Heroes only Lightning Rounds 18-21.03

Comments

• Yeah I think it is kind of cheap to o tokens for LRs. Because it is not hard enough to compete against everyone else? You also have to compete with the rng?
  • i still dont see them. does anyone see them?
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Really wish they would change the prize payout for the hero LRs. I have all 6 characters fully covered at 13/13 but would like a black Hulk and a red Patch for respecs. It’s kind of a horrible slog to win random tokens just to try and get those though. :-/
    I think Devs have realized keeping certain covers super rare is a viable way to generate revenue. Personally, I prefer this route as opposed to releasing Gold / overpowered chars
  • hay guyz wher are the Litning Rounds?

PS,
    I miss the days when all the events revolved around 12 AM/PM EST. I liked being selfish :/
  • Not to mention you have to fight probably everyone's strongest possible team as these Lightning rounds consist of the most commonly used high leveled characters. I do not enjoy fighting spiderman but with an extra bank of hp it becomes infuriating.

That is why I/most people highly prefer the villain rounds. Better tier rewards, less used / leveled chars. Less rng.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Not to mention you have to fight probably everyone's strongest possible team as these Lightning rounds consist of the most commonly used high leveled characters. I do not enjoy fighting spiderman but with an extra bank of hp it becomes infuriating.

That is why I/most people highly prefer the villain rounds. Better tier rewards, less used / leveled chars. Less rng.

Your logic is flawed. How are heroes more readily available when villain lightning rounds have been going on since beginning of time and hero rounds are brand new. Also on average most if the heroes are newer and they have pretty balanced rewards of hero and villain throughout tourneys. NOTHING I know about MPQ backs up heros bring more available.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    While heroes might not be more available in terms of covers, I do think players are more encouraged to level heroes over villains, because historically villains very rarely had their own PvP tournaments outside of LRs, and are almost never buffed during PvE events.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2014
    I thought the round would have started 20 minutes ago but so far nothing. I think I have about 27% chance to get anything useful out of reward tokens (could use some GSBW and hulk covers but they are not really a priority for now) so I'm not sure if it is worth for me to compete. Maybe I will go all out on one round with punisher/spidey/cmags just to compensate the terrible roster in juggernaut event I have put up with. Otherwise it is tanking time.
  • Nemek wrote:
    While heroes might not be more available in terms of covers, I do think players are more encouraged to level heroes over villains, because historically villains very rarely had their own PvP tournaments outside of LRs, and are almost never buffed during PvE events.

Good point. We always play the good guys.
  • My logic is more like you are not going to have to fight a max villian team in villian LR because more often than not those people have maxed their covers or only want diabolical range.

For hero you will face wall to wall max hero teams every round always going for first because they need to rng their 1 of cover. People use all of these Hero's in every event where the villians have little use outside of their niche. Except mags, mags is amazing.

Trying to convey the essence of my thought rather than the exact words. Hero LR are far more infuriating and difficult than villian based on many factors. And there is no buffed healer in villian LR.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    Chimaera wrote:
    Not to mention you have to fight probably everyone's strongest possible team as these Lightning rounds consist of the most commonly used high leveled characters. I do not enjoy fighting spiderman but with an extra bank of hp it becomes infuriating.

Your logic is flawed. How are heroes more readily available when villain lightning rounds have been going on since beginning of time and hero rounds are brand new. Also on average most if the heroes are newer and they have pretty balanced rewards of hero and villain throughout tourneys. NOTHING I know about MPQ backs up heros bring more available.

There hasnt been a single pve event in recent history that has offered a villain reward outside of the hunt:ares. Its been punishers and patches for days. Heroes are also generally considered more powerful than villains as a whole (only c mags is a top tier villain compared to patch, pun, hulk, spidey, and now lazythor), so more people have invested iso into them.
  • Chimaera wrote:

There hasnt been a single pve event in recent history that has offered a villain reward outside of the hunt:ares. Its been punishers and patches for days.

There have been a few Lokis.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    wathombe wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

There hasnt been a single pve event in recent history that has offered a villain reward outside of the hunt:ares. Its been punishers and patches for days.

There have been a few Lokis.

As a pve reward? What event? I remember a couple of pvp loki rewards but not as a pve reward.
  • I wish they would have a per-nerf Ragnorok pve event. How fun would that be? Bashing 230s with cascades for days?
  • As a pve reward? What event? I remember a couple of pvp loki rewards but not as a pve reward.

Oh! Apologies. I missed that you specifically mentioned PvE, not PvP. You are entirely correct (by the very nature of PvE, really). Ares was the exception.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Chimaera wrote:

Having joined around Christmas, I have 12 Hulk covers, 13 punisher covers, 13 IM40 covers, 13 patch covers and 5 GSBW covers.

I also have 6 CMags(4 red, 2 blue, 0 purple), 4 Loki, 2 Rags, 10 Hood and 6 doom covers.

Heroes have been much easier to obtain since they have been the focus of multiple PvE events and single character buffed events. It's really hard to break into the lightning rounds cover rewards using unbuffed heroes. I have been able to obtain exactly 0 covers from the LRs.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Chimaera wrote:

I don't know how, bu that was experience in last ones. At that time I had no villains worth mentioning but 2 heroes over 100 and 2 more over 80. Thought it is my chance. Guess what, I fared worse than in villains going naked. O,O. My team of triple buffs met their match an better. The whole word seem to have them ready to roll.

That is the practice, let's see theory:

1. up until recently villains were not offered as prize anywhere. You could only get them from random tokens, 1-2 covers from daily and obviously form LR. In latter you quite needed some to get anywhere.
    2. Those around could assemble a 8-cover Hulk from his intro.
    3. Punisher was regular progression award in many places, you could gather 6-8 covers from there
    4. When Patch was introduced he was falling from the sky. Those having some of Punisher could easily got him full right ahead or get 10 covers at least
    5. IM40 I didn't see much but everyone starting before steam looked like having a plenty of him. (And recently 3 sets were available)
    6. Spiderman was offered as prize several times, you could get at least 6 covers maybe more.
    7. GSBW: also offered as prize; currently she's my only undeveloped hero with 3 covers as I was not playing much in those

All villain prizes I recall from last 6-8 weeks, 2 hood, 2 mags and 1 loki?

So care to justify how heroes were NOT more available?
  • pasa_ wrote:
    1. up until recently villains were not offered as prize anywhere. You could only get them from random tokens, 1-2 covers from daily and obviously form LR. In latter you quite needed some to get anywhere.

I wish they would have Rag as a reward for a non-LR tourney like we've seen them do with Mag/Hood/Loki/(Doom? can't remember if he was done). Red Rag is the only cover I'm missing. I know he's nerfed but it's nice for completion's sake.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

I don't know how, bu that was experience in last ones. At that time I had no villains worth mentioning but 2 heroes over 100 and 2 more over 80. Thought it is my chance. Guess what, I fared worse than in villains going naked. O,O. My team of triple buffs met their match an better. The whole word seem to have them ready to roll.

That is the practice, let's see theory:

2. Those around could assemble a 8-cover Hulk from his intro.
    3. Punisher was regular progression award in many places, you could gather 6-8 covers from there
    4. When Patch was introduced he was falling from the sky. Those having some of Punisher could easily got him full right ahead or get 10 covers at least
    5. IM40 I didn't see much but everyone starting before steam looked like having a plenty of him. (And recently 3 sets were available)
    6. Spiderman was offered as prize several times, you could get at least 6 covers maybe more.
    7. GSBW: also offered as prize currently I only have her at 3 covers not playing much in those

So care to justify how heroes were NOT more available?

Maybe heroes have became more available as of late. But just the sheer amount produced through villain LR before 1/2 those heroes were even released is very substantial.

Before hulk / patch / punisher were ever even released almost every1 I ever seen had a max ragnarok. Loki was everywhere before his nerf. I stand by that I think there are still more villains out there. I think if anything people think otherwise due to 1 of a few reasons.

1. LATELy heroes have been more available than villains
    2. More people have been levelling heroes because of the quality of punisher / hulk / spidey.
    3. Rags Loki and any other villain who steps up to the plate gets the nerf bat.
    4. Rags Loki doom all have 2 powers so they don't go past 115. You don't notice them as much as 141 heroes.
    5. Heroes have been buffed more lately so that's making them be brought out more.

Who the hell is gonna waste ISO in rags Loki doom nowadays?
  • Kyoku wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

I wish they would have Rag as a reward for a non-LR tourney like we've seen them do with Mag/Hood/Loki/(Doom? can't remember if he was done). Red Rag is the only cover I'm missing. I know he's nerfed but it's nice for completion's sake.

Doom had a "Dr's Orders" tourney quite some time ago.