Karn, Scion of Urza: Official Thread

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Karn, Scion of Urza

(At Level 60)
+1 manawhitepng | +1 manabluepng | +1 manablackpng | +1 manaredpng | +1 managreenpng 
120 HP
Creatures: 5 | Supports: 6 | Spells: 5

Thran Legacy - Cost 4
Pick one of the next 2 cards of your library. Fetch that card and exile the other. If it was a colorless card, your mana bonuses are increased by 1. Each mana bonus can’t be raised by this ability more than 3 times.
  • Level 2 - Pick one of the next 3 cards of your library...
  • Level 3 - ...increased by 1. If it was a colored card, your mana bonus in that color is increased by 1. Each...
  • Level 4 - ...If it was a colored card...is increased by 2...
Tolarian Legacy - Cost 8
Pick one of the first 2 cards from your exile. It gains 4 mana.
  • Level 2 - Pick one of the first 3 cards from your exile. It gains 6 mana.
  • Level 3 - ...one of the first 2 different cards...
  • Level 4 - ...one of the first 3 different cards...
Argentum's Legacy - Cost 12
Create a Karn's Minor Construct Token
  • Level 2 - Create a Karn's Construct Token
  • Level 3 - Create a Karn's Improved Construct Token
  • Level 4 - Create a Karn's Major Construct Token

Karn's Construct Tokens
  • Karn's Minor Construct Token
    • 8/8 with "While you control 3 or more supports this creature gains Prevent Damage"
  • Karn's Construct Token
    • ...gains Prevent Damage. At the end of your turn, if you control 2 or more supports, return the first support from your graveyard to your hand and it gains 6 mana."
  • Karn's Improved Construct Token
    • 12/12 with "...and it gains 8 mana."
  • Major Karn's Construct Token
    • "...2 or more supports, a support you control gains 2 shield...and it gains 10 mana"

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    so much potential :o

and the token has metalcraft apparently
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    looks fun but slow to start at low levels need to use his abilities to up his mana match and he is a horrible rune sink, but can see plenty of possibilities.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    320k runes is just over the top.  Some people ave stashes, but for even a diligent player that’s ~3 no worth of runes income.  
  • morgue427
    yep, it is nuts but i  did notice his gilded lotus card can help all of the beginner pws do a lot better perhaps it will help them make a comeback?
  • BARBELITH
    BARBELITH Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    they must have changed the way thaumatic compass works with colorless planeswalkers? at first it would transform everytime the first turn it cast, now it just sits there and the activation gems create white gems.
  • BARBELITH
    morgue427 said:
    looks fun but slow to start at low levels need to use his abilities to up his mana match and he is a horrible rune sink, but can see plenty of possibilities.
    At level 28 I tried using him to farm rune on heroic story chapter and not having any issues
  • morgue427
    mine is only 12 so far and still tweaking his deck but gotten far further on the regular story line than i would have expected, so by 28 i am sure he could be a terror
  • BARBELITH
    edited April 2018
    Is there a level breakdown of advancement available? I'm wondering when karn gains his 6th support, I'm currently lvl36
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Karn is by far the best nodeless PW of the bunch. In the BO4T you have every card at your disposal , 6 supports if needed, a simple card draw of your first 3 cards for only 4 loyalty... His range is so much fun  and an insane mana ramp(3 color cards will give you +2 in three categories). Bring all your mythics to the party.
  • turnabouts
    turnabouts Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Karn is coming back next week. Does anyone know how much he will cost?
  • martijn
    martijn Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    have him at 60 now and he is just too brutal. I have 2 decks: one with some lifelink and berserker supports, plus the lotus (6 supports, 2 spells for some control, 2 creatures for tricks). strategy is simple: get mana mana bonuses to 5, then go for the kill. The Token is just too brutal, lifelink makes sure you will last very long.

The other deck evolves around the combo tatyova, benthic druid + sphinx's tutelage. add 5 gates, some land or control spells and you're good to go. once the engine rolls, they will rarely cast a card anymore. Karn is so good here because of the first ability to tickle the sphinx, and the construct to keep the supports alive.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    @martijn I like you second build, with Tatyova and ST. I made a variant with my level 42 Karn and find it to be very strong indeed! I added Jaces Sanctum in place of one of the gates and put the gatekeeper gargoyle in. Great suggestion and thank you!