Space Stone Season Updates *Updated (8/9/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the updates to the Space Stone Season starting tomorrow, 7/26.

Pack Updates

• Ghost (Quantum Thief) is being added to packs.

Character Update

• Gambit (Classic) will be receiving a character update.

• 5-Star Gambit can be sold for Iso-8, as well as special Legendary tokens. These tokens can be redeemed in a Marvel Legends Legendary cover store. This store contains only the following 5-Star characters:
      • Archangel
      • Black Bolt
      • Black Panther (Civil War)
      • Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
      • Captain America (First Avenger)
      • Captain America (Infinity War)
      • Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
      • Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
      • Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
      • Green Goblin
      • Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
      • Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
      • Jean Grey (Phoenix)
      • Jessica Jones
      • Okoye
      • Silver Surfer
      • Spider-Man (Back in Black)
      • Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
      • Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
      • Thanos (The Mad Titan)
      • The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
      • Thor (Gladiator)
      • Wasp (Hope Van Dyne)
      • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
    • The number of tokens you will receive is based on Gambit's character level, including Champion levels. These changes, and the increased sell prices, will be in the game once the update goes live.
    • You receive additional covers at 275, 287, 303, 319, 331, 347, 363, 375, 391, 407, 423, 439. You receive a cover back for each Champion level you apply to Gambit. *New Update*
    • A Latest Legends token will be gifted to any player who used Gambit (Classic) during the past Mind Stone Season

Comments

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

This store contains only the following 5-Star characters:
      • Angel

Um...
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Another season with no new events, new buffs or character rebalances outside of gambits pathetic baby nerf/buff. Same old boring & outdated,regurgitated events year after year with a lame antiquated reward structure. Very disappointing but it’s expected. Marvel strike force is about to get a lot more business. Sad day.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Wow.  I was gonna write a snarky response but I don’t want to get another warning.  Need to save that for another time. Just sad to see the same old black hole of nothingness. 
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    You should get the tokens based on your level Gambit regardless. It’s not the same character anymore. Why bother making people sell? 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Ray of hope is that feeder announcements are separate. So looking forward to maybe a newly nerfed Gambit getting a feeder? Which will feed a few dozen different characters.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    The Ray of hope is that feeder announcements are separate. So looking forward to maybe a newly nerfed Gambit getting a feeder? Which will feed a few dozen different characters.
    Getting a Gambit feeder would be a good solution for those who want to sell their Gambit but keep a cover for 5e nodes. I hope the devs consider it!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if the thought is to have nuGambit be part of the game and then look at 5* tier rebalances?

Or am I being too generous?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    I wonder if the thought is to have nuGambit be part of the game and then look at 5* tier rebalances?

Or am I being too generous?
    That's a fair point. Gambit warps the environment so much that any data they have right now on how characters match up is pretty useless as of tomorrow.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Does purple create 1 turn CD or 2 turn?  The post is contradictory.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    What’s the betting that gambit is the essential 5* a couple of events after we sell him ! 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    What’s the betting that gambit is the essential 5* a couple of events after we sell him ! 
    Well, they follow a pattern, so it's not something you'd bet on, because we can just check.

We should have Gambit mid-August. We're on our third Latest, next two classics are Strange and Phoenix, then another cycle of Infinity Cap, Okoye, and Wasp, then Gambit and Civil War Cap after that. So Simulator, 5 events, then Gambit. Boss events don't count, so a Boss between now and then will delay Gambit being essential by 3-4 days.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards

This year we had new story event (Fight for Wakanda),
     new game feature (Support), solving a couple of major problems (Tapping and implementing Win-Based PvP), Saved Covers, nerf of Gambit etc. I'm expecting sarcasm to some of the new stuff that I've mentioned but it doesn't take away the fact that there are new stuff this year.

The Bad:
    Fight For Wakanda has been officially retired by the developers, as stated. So that barely counts.
    Supports so far are a stillbirth, and have been largely ridiculed and blamed for the lack of content people want (new PVEs, game modes, character rebalances)
    The Eh:
    Saved Covers: better for some, worse for others. The real impact won't show until those it was better for try to move in to the 5star tier.

The good, but..:
    Death to tapping: It took a year to end it.. and they went with the most obvious solution to a problem they created and were warned about on day 0.
    HYBRID Wins PVP: wins PVP was a failure. It took months to implement the most asked for solution as put forth by the community, the "why not both"
    solution.
    Gambit Nerf: after a buff, it took months. And the necessity of the nerf and severity of it is still a hot debate. 

And you forgot the following:
    The Bad:
    Removal of all Heroic PVE events, removal of 7 day PVE events, removal of Gauntlet. And now 2nd off-season without Off-Season PVE events (even though they are thematic)
    the Good, but:
    More 4star PVE events: great, unless you're not well transitioned to the 4star tier already. Luckily there's always dropcakes for wins.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Very high expectations from some of the people here for every announcements. It seems as if they expect the developers to spend 24/7 on MPQ and come up with new stuff every two weeks or every month. 

Realistically speaking, The typical turnaround time for new development takes at least a few months (including approval, discussion, testing, etc).

This year we had new story event (Fight for Wakanda), new game feature (Support), solving a couple of major problems (Tapping and implementing Win-Based PvP), Saved Covers, nerf of Gambit etc. I'm expecting sarcasm to some of the new stuff that I've mentioned but it doesn't take away the fact that there are new stuff this year.

Besides, by now, the vets in this forum should be aware that the devs rarely made announcements weeks or months in advance, unless they are confident that it's going to happen. 

Anyway, we are 7 days away from a new month. I wonder if the teased big(?) change/feature is coming or has it come

I agree without Daiches general summary of the year. We haven’t taken a step forward that I can see, and the game has t evolved much from the beginning of the year, except for supports. 

Maybe we we are expecting too much, but to your assertion I expect that the team is working on this like it’s....a.....job. So, maybe not 24/7 but I would expect a solid 40 with some tangible milestones and I would expect that they ponder the game’s existence outside of the office like other people think about work outside of work. 

I would add to Daiches’ summary by saying that there is nothing reallly different about today vs. January 1st in this game except lower scores, increasing turnover and the EXACT SAME META. Thank goodness for Okoye and the nerf. Only took 8 months?

The game has taken a step back and I don’t think our expectations have been particularly high.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    jackstar0 said:
    They handled Ant-Man and Wasp tie-ins excellently. That shouldn't be underappreciated.
    This is true. Should be a template, no?

Maybe Cable for Deadpool’s DVD release
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow.  I was gonna write a snarky response but I don’t want to get another warning.  Need to save that for another time. Just sad to see the same old black hole of nothingness. 
    Gambit nerf is far from nothing.  Not sure what’s to complain about. It’s literally a character rebalance and the one people have been asking for ages. 

Also go check the release notes. Unprecedentedly amazing news over there. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:
    jackstar0 said:
    They handled Ant-Man and Wasp tie-ins excellently. That shouldn't be underappreciated.
    This is true. Should be a template, no?

Maybe Cable for Deadpool’s DVD release
    I can live with Cable and a 5* Deadpool finally entering the game and revamping the DDQ all over again.

But I wonder a little about the relationship with the Fox-movie properties... we'll see.