About countering America Chavez....

Rogue4Lyfe
Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
I've just got completely wiped out by America Chavez Passive.

The thing is, her Green Passive power fires EVERY SINGLE TIME. Omg those painful Critical tiles, those painful one-two punch, stars everyhere, plus her holy Yellow Passive generates so much AP and the Red works like +20% all Match Damage boost.

Is there anyway to counter America Chavez, I really need help.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just got completely wiped out by America Chavez Passive.

The thing is, her Green Passive power fires EVERY SINGLE TIME. Omg those painful Critical tiles, those painful one-two punch, stars everyhere, plus her holy Yellow Passive generates so much AP and the Red works like +20% all Match Damage boost.

Is there anyway to counter America Chavez, I really need help.
    Stuns or "have more AP than her." Hold off on firing powers until you take her out unless those powers generate AP. If you can stun her, even if it's just for a turn or two, the AI may fire other powers to reduce its AP pool, and when she comes back online, she isn't necessarily generating criticals.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    here is an even bettter tactic.   boost your ap plus 1 in all the colors.  its will instantlye double her speed or stop her in her tracks

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stun her or bring She-Hulk along.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Click the AP bar and look at both player's AP, so you know what AP you should match and focus on to disrupt that passive. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, just add 1ap boosts for every color before the match. Pretty much neutralizes the AI America until they get a dumb cascade.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Kill her first. Don’t fire your powers unless to kill her. I really don’t see the problem. She’s hella frail. 

If you you really want character to counter her, Hood and Loki do well. 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
      Without seeing your roster it's hard to tell what counters you might have for her, but if you have a decently covered IM40(3* Iron Man) or Vulture you usually can get way more AP than she can make on her own and essentially cut off her crit production.  Another really good counter to her, if you have her, is Mockingbird. If America's team gets a match four or five in a color or TU tile your team gains AP or sometimes fires one of your teams powers for free if you have enough AP banked up in the color they got a match four or five in.  Two more possible team member are Captain Marvel 4* or Main Event Hulk.  C4rol automatically generates AP for you when the other team matches it's strongest color and MEH can even make matches before every turn if you have him well covered.  Hopefully at least some of these characters you can use to counter her.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    4* nerf incoming...
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Kill her first. Don’t fire your powers unless to kill her. I really don’t see the problem. She’s hella frail. 

If you you really want character to counter her, Hood and Loki do well. 
    This is pretty much what I do.  She has never caused me many problems, except when she was partnered with pre-nerf Gambit.  

Save AP until you can kill her with it.  Or for example if you have 12 red AP, and the AI has 0, then go ahead and fire a red power.  

Also the AI doesn’t prioritize crit tiles, so sometimes you get lucky and she creates them for you to use. 
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Like was said start with ap boost and she is slowdown.
    This is the reason that she is weak in defense team.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    4* nerf incoming...
    I hope not!
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    4* nerf incoming...
    why shes not even top 5 in the 4* category..
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Not sure what level battles you are facing with America, but if she can hang with the competition, bring Blk Widow 2* for her pink AP steal. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Not sure what level battles you are facing with America, but if she can hang with the competition, bring Blk Widow 2* for her pink AP steal. 
    An OBW TU would work as well, especially if you can snag a low cover TU (one or two covers) as they're low TU cost for a good enough steal to shut her down most the time. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Skip her. Bring your own champed America. 
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    I'm finding Mordos' purp to be a good solution. If AC wants to hoard up a bunch of AP, cool.... Nuke city
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taking her out first, before she can get cooking, has always been my strategy. If the opponents can't manufacture more AP than you she is pretty much dead weight. But sometimes I see her paired with another priority target, like Jessica Jones. Jessica is another one I like to take out first, so in that case I'll do what others above have suggested and bring a +1AP buff into battle to buy myself enough time to defeat the other target, then hit Chavez.

Enemy cascades against Chavez are always a risk, though, and if she's paired with 5-stars the damage can start racking up fast.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    An overlooked (but also fairly weak) counter is Teen Jean, since America's crit tiles increase the chance of triggering Psychic Feedback, which stuns and damages the enemy team and destroys AP in the enemies' strongest color.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    There are quite a few attacks at the 4* tier that target dynamic AP pools. Yondu's black (destroys up to 7 in enemy's highest colored pool), Nightcrawler's blue (steals 4 of enemy's strongest), Mordo's purple (destroy's 5 of enemy's highest colored pool), Kraven's blue (lol), Elektr4's red (steals 1 each of black, purple red every turn), red hulk keeps that green at 0, kingpin keeps that Yellow under control, Bucky can steal up to 4 of a chosen color on his purple, W4sp's blue passively steals 2ap of whatever color the countdown is each turn; there must be some others, and your mileage will certainly vary with all these. But AP control is the name of the game here. 

I am up to 10 covers on Wiccan now, and I'm really curious how well he will work as a partner/counter to Chavez. He is kind of the 4* black bolt, and I think a team that is in the business of saving up AP will help him transform into the Demiurge for extra cascade potential.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    3 star land: Hood, Loki (AP denial), Iron Man (generate more AP than her), or Spider-man (cheap stun)
    4 star land: Gamora, Iceman (cheap stuns), vulture (AP generation), TeenGrey (use her crits against her), or your own Chavez
    5 star land: pretty much any that are high level.  Their match damage alone should wipe her out before she can do any real damage to your team.

The absolute easiest way to shut her down is to use one "+1 to all AP" boost when going into the match.