When is the next 4* feeder for 5* due?

Steve111
Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
edited October 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
does anyone have a list of dates when the feeders were released?

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    A while ago now.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure someone will be along with a list or thread. After the initial 3 feeders, they were generally every 4 weeks (which would be next Wednesday and whoever is the placement reward for HoD next week). BUT there have been exceptions to noticed patterns, and those have been more frequent in the last couple months.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last feeder was for 5* Wasp. 

I used to keep track of it until the "expected" date of 4* feeder gone off the track.
  • Steve111
    @Brigby do you have any news on this please? Thank you
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve111 said:
    @Brigby do you have any news on this please? Thank you

We don't get advance warning, just an announcement when it is time. But as has been mentioned it should be time for Another one next week, so look for an announcement around Tuesday...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The "normal" (or maybe "most normal" is the best way to phrase it) announcement time is the week after the season update. We get a season update thread early in the week, season starts on Thursday, we get a feeder announcement early the next week.

Black Panther came halfway between two "normal" announcements, and Jubilee was two weeks "late." The rest have followed that pattern, so far. (though I guess it could change at any time; theoretically the improved save feature gives them more wiggle room, and they could dump a dozen feeders on us at once, since we wouldn't be near as worried about wasted covers, you know?)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Have they outright said they time these feeder announcements to have anything at all to do with how many individual players are actually going to be able to use retro-active bonuses or lose them on the vine? That seems like a really strange thing to be concerned about to me.
  • Steve111
    edited July 2018
    If they do one a month, it will take another two years for all other 5* to have a feeder (14 characters). Not including new releases of course. 

It would be nice to have more feeder releases now we have the saved cover system in place.

Current 5* without 4* feeder
    5 Ghost Rider
    5 Gambit
    5 Cap IW
    5 BSSM
    5 JJ
    5 AA
    5 Okoye
    5 Surfer
    5 Thor
    5 Black Widow
    5 Dr Strange
    5 Banner
    5 Iron Man CW
    5 Doc Ock
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have they outright said they time these feeder announcements to have anything at all to do with how many individual players are actually going to be able to use retro-active bonuses or lose them on the vine? That seems like a really strange thing to be concerned about to me.
    No, and it wasn't my intention to imply that they did. I'm pretty sure the devs have remained (typically) silent, and most of it is speculation and reasoning from forum users.

But it is the common logic behind doing them slow and spaced out, as loads of free 5* covers sounds like good news, but would put people in a sour mood if a large number of them went to waste. Spacing them out made sense because it gave people time to chase extra covers to complete a 13/13 and to get the ISO to champ to save potential wasted 5* covers. Even if the devs haven't said it directly, being observant of the possible PR-spin can help us anticipate what might happen in the future.

The only reason it's worth mentioning is because the improved Save Cover Feature removes the major potential drawback of doing a large number of feeders at once. They may do nothing at all to change the schedule because they're happy doing it at the current pace (someone on the forums even noted that they might deliberately do it slowly solely because it guarantees a bit of good news each month, deliberately stringing them along for continual morale boosts over time). But it's fun to note that they could, I guess.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    please be jj next! please be jj next! please be jj next!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I noted in the Preview thread, the next PVE reward is.....Wiccan. I don’t know who he’d feed and mine is only at 3/4/3. Not a lot of “free” LTs if it’s him.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEH, they'll probably say something on Discord and we'll find out days later.
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Strange? I mean both use magic and stuff.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    My ideal set up would be two new feeders every two weeks: one new 5 and one double down 5.

Despite my feelings that feeders are just giant pacifiers to avoid addressing the core problems with 5s, I'll take anything at the moment. This 4-5 purgatory is unbearable.
  • Steve111
    There really should be a way to earn 5* from gameplay. Once a month to get a 4* feeder makes us all desperate! 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    For the longest time I had believed that there should be season progression rewards past the 10k point.  gem stone rewards has raised point totals across the board, in what end up being superfluous efforts for what the rewards they actually do end up getting, It's even more necessary now.  I had 15k last season and I think placed 70ish in the 3rd flip of scl9.  A 5* cover should be rewarded for guys who can reach 900 every event plus 2k sim every season.  Additionally the increasing increments in the upper half of season progression never made sense to me too.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    How’s this for an idea? Every time we get ANY new character, we get a new feeder. When it’s a new 5 star the feeder feeds to that 5 star. Like it?
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Knowing their strange sense of humor, probably will be Rouge to feed nerfed Gambit  >:)
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    WEBGAS said:
    Knowing their strange sense of humor, probably will be Rouge to feed nerfed Gambit  >:)
    This would be the most player friendly time for that to happen.