Behemoth Dud

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Today in the DDQ Behemoth Burrito the player's team was Flaptain, Beast, and 2Bullseye. Yikes, what a collection of losers that is. Usually the Behemoth is a cakewalk when I just have the 3-star champed, like today. I recently cashed in my Bullseye when I needed some ISO, so I was working with one at base-level. My Flaptain is fully covered and level 150. It seems like a decent team on paper - lots of defense tiles with Beast's green and Flaptain's red feeding off them - but I couldn't buy a green or red match. Flaptain's red is so expensive I never did get it off.

I nearly lost. My Beast had 1k health left but my Bullseye and Flaptain had been taken out. Pathetic.

Can you remember any other dud teams in this node?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That team is awesome.
    Fire beast blue, buff the resulting tiles to high heaven.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    That team is awesome.
    lol. Yeah, they're a real go-to squad.  :neutral:
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The BB nodes seem to teach how to get synergies between characters at different tiers.  This one was no different.  I suspect if you struggled it's more because you haven't used the characters enough to know how to appropriately use their move sets.  I've seen worse ones, but IMO that was because it had newer 4*s that aren't great that I never bothered to learn how to play.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, there was decent synergy here. I just matched a purple, then grabbed every blue tile on the board to buff the protect until I wasn't taking damage from anything. That gave me the freedom to pursue whatever powers I wanted to win with (IIRC I settled on a Beast win, firing a blue and 2 greens to demolish everyone).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's no grocket killer combo, but it's hardly terrible. Beast is pretty good, in his own way. Get off his Blue early and coast.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    For a Bullseye/Falcon team, I'll take 3Falcon and swap Beast for Wasp. That team wrecks.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Right, that's the Wasp BB team, I think; but 4* Sam Wilson is the point of today's BB. He has to be on it ;)
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Details, details...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With all three champed, it was no problem. I can't remember for sure, but I think that the few that have been tough for me were the result of a weak 3* and an under-covered/unleveled 4*. I remember there was one where I only had a single cover on the 4*, and the Actives on the 2* and 3* were on the same colours, so there were only two useful colours of AP. That one was frustrating.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This team had more shields than S.H.I.E.L.D. I actually had a match 5 just of yellow shields and still didn't run out!