About countering America Chavez....

2»

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker

I am up to 10 covers on Wiccan now, and I'm really curious how well he will work as a partner/counter to Chavez. He is kind of the 4* black bolt, and I think a team that is in the business of saving up AP will help him transform into the Demiurge for extra cascade potential.
    Agreed on Wiccan, I can't wait to see how they work together!

Speaking of AP control though, I can't believe nobody has mentioned Rogue. Get 5 green, pick whoever's strongest color bothers you most, and just lock the enemy team down in that color until you feel like firing off a Power Siphon FTW. She also tanks those crit tiles for minimal damage to keep the rest of your team safe.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also her red gathers AP, so while it isn't especially cheap to fire, it has the advantage of letting you quickly throw AP on a number of stacks at the same time while also doing good damage.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    It isn't until Chavez is powered up that the AI player keeps getting cascades, even on turn 1 countering your +1 all AP that was supposed to help speed up the match. :sigh:
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Kill her first. Don’t fire your powers unless to kill her. I really don’t see the problem. She’s hella frail. 

If you you really want character to counter her, Hood and Loki do well. 
    This is simply not the case -- she's got excellent health. Just picking out a few comparable 4*s:

MEHulk at 282: 19,399
    Lockjaw at 295: 18,915
    Rogue at 294: 18,770
    Coulson at 290: 17,290
    America at 289: 17,157
    Carol at 300: 16,709
    Peggy at 288: 16,279
    Medusa at 295: 16,078
    Blade at 294: 15,954

That demonstrates she's definitely one of the stronger toons for health.

I agree with you about Hood, though. He's an excellent counter but you need shields to tank for him and you need to make sure he isn't left on defense if in PvP.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    4* nerf incoming...
    why shes not even top 5 in the 4* category..
    She's a 5* accessory. All she brings to the party is her critical tile spamming ability. In PVE, if you have the boosted 5* essential champed, you should be using her with half health thor on the other side or Strange if you are fighting goons. In Shield simulator, she was always an easy 3rd for a fast climbing GamThor team. When she's boosted for the week, you use her in every match you can. This week, for PVE, I had champ boosted PHX and champ boosted America Chavez. The third teammate didn't matter. It could have been Bagman. 

If you are still in 4* land, then yes I would agree that she's not all that. If you are playing with champ 5*s, America is probably in the top 2 4*s you are using (max champ Carol is the other one). I don't know where these arbitrary rankings are coming from, but they are truly detrimental and misleading to newer posters/players if these opinions are provided by those with limited scope and rosters.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    4* nerf incoming...
    If you are playing with champ 5*s, America is probably in the top 2 4*s you are using (max champ Carol is the other one).
    Coulson fits in there with Hawkeye as the glass cannon team.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    abmoraz said:
    4* nerf incoming...
    If you are playing with champ 5*s, America is probably in the top 2 4*s you are using (max champ Carol is the other one).
    Coulson fits in there with Hawkeye as the glass cannon team.
    Truth. Perfect team for early simulator when you are not getting beatdown 3 matches by the time you eke out that one win. I love playing Coulson/5HE/4carol. I can save a ton on health and it's very effective vs higher level teams. However, when speed hopping or PVE grinding for placement, it's risky as all those expiring countdowns and subsequent buffs from carol passive take a while to resolve. Always thinking about offense and I never think about the defensive team enough in PVP. 

Just to bring it back on topic, America's crits can be triggered two turns into match with color AP boosts and much quicker to hop with when paired with 5s. Don't need color boosts if you are bringing half health Thor to the party as well. Last's night's sub event: PHX/half health Thor/America (PHX/America for essentials; thanos team for one-swiping easy nodes) = 40 minutes to 4x clear SCL9; still 14th or so in the sub ranking. I'm notoriously slow but America gets me peeking  possibly into top 10.

as for countering her, I take her out first overall, even with JJ or Okoye in the field. Also use the AP hoarding technique and saving enough to nuke her; anything to avoid her passive criticals generating.