Not satisfied with the new update.

Can you please explain why now I have to pay for hero points only to train characters abilities? It's almost impossible now to level up any character unless I pay for hero points and train powers. I mean it was easier with crystals, why such greediness? I'm not stingy.. I even paid for some covers, but it's ridiculous now why do I need the crystals for? It's absurd to pay for 500 hero points only to upgrade characters abilities. There were players who achieved level 20 using crystals to train powers and now is almost impossible because of that. I think it would be better with the crystals and also be able to save process via Google account or other way that is not Facebook. The game is really good, but I'm so disappointed with the new update. icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• realize that you always needed hp to level the higher levels of even 1 star abilities, and 2 star heroes needed hp after 5 ability levels.
  • rolo143 wrote:
    There were players who achieved level 20 using crystals to train powers and now is almost impossible because of that.

As forgrim mentioned, this is not true. All covers required HP for higher levels; I think on 1 star covers it was anything passed lvl 10 power or was it 15? Regardless the new way is actually cheaper I believe.

Per the patch notes:
    IceIX wrote:
    - New methods of training heroes in their ability usage have been found. This has resulted in the following:
    o Costs for leveling abilities are now a static amount instead of an escalating one.
    o 2+ star character ability upgrade costs have been reduced
    o 1 star characters now require Hero Points to upgrade abilities. This is counterbalanced by the fact that the number of ability upgrades that is required has been greatly reduced and that most 1 star characters are available as rewards in Chapters or Events.

It just seems more expensive at first because you're used to seeing the ISO-8 requirements for those first few levels. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I have a wolverine. Before I could level him up by training powers with crystals, then raising his level. Now, unless I'm willing to pay for 500 hero points (which I'm not) to train abilities. I can't level him up. The only way is to obtain another cover, and I don't think they would give a wolverine cover. Seriously. At much they would give iron man or storm or any other 1 star character. Now I Can't fight with level 21 ironman for example, because I didn't take advantage of the use of the crystals to level him up. It's too disappointing. And greedy.
  • rolo143 wrote:
    I have a wolverine. Before I could level him up by training powers with crystals, then raising his level. Now, unless I'm willing to pay for 500 hero points (which I'm not) to train abilities. I can't level him up. The only way is to obtain another cover, and I don't think they would give a wolverine cover. Seriously. At much they would give iron man or storm or any other 1 star character. Now I Can't fight with level 21 ironman for example, because I didn't take advantage of the use of the crystals to level him up. It's too disappointing. And greedy.

What are you talking about? They've had 2 star Wolverines you can win without using HP and, in fact, that's how I've gotten all mine. It seems to me like you want to complain without really checking your facts which is cool, I guess but you won't be taken very seriously here. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Look.. There's a point where you can't level up any character until you train powers first. The only way to do this was (before the update) with crystals or having other equal card. Crystals are easy to obtain. HP not.
  • rolo143 wrote:
    Look.. There's a point where you can't level up any character until you train powers first. The only way to do this was (before the update) with crystals or having other equal card. Crystals are easy to obtain. HP not.

You keep saying that but that doesn't make it true; yes you could level up "some" of the powers with ISO-8 but you could never completely finish upgrading any cover's powers without HP or additional Covers, even for 1 star characters; for 2+ star covers, the ISO-8 power upgrades ended even sooner. Now that each level of power is worth 5 previous levels, covers themselves are worth way more and thus it evens out (not really as it has already been shown, it's actually cheaper now) but you don't seem to have any need for facts or truth so I won't comment further. Have fun. icon_razz.gif
  • wolverine, which is a 2 star card, could have his abilities trained up to level 5 using iso. after 5, it transitioned to HP. so clearly you didn't leave up ur wolverine past that point to have seen that. after the patch was added in, ur wolverine's abilities were rounded up (effectively giving you free ability levels) and now you have reached the point where you have to use hp to level up those abilities.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    I don't know if I can't explain myself or what. My wolverine is level 2. I didn't train his powers first when I could, using iso8. )Now I regret that, because with the update I have to have another wolverine card (which is very difficult to get) or 500 HP (I have to pay) I never reached level 5 with any power.

What I see in the new update is just a way to obligate you to pay real money. I'm not against paying some money for new covers. I even pay to buy new covers, that's how I get Wolverine. But paying just to train powers is ridiculous. If only we could train powers with crystals, at least until level 5 I could raise a little bit the level of him but now I can't. It's almost useless to have a wolverine level 2 until I get another equal card or I pay for 500 HP
  • I didn't try, but can't you still lvl up power with merging same cards ?

You have your Wolverine, and if you find another wolverine with green power for example, can't you fuse them to add green power +1 ?
  • rolo143 wrote:
    I don't know if I can't explain myself or what. My wolverine is level 2. I didn't train his powers first when I could, using iso8. )Now I regret that, because with the update I have to have another wolverine card (which is very difficult to get) or 500 HP (I have to pay) I never reached level 5 with any power. You say after reaching level 5 you need HP. So why you need HP if mypowers aren't level 5 yet? How can I level up a character if I need to pay now just for leveling up a power?

What I see in the new update is just a way to obligate you to pay real money. I'm not against paying some money for new covers. I even pay to buy new covers, that's how I get Wolverine. But paying just to train powers is ridiculous. If only we could train powers with crystals, at least until level 5 I could raise a little bit the level of him but now I can't. It's almost useless to have a wolverine level 2 until I get another equal card or I pay for 500 HP

You are mixing things up in your thought process.

In the old (pre-patch) system. Wolverine had powers with levels from 1-20. After level 5, you had to start paying HP to level them up (6-20). This started off with small amounts of HP but escalated quickly.
    In the new (post-patch) system, Wolverine has powers with levels 1-5 (5 is the max and equivalent to the old level 20) so what used to be level 5 in the old system is now level 2 in the new system, level 6-10 in the old system are now level 3 in the new system, etc., etc. (see below). What this means is that while it might be slightly more HP to get to the new level 2 (which you've already reached thanks to the devs rounding up system), it actually get's cheaper the more you level up the powers compared to the old system. Remember the old system used HP also after you'd gotten to (the old) level 5 but the new way is actually cheaper especially the higher you go and any covers you find are worth way more. I can't explain it any better than this. icon_neutral.gif
    IceIX wrote:
     Current Ability Level / New Ability level
    • Level 1 -> Level 1
    • Level 2-5 -> Level 2
    • Level 6-10 -> Level 3
    • Level 11-15 -> Level 4
    • Level 16-20 -> Level 5
  • OK I get it. Abilities now have been reduced to 5. But it also says
    Abilities have been streamlined down to 5 levels from 20. This makes each ability level gain much more powerful, so that gaining a new Comic Cover is more meaningful. This also enables 2+ star characters to be leveled up much more easily.

"This also enables 2-star characters to be leveled up much more easily".

Unless you pay for 500 HP you would be able to train powers and level up 2 star characters. I don't see the easiness in that. icon_rolleyes.gif

The only way would be to be rewarded HP. Each day by logging up, then HP wouldn't be so hard to get.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    They're leveled more easily in that 2 star characters are relatively commonly given out as rewards for Events and Tourneys. You can always pay the 500 HP to level them up, but for 1 and 2 star characters, the best was has been (and still is) to grab other copies of that character to level. Now though, you don't have to get an additional 19 copies to max a skill, only 4.