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Is that what Broll's post was? Or the same post he made in two other threads yesterday? Letting the developers know what he thinks? Okay, though... if I may... there is a Suggestions & Feedback forum he may want to try. It may result in less ABUSE flags on his posts.
    Let me ask you this, when rocket was posting every pve about tapping, a situation that directly affected dozens of people, and dozens more indirectly, where you giving him the same amount of grief?
    First of all, what does that situation have to do with this one? If I didn't have an opinion on tapping, does that mean I can't have an opinion on this one? As for 'grief', I'm going to disagree with you there. I thought my comment was civil. I like Broll. I upvote his comments regularly. But he's getting a bit silly with his nonconstructive comments against supports in every thread that mentions them and I shared my opinion with him.

Again, to make the comparison to the tapping threads, shouldn't they have been suggestions & feedback?  No, because that is a graveyard of good and bad ideas, both of which get barely looked at and rarely implemented. I don't think it is unreasonable for someone that is upset and frustrated with a feature to put snark in a thread from time to time.  Telling that person they are in the minority and that they should "Try opening your mind to the possibilities," without actually explaining how to do so is the worse offense, imo.  Civil or not, going out of the way to shut him down is not the path we should be applauding to take.

Implementation of supports (which may be working as intended by the devs) does not seem to be working for some people.  And often, those that defend it like yourself, only do so once you *luck* into a good one.  

I offered in my last post: please, change my mind.  Tell me what support you have and how it works for you.  And then, tell me how i am supposed to get it so that i can enjoy it as well.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I have to agree that the Emma Frost synergy perk really should have been built in to the character, even more than the Wiccan and Wasp fumbles.  I like Supports, I like supporting Supports, I've grown weary of Broll's bellyaching about Supports, but that's just completely indefensible.

As is this:

Stepford Cuckoos Vault

• A 120 item vault
      • 63x 2-Stars Covers
      • 15 Supports
    How about... for those of us who like the gear, who enjoy deciding who's getting what in each PVE event, who enjoy having Wong keep our target stunned for one extra round, who enjoy all the random strike tiles and shield tiles popping up, who enjoy having Deadpool's chimichanga keep healing him... for us, would you guys quit making these vaults so utterly stupid?  "Please spend money in our Support vault!  You have a 9% chance of a Support and a 51% chance of another darn 2*!"