New Supports: Quantum Realm (7/17/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2018 in MPQ Supports Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Get ready to shrink down to sub-atomic levels, because the Quantum Realm has arrived as the latest Support. 

Quantum Realm

Perk List

(All Perks are listed at Level 250, Rank 5)
  • Unlocks at Rank 1
    • At the start of Battle, there's a 72% chance to gain 6 Purple AP.
  • Unlocks at Rank 3
    • The supported Character takes 24% less damage from enemy matches.
  • Unlocks at Rank 5
    • While they are Invisible, the supported character's powers deal an additional 5,567 damage to enemies.
  • Ghost (Quantum Thief) Synergy Perk
    • When Ghost is healed, there's a 15% chance she'll create an Invisibility Tile targeting herself.

Store Offers

General
  • Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space) will be visible in the Support screen at 7:00 AM EDT on Tuesday July 17th
  • New vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM EDT later that day (See Below).
  • All special offers last for two days.
Supports: Quantum Realm Store
  • Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
    • Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)
    • Hulkling (Young Avengers)
    • Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)
    • Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space)
  • Quantum Realm is available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.
  • Only visible if you have a token for it.
Quantum Realm Vault
  • A 120 item vault
    • 1x Quantum Realm: Master token
    • 5x Quantum Realm: Advanced token
    • 9x Quantum Realm: Beginner token
    • 1x random 4-Star
    • 14x random 3-Stars
    • 63x random 2-Stars
    • 1x 300 Red Iso-8 items
    • 3x 200 Red Iso-8 items
    • 3x 150 Red Iso-8 items
    • 2x 50 Red Iso-8 items
    • 3x 25 Red Iso-8
    • 2x 5,000 Iso-8 items
    • 5x 1,500 Iso-8 items
    • 8x 1,000 Iso-8 items
Miles Morales Heroes for Hire Offer
  • Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • Miles Morales (Spider-Man) Purple Cover
    • 2x Quantum Realm: Advanced token
    • 3x Quantum Realm: Beginner token
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8
Professor X Heroes for Hire Offer
  • Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • Professor X (Charles Xavier) Blue Cover
    • 1x Quantum Realm: Master token
    • 1x Quantum Realm: Advanced token
    • 5,000 Red Iso-8

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    More supports. Yay!
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    This is actually pretty good 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh more supports...... 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Dat rank 1 tho.... Wow.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    OMG YAY. More supports. The lamest & most underwhelming feature to ever hit MPQ keeps getting all the focus even though it’s an utter failure no one wants.

Please. Classic 5* buffs. MMR improvements. More event diversity & better rewards. Water Boarding...... anything but more supports . 
    Why do you think it's getting all the focus? How do you know they didn't whip this up in about 5 minutes? 

Seriously, if they use a template to make these, they could churn them out with almost no effort in no time at all. Creating the artwork would probably take the most time.

But I don't know. Maybe it took them weeks and their entire budget for the month just to soften up the people who hate supports. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    OMG YAY. More supports. The lamest & most underwhelming feature to ever hit MPQ keeps getting all the focus even though it’s an utter failure no one wants.

Please. Classic 5* buffs. MMR improvements. More event diversity & better rewards. Water Boarding...... anything but more supports . 
    Why do you think it's getting all the focus? How do you know they didn't whip this up in about 5 minutes? 

Seriously, if they use a template to make these, they could churn them out with almost no effort in no time at all. Creating the artwork would probably take the most time.

But I don't know. Maybe it took them weeks and their entire budget for the month just to soften up the people who hate supports. 

I ain't soften up on supports anytime soon.....lol
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love that you incorporated the tardigrades into the artwork.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards

There are enough people that do like supports and want them to be improved and better implemented that I can't imagine taking someone who says "no one wants them" seriously.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    That looks like a serious support card. Won’t get it but very 👍🏻 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I dont understand why people come into a thread about a new support to complain about the support....

You already know what the thread is about.

Anyway this is a really good support, but yeah getting it on the other hand lol...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not really a power creep since they are trading two powers and redistribute it to the other three powers.

But, wow!. Six purple at the beginning of the match? I was thinking of Spider-Gwen. We'll need another one that gives 6 blue ap and we'll get the whole enemy stunned for two or three turns. 

Get a cheap AoE guy and you are hitting extra 15k worth of damage in total, or tag it to some cheap power ap firer. I'm glad it's not easy to get or level them out now.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if they'll start referring to the Quantum Realm as the Microverse once the Fox deal completes?
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018

But, wow!. Six purple at the beginning of the match? I was thinking of Spider-Gwen. We'll need another one that gives 6 blue ap and we'll get the whole enemy stunned for two or three turns. 

Keep in mind that's for a lvl 250 support, which would take millions of red iso to level up.   Assuming you can get it in the first place, and then spend zero to thousands of red iso, It's more likely going to being the range of 1-3 ap.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    I haven't collected enough red iso since launch to max level even a single support and that's hitting max progression, doing 5-6 clears... Draw rates are not great either, so I don't think I'll spend even a single point of red iso until I see the system settle and intake increase.

If I invest now, I'll just get waste resources on a 3-4* support, while I might receive a better one later at 5*. Maybe by 2019 I'll be able to max level one.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor

Keep in mind that's for a lvl 250 support, which would take millions of red iso to level up.   Assuming you can get it in the first place, and then spend zero to thousands of red iso, It's more likely going to being the range of 1-3 ap.
    I believe the AP generation stays the same at all levels. It’s only the chance of getting 6ap that will improve. 

Dont know the base percentage, but if it’s north of 50% at level1, it becomes a chase item. Double that sentiment if supports are allowed in PvP. 

We went from completely useless fortifying tiles at a 15% clip to game-breaking pretty quickly. 

Where are baby bear’s supports!