Space Stone Season Updates *Updated (8/9/18)

13»

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Man, Fight for Wakanda, while infuriating, was a decent event. I'll miss two of the three tiers from it... But not that exploding tiles tier. That one was made to make you buy health packs, period.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby - you absolutely must revise the first post to include the Gambit sell-back rules (as quoted from your comment here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/757767/#Comment_757767 )

"Players will get one(1) cover back for each cover they invested in him. For a pre-Championed Gambit, you will get a cover based on levels. You receive additional covers at 275, 287, 303, 319, 331, 347, 363, 375, 391, 407, 423, 439. You receive a cover back for each Champion level you apply to Gambit. "

I shouldn't have had to dig through pages and pages of threads and posts to find a comment with crucial information that I vaguely remembered reading sometime in the last few weeks. 
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    akboyce said:
    Huntah86 said:
    Hoser said:
    Well MPQ.....You forced my hand and I sold the Gambit that I have worked years to strengthen and you made him useless. As a player that has been with MPQ since launch date I am getting real tired of developers giving in to the new players who cant win immediately. They just didnt like playing against Gambit so they cried until you nerfed him beyond use. This is a disturbing trend that began with OML. So I took the 243,000 iso & 11 5star pulls. Many of us used Gambit for pve so we werent playing 6 hours / day.  I wonder what character the new players will target next.....I bet it will be 5star Thor. 
    Gambit was released last October so it hasn't even been one year let alone years.

He trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber... or the Hyperbole Time Chamber. Hard to say.
    In theory, one could have used Gambit for two "years".  2017 and 2018.  Yet somehow I don't think that was what was implied.  Incidentally, looking at the time stamp, Hoser somehow sold Gambit before one could sell Gambit.  That, in itself, is quite a feat.
    Actually I was able to sell Gambit when I posted. I got 243,000 iso and 11 5star characters. I am in Pittsburgh area, hence the EST zone. If you dont like my post, simply move past it. It surely wasnt meant for you. It was meant for the developers. Im sorry you appear to be offended by a post that was in no way meant for you....actually, Im not. 
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I couldn't find mention of this anywhere.  Do you get a chance for a bonus hero on your Marvel Legends Legendary draws?

If yes I am tempted to sell my Gambit and put him as my bonus hero so I can have him at 1 cover for the occasional 5* essential pve node.
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I had Gambit as my bonus but didnt receive a bonus in my 11 draws. I figured I would buy a cover for 250 cp if he becomes required. They ultimately made him useless anyway. I was able to boost alot of my 5 stars to 9+ covers and got Strange and Cap Infinity War to 13 covers each. So overall it was worth it, because Strange is a beast boosted. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I couldn't find mention of this anywhere.  Do you get a chance for a bonus hero on your Marvel Legends Legendary draws?

If yes I am tempted to sell my Gambit and put him as my bonus hero so I can have him at 1 cover for the occasional 5* essential pve node.
    There are no BH odds listed. Therefor no BH possible.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby - you absolutely must revise the first post to include the Gambit sell-back rules (as quoted from your comment here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/757767/#Comment_757767 )

"Players will get one(1) cover back for each cover they invested in him. For a pre-Championed Gambit, you will get a cover based on levels. You receive additional covers at 275, 287, 303, 319, 331, 347, 363, 375, 391, 407, 423, 439. You receive a cover back for each Champion level you apply to Gambit. "

I shouldn't have had to dig through pages and pages of threads and posts to find a comment with crucial information that I vaguely remembered reading sometime in the last few weeks. 
    I have a 1/1/1 Gambit at 255.  My current offer is 1 token and 2000 iso.  If I put iso into him up to 287, how many tokens would be offered?
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Nevermind, I leveled him to 287 and received 3 tokens.

Daredevil
    Green Goblin
    Wasp

At least the DD was useful.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby @IceIX how long will the buy back be for Gambit.  Will it be like OML and for the season?  Can you please let us know.  Thanks. 

• Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Also can all the people who sold OML please get equal retroactive compensation like Gambit has received? People who sold OML got half the compensation at a 2:1 ratio for 5* only tokens when gambit got 1:1 compensation. Resources and the cost of the game has remained largely exactly the same for OML as Gambit.  This was absolutely pathetic to see Gambit get double the resources when sold as OML. Make this right D3.

Not only was the OML nerf disgusting and unnecessary but compensation was pathetic, a huge ripoff and what felt like total robbery of players money, time and efforts.

Please also increase OML health so that he can “ survive longer fights” as you did with the recent gambit baby nerf/buff.

Please also buff all match damage and health of older classic 5* for next season so that they can “ survive longer fights “ like gambit does. Thx.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one forced you to sell OML though, and it was a clearly bad bad deal offered. Just like a Gambit sale is a bad deal as there's no way to get back anything close to what you are selling.

You can't really call anything that results in losing a character compensation. The consideration by D3/Demi for a nerf is always either you love the character still and want to keep him, so you don't get compensation at all, or you hate it and are so disgusted you don't want him on your roster, so you get a fraction of your investment with RNG tied to it.
    The system is set up to make you feel bad whatever you choose.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    How many 5* were in the OML tokens? Feels like half?

From a roster building standpoint, the two sales might be closer than you think thanks to dilution.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Uh, were we supposed to get the bonus LL for using Gambit by now?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    14 5* were out when OML was nerfed. OML was released around early October 2015.

26 5* have been out since the latest Gambit's nerf. Dilution has increased by almost twice. 

The nerf happened 15 months ago and Johnny1Punch is still bitter about the compensation that the devs proposed. I think that's quite worrying?

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Calling the revised Gambit 'useless' is completely incorrect and misleading to other eventual readers of this forum. 
    He's still at least mid-tier on offense. He's still better on defense than many other 5*'s, especially the older ones. 
    He's definitely not as good in PvE any longer, but this is because he no longer has the over-powered features that he shouldn't have had in the first place (Yes, of course I liked them).

He's not as good as he was on PvP shield hops either. This does not make a character ruined by any means. He's fine for climbing and now many more characters are useful again. That is a GOOD thing for the game.

This does't mean you shouldn't sell if it would benefit your overall roster, we just need to put out rational and balanced information to others.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Kwahder said:
    Uh, were we supposed to get the bonus LL for using Gambit by now?
    Yes I got mine last week (at the start of the new season, I believe) as did a few people in my alliance too
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:
    Calling the revised Gambit 'useless' is completely incorrect and misleading to other eventual readers of this forum. 
    He's still at least mid-tier on offense. He's still better on defense than many other 5*'s, especially the older ones. 
    He's definitely not as good in PvE any longer, but this is because he no longer has the over-powered features that he shouldn't have had in the first place (Yes, of course I liked them).

He's not as good as he was on PvP shield hops either. This does not make a character ruined by any means. He's fine for climbing and now many more characters are useful again. That is a GOOD thing for the game.

This does't mean you shouldn't sell if it would benefit your overall roster, we just need to put out rational and balanced information to others.
    Agreed, he's far from useless. He's just not undisputed best tier anymore. He's better than about half the 5's. And right under top tier and with a couple teams just still top tier.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also can all the people who sold OML please get equal retroactive compensation like Gambit has received? People who sold OML got half the compensation at a 2:1 ratio for 5* only tokens when gambit got 1:1 compensation. Resources and the cost of the game has remained largely exactly the same for OML as Gambit.  This was absolutely pathetic to see Gambit get double the resources when sold as OML. Make this right D3.

Not only was the OML nerf disgusting and unnecessary but compensation was pathetic, a huge ripoff and what felt like total robbery of players money, time and efforts.

Please also increase OML health so that he can “ survive longer fights” as you did with the recent gambit baby nerf/buff.

Please also buff all match damage and health of older classic 5* for next season so that they can “ survive longer fights “ like gambit does. Thx.
    Time to move on man. Seriously.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

Time to move on man. Seriously.
    There's a certain song from the popular animated children's movie "Frozen" that would really apply to this situation...

Hey man... would you like to build a snowman? 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Urukele said:
    @Brigby @IceIX

@Brigby @IceIX how long will the buy back be for Gambit.  Will it be like OML and for the season?  Can you please let us know.  Thanks. 

Can we get an official date ? 
    You should find out if they are single before asking that.