P4nther+Shuri+???

2»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    KP’s Black has NOTHING TO DO with BP’s yellow tile because it’s a REPEATER tile and you can’t finger point it. That’s why you put them two together with Nico. 

I think he means that Protector of Wakanda and Maggia Pawns compete for Yellow, and without Maggia Pawns, Wilson's Gambit does nothing (on this team).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    It also kind of sounds like he's talking about how the AI would run this team on defense: they'd likely prioritize the cheaper yellow ability over the damage dealing one.

Cloak & Dagger are probably a superior yellow battery for this team, and you could run them 5/5/3 because Pocket Dimension would always be 3ap regardless. Then you could also have a fortified The Darkness Hungers tile out, assuming you needed just one more fortified tile.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    You guys are both correct; I should have been more specific in explaining the Kingpin vs. Panther yellow dynamic and less hyperbolic in my Fisk bashing.

The defensive/AI component is just part of my mental point-by-point inspection of how a team will work, but I never mentioned it.  If I'm running BP4 at three red (so Shuri can keep spamming fortified tiles) and Shuri at three green, the ideal third team member for the Wakandan royals would cover black and purple as well as having an active green ability cheaper than Shuri's.
  • Jaedenkaal
    You guys are both correct; I should have been more specific in explaining the Kingpin vs. Panther yellow dynamic and less hyperbolic in my Fisk bashing.

The defensive/AI component is just part of my mental point-by-point inspection of how a team will work, but I never mentioned it.  If I'm running BP4 at three red (so Shuri can keep spamming fortified tiles) and Shuri at three green, the ideal third team member for the Wakandan royals would cover black and purple as well as having an active green ability cheaper than Shuri's.
    Well... Gwenpool technically meets these requirements.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    edited July 2018

Well... Gwenpool technically meets these requirements.
    Great idea! I usually run her at 5/3/5, but her black creates a bunch of strong protects and her green is definitely serviceable, if not outright awesome. It might be best to run her at 4/4/5 for the sake of getting four protects from her black at the expense of some of her purple's damage, since her cheat codes will be the same. It's nice being able to zap the Chekhov's Gun tile with her purple if it gets buried in a corner. I think Gwenpool is an underrated character who would work well with the royal Wakandans. She's also my favorite third for the classic pairing of Thoress and IM40.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Then again, there might be so many protect tiles on the board that it would be hard to find a home for four more of them of a single color. I suppose some experimentation is in order.
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited July 2018
    Then again, there might be so many protect tiles on the board that it would be hard to find a home for four more of them of a single color. I suppose some experimentation is in order.
    Gwen makes Protect tiles of all colors.

Also her cheat codes do significantly less damage at 4 vs 5 colors, and destroy/remove fewer tiles (except the columns/rows, of course).
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    I apparently use her black even less than I thought. 
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Depending on what level he's at, Prof X might be a good third.  I think the only color he outright tanks is purple.  Purple gets him invisible so he can buff some tiles.  Yellow gets you 3 tiles each time a teammate fires a power.
    Since I've still been using IM40 most of the time with P4nthuri (is that a thing?), matches didn't get rolling quite as quickly when using Xavier, but holy moly, they were pretty well unstoppable once the invisibility tile was out (and fortified) and cheap powers were firing left and right. Getting multiple fortified yellow BP4 repeaters out puts opponents to bed. Making a single match of three fortified protect tiles can down a full health character in many situations.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Not sure why I hadn't tried Vulture before, but he definitely moved things along with Panthuri. Much like IM40's yellow, it feels a little like cheating when sending Vulture airborne for only 3 AP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    i only ever use Vulture as a blue battery because his green is better than most of the ones I'd want to fuel. I always forget that he's incidentally making other colors as well.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    The nice little bonus here is that I was able to fire Vulture's green twice on the same turn because of Shuri's cost reduction, then Shuri fortified the AOE countdowns.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    So what's the move, get vulture up and kickstart the AP reduction with P4nther's blue while chasing red?
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    So what's the move, get vulture up and kickstart the AP reduction with P4nther's blue while chasing red?
    Pretty much. Vulture will basically sustain himself after he goes airborne the first time. The trickle of red AP he produces will help as well.

They could potentially be fun in PVP (I still don't have any champed 5*s) because Vulture always has a target on his back, which could give the other two characters enough time to get rolling without much help from him. If Vulture is able to start going airborne, it could be easy to stockpile some black when it only costs 3 AP to use so he could end up in one of those situations where he is untouchable by himself.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Is Thing good with this team? Seems like his main utility would be in his yellow passive and high health pool. Maybe Sandman?
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Haven't tried Thing yet, but he would definitely  make sense. Good call with Sandman; I forgot to mention him. His green is nice,  particularly because Shuri's will probably be at three covers, and his purple is good for board shake and fueling yellow for Panther OR himself, since Panther will weaponize any protects created by Sandman.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    This is an easy one 4Cage.  I finally level Shuri and Cage and her are killer together especially if he is boosted.  But Cage and BP overlap on yellow which is problematic so these three are not a perfect team in reality.  I agree with several people above Nico is a better 3rd than BP as fun as it is to plink with BP kinetic shield attack his yellow power, which is his best power when when paired with Cage, slows Cages yellow attacks.  Make sure you use Avengers Tower on one of the characters as well.  Once I see Emma Frost in action a little more she may be a good 3rd for Shuri and Cage as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been using them with the 0/1/2 Frost I came out of the release event with in SCL 8 on the required nodes. It's a good team, you just need to decide if you're using Protector of Wakanda or Labor for Learning. Once there are enough fortified tiles on the board you'll easily have the AP to alternate, but for me you only really need one of Frost's repeaters out for the strike buff. P4nther's tiles are so much better (like...SO much better) from the start, that you really want his to be the ones propogating while she buffs them. Even at lvl 90, she's tanking a few colors so Diamond Form gets some utility. One quirk about Diamond Form is that you actually must have an un-fortified special on the board for it to trigger, it won't work if you have only fortified specials out.
  • JohnnyStacks
    JohnnyStacks Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Flaptain. When you’re done laughing, give it a shot. He can help with shield spam, and buff on blue passively. Shuri makes dive bomb affordable.

main event hulk: his moves get cheap with Shuri, his tile swap can give you free matches occasionally, and gamma powerbomb will create critical inside fortifications for double dip damage
    I love using MEH w/Shuri.  Anything that gets those Gamma Power Bombs going faster.  It's not rainbow coverage, but going with St4rlord and MEH w/Shuri is a blast...you know...because....nvm.